Royals Born By Caesarean

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there any proof Margaret wasn't born by caesarean, as logic and overwhelming custom of the time would have seemed to dictate? They don't tend to change these things just because you're royal.
As far as I know there is a report that there was a 6 hour labour, so its unlikley that they would have let her go into labour naturally for so long, if a caesarian was planned.

"Premature" and "Caesarean" can happen independently, though. Full-term babies have often been c-section births.

"Premature" and "Caesarean" can happen independently, though. Full-term babies have often been c-section births.

And there have always been and still are cases of premature babies born naturally.

P.S. I started the Thread "Royals born premature" and it was merged with this one.

And there have always been and still are cases of premature babies born naturally.

P.S. I started the Thread "Royals born premature" and it was merged with this one.

Albert Victor/Eddy of Wales, famously so. People who thought they were being funny referred to as him "All-but-on-the-ice". I feel like Eddy's prematurity was likely a significant factor in his health and demeanor and learning issues, but no one has really managed to look into it yet. Speculating that he was Jack the Ripper is too much fun, I guess. :whistling:

Queen Louise of Sweden née Battenberg/Mountbatten was premature, and I think it was said to play a part in her health her whole life, including her heart issues and somewhat early death.

So was her brother-in-law Andrew of Greece, afaik an even earlier baby, and also not a Caesarean. (Also heart issues and an early death. I want to say it was responsible for his bad eyes as well, but I don't know for sure.)

Last edited:
And Emperor Claudius suffered reportedly from cerebral palsy due to prematurity.

Last edited:
Cant see how people's health probelms in relation to thier being premature, can possibly be worked out now at this late stage.

There is an article about Prince Maurice of Battenberg (the youngest grandchild of Queen Victoria) is which is stated "Queen Victoria and Prince Henry of Battenberg were present for the birth":

Royal Musings: Prince Maurice of Battenberg

Does it mean that Queen Victoria (grandmother) squeezed the left and Prince Henry (husband) - the right hand of Princess Beatrice (or the other way round) while she was giving birth?

Princess Leonor, daughter of King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, then the prince and princess of Asturias, born on 31 October 2005 at 01:46, in the Ruber International Hospital in Madrid by means of a caesarean section necessitated by non-progression of labour.

Infanta Sofía was born on 29 April 2007 at 16:50 in the Ruber International Hospital in Madrid by means of a caesarean section, two days after due date.

Last edited:
Princes Charles and François of Luxembourg were born by caesarean

Information about the births of all the late Queen Elizabeth’s children. Some medical authorities in Britain certainly seemed to be fans of the ‘twilight sleep’ procedures.

https://www.maternityandmidwifery.co.uk/queen-elizabeths-royal-births-transforming-the-monarchy/

About Charles ….. apparently the Queen was in labour for about 30 hours and nothing was happening. A bit like the QM before her. So a c-section was decided upon.

‘Eventually Charles was born by a Caesarean section in a music room in Buckingham Palace which had been converted into a theatre. She was attended by Obstetricians Sir William Gilliatt and Sir John Peel, and also midwife Helen Rowe, who was thought to be present for all the births. Caesarean sections were also less common in the general public at that time; in the 1950s only around 3% were caesarean section. It would have been of some concern that the Queen required one. It is known Prince Philip was not present for this birth, playing squash with his private secretary until he received the news. It was usual for partners to not be present during labour and birth; it was not until 1960s that this became more accepted.’

Last edited:
Information about the births of all the late Queen Elizabeth’s children. Some medical authorities in Britain certainly seemed to be fans of the ‘twilight sleep’ procedures.

https://www.maternityandmidwifery.co.uk/queen-elizabeths-royal-births-transforming-the-monarchy/

About Charles ….. apparently the Queen was in labour for about 30 hours and nothing was happening. A bit like the QM before her. So a c-section was decided upon.

‘Eventually Charles was born by a Caesarean section in a music room in Buckingham Palace which had been converted into a theatre. She was attended by Obstetricians Sir William Gilliatt and Sir John Peel, and also midwife Helen Rowe, who was thought to be present for all the births. Caesarean sections were also less common in the general public at that time; in the 1950s only around 3% were caesarean section. It would have been of some concern that the Queen required one. It is known Prince Philip was not present for this birth, playing squash with his private secretary until he received the news. It was usual for partners to not be present during labour and birth; it was not until 1960s that this became more accepted.’

30 hours of labour!???? Cheesus.

IIRC, Prince Philip was only present at Edward's birth.

Back
Top Bottom