Royals Dancing

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was watching a tv show the other day and John Travolta was talking about a gala he attended. He said the President of the US wife asked him to ask Princess Diana to dance at the stroke of midnight because Diana really wanted to dance with him. So he tapped her on the shoulder on the stroke of midnight and asked her to dance. She said yes and then that was that. John Travolta then said that he heard that their dance was one of the highlights of her life.

The king and queen of sweden

sweden8ay.jpg

Last edited:
ah, what a beautiful photo! Thanks for posting it Josefine!

zarzuela said:
This is the only picture I've found of the King and Queen of Spain dancing... according to the official website of the King's Household, they're dancing merengue! (Picture taken in Dominican Republic, year 2000).
I would have killed to see that. I wonder wether they were dancing to the beat/rhythm.

Reply to post 28, Diana dancing with unknown ma.n. He is Neville Wran, ex Premier of New South Wales, Australia. The occassion is the Victor Chang Memorial Dinner.

Signed HRH

Harald and Sonja dancing
(Harald looks rather bored, doesn't he? :lol: )

Corbis

Queen Mum
Queen Elisabeth, when she was Princess
and Princess Margareth (I think that she loved dance)
Princess Ann
Source Profimedia.cz

queenmumdb1.jpg

elisabeth1949zg9.jpg

firstdance16july1947bc2.jpg
It's their first public dance after engagement, from 16 july 1947 :wub:

maragarethvf9.jpg
maragareth63xt1.jpg
maragarethwallacehn1.jpg

maragarethfolkvp0.jpg
maragarethsnowdownrd2.jpg

annfh0.jpg

Last edited:
Another royals (source Profimedia.cz):

Monaco

gracekm0.jpg
gracerainierge4.jpg
redcross83vv6.jpg
I love this picture, from Red Cross Ball 1983

Luxemburg

luxemburgspv0.jpg

Sweden

ingridcarljohangg4.jpg

sorayauy4.jpg

And beautiful Soraya, after divorce (source Keystone)

Last edited:
I'd love to see that great photo of Prince Henrik and Princess Maxima dancing "belly to belly."

These are all great pictures!! Thanks to everybody!

You can see Prince Henrik and Princess Maxima dancing "belly to belly" on that link:- Danish Royal Watchers and the occasion was King Harald's 70th Birthday party in 2007.

Thank you for the link. I love that photo!

The Duke and Duchess of Windsor at a ball in the 1950's
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
This is funny - Crown prince Carl Gustaf dancing with "Babba" Genetay
IBL Bildbyrå :)
Crown prince Carl Gustaf dancing with Pia Degermark 1971
IBL Bildbyrå
Crown Princess Beatrix and Prince Claus during an international press ball in Amsterdam in 1973
IBL Bildbyrå
Princess Märtha Louise and crown prince Haakon dancing together on a lunch at Oslo City Hall 1982
IBL Bildbyrå
Princess Mabel dancing during the annual Koninginnedag (Queen's Day) celebrations 30 Apr 2007
IBL Bildbyrå
Prince Albert II and Princess Camilla Bourbon of Sicily at the Rose Ball 24 March 2007
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited:
Infanta Cristina at a sailing championship July 1986
Corbis
Prince Charles dances at a Prince's Trust party on his 40th birthday 1988
Corbis
Prince Charles dances with Ann Landa, wife of the New South Wales Minister of Education.
Corbis
Prince Charles dances the tango with Zulemita Menem at an official visit to Argentina 1999
Corbis
Prince Charles in Argentina with a different lady
Corbis
Duke of Windsor dancing with Athina Onassis 1960
Corbis
Queen Beatrix dancing with Crown Prince Willem-Alexander 1998
Corbis
Emperor Akihito and empress Michiko 1993
Corbis

Felipe and Letizia dancing at the wedding of Frederik and Mary
Hola

There is sweet youtube video of QEII in which she (at the very end) dances a scottish reel with Philip, Ann and Tim Laurence and QEII is absolutely gorgeous, having such a splendid time obviously.
I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to this video as it is not mine....:ermm::question:

These are great pictures. I really like seeing the older photos.

Princess Elizabeth dancing a fox-trot with Captain Lord Rupert Nevill at the Royal and Merchant Navy Ball at the Dorchester Hotel, London 9th May 1946
Photoshot
Princess Elizabeth dances with major Butters 1949
SeegerPress
Queen Silvia dances with count Lennart Bernadotte 1997
SeegerPress
Prince Charles dances with Miss Charlotte Manners at a ball in aid of the Save the Children Fund on the 1st April 1971
Photoshot

Last edited:
Thank you for all these wonderful dancing pictures---most I had not seen before. The other day a saw (again) the video of the CP Couple of Denmark dancing.....They were so stiff , it was almost embarrassing on such an important day of their life.
I most enjoy watching William-Alexander & Maxima dance they are so dynamic and exuberant

Prince Charles with dancing teacher Carol-Anna Stephenson Dancing a Caribbean dance the "Merengue" together at the DanceBase Centre in Edinburgh, May 2000.
Photoshot
Princess Aiko dances with fellow students at her school's athletic festival in Tokyo 06 October 2007.
ANP Beeldbank :flowers:

Do the Royals of Japan ever dance ??

Another royals (source Profimedia.cz):

Monaco

gracekm0.jpg
gracerainierge4.jpg
redcross83vv6.jpg
I love this picture, from Red Cross Ball 1983

Luxemburg

luxemburgspv0.jpg

Sweden

ingridcarljohangg4.jpg

sorayauy4.jpg

And beautiful Soraya, after divorce (source Keystone)

that expression of princess grace's face is priceless:flowers::ROFLMAO:

lyndaW, some lovely photos of the Emperor and Empress of Japan dancing on a charity ball April 16th 1993
Corbis
Corbis
Corbis
Corbis

Last edited:
lyndaW, some lovely photos of the Emperor and Empress of Japan dancing on a charity ball April 16th 1993
Corbis
Corbis
Corbis
Corbis

Oh thank you LadyFinn. The only word that comes to mind when looking at these pictures is----------how sweet they look.

Anyone have any pictures of King Abdullah II & Queen Rania ??
Prince Joachim & Marie ?? Prince Joachim & Countess X-Wife Alexandra ??
King Mohammed VI & wife Princess Lalla Salma??

Back
Top Bottom