Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Prince Frederik is at Wimbledon today in Centre Court watching the match between Anderson and Djokovic. I believe Frederik was also there yesterday for the match. No sign of Princess Mary who attended last year.

i-images.

Royals at Wimbledon

Kate and William were in the Royal Box today to watch Murray in the Mens' Quarter Finals.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wimbledon-2015-kate-middleton-takes-6025967
Kate looks totally immersed in the match. It's good to have a younger generation of genuine tennis fans amongst the British Royals. Kate & William seem to have made this part of their annual schedule.

Looking through the photos in the Daily Mail, Prince Albert was also at Wimbledon today. Plus Sophie, Zara and the Kents. Great to see such a good turnout of Royals in the box.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ay-Wimbledon-Zara-Mike-David-Beckham-too.html
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
The Duchess of Gloucester was also in the royal box.

This is from the Wimbledon website regarding the Royal Box. The highlighted area is mine:

The Royal Box has been used for the entertainment of friends and guests of Wimbledon since 1922. The Royal Box has 74 seats. They are dark green Lloyd Loom wicker chairs.

British and overseas Royal Families are invited as well as heads of government, people from the world of tennis, commercial partners, British armed forces, prominent media organisations, supporters of British tennis and other walks of life.

Invitations come from the Chairman of the All England Club, taking into account suggestions from members of The Championships’ Organising Committee, The Lawn Tennis Association and other relevant sources.

Guests are invited to the Clubhouse for lunch, tea and drinks at the end of the day.

Protocol - dress is smart, suits/jacket and tie, etc. Ladies are asked not to wear hats, as they tend to obscure the vision of those seated behind them.

Bowing/Curtseying on Centre Court

In 2003, in accordance with the wishes of HRH The Duke of Kent, the Club’s President, it was agreed that the time was right to discontinue the tradition of players bowing/curtseying to members of the Royal family on entering or leaving the Centre Court. The only exceptions will be for HM The Queen and HRH The Prince of Wales.

END

This is the link Royal Box - The Championships, Wimbledon 2015 - Official Site by IBM

So you cant get in there without an invite.
By the way, Tim Henman is on the Wimbledon committee.

Interesting, bowing to HM The Queen and HRH The Prince of Wales. But not to their spouses...

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark was also at Wimbledon with the Duchess of Cornwall, but no Princess Mary :(
http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/charle...d-at-wimbledon-by-denmarks-crown-prince-62026

It has been slim pickings for Royals so far. Hopefully things will pick up as we approach the later rounds.

Yes, it would be lovely to see them cheering on a Canadian Friday!! :D :D :D

The Duchess of Cambridge will be at Wimbledon tomorrow, watching Serena & Venus Williams in their semi-final matches on Centre Court.

I believe that Sophie Wessex is also present in the royal box today.

I can see Kate with William coming back for the men's finals on Sunday especially if it's Roger vs Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Sorry no photos :sad: but I've just seen the Duchess of Gloucester watching the Federer v Raonic match :)

ETA and Prince Andrew

Sophie at Wimbledon
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=1XN85PHeQWUYLM:
I don't recall seeing her at Wimbledon before . ( Just looked back through the thread and she attended in 2011/2015)

Kate reveals George has already started playing tennis
Prince George has already started playing tennis, Kate Middleton reveals at Wimbledon
I love the pic of Kate with Sophie in the above article.

Sophie is a tennis fan - isn't that how she met Edward the first pictures of them together i recall in the 90s are from a organised tennis game

Great to hear that George is starting to take up the sport. The next generation of royal watchers at Wimbledon.

Sophie is a tennis fan - isn't that how she met Edward the first pictures of them together i recall in the 90s are from a organised tennis game

Great to hear that George is starting to take up the sport. The next generation of royal watchers at Wimbledon.

They did meet at a Real Tennis (different to tennis slightly) charity event - the PR firm Sophie was working for at the time was organising it. She was asked to pose for a photo with him as Sue Barker couldn't attend. The rest, they say, is history!

Sorry no photos :sad: but I've just seen the Duchess of Gloucester watching the Federer v Raonic match :)

ETA and Prince Andrew

I think I also spotted Princess Michael and what looks like Lady Amelia Windsor. I also think I can see Viscount Linley in the far right hand side of the royal box.

Photo

Prince Andrew very nearly caught a tennis ball that was batted in by Federer by accident.

Last edited:
Prince Andrew very nearly caught a tennis ball that was batted in by Federer by accident.

Ah, that probably explains the erratic behaviour I saw when I briefly looked up from my computer :D

Looks like Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor in royal box today with the Duke of Kent

Last edited:
Duke of Kent, Duchess of Gloucester, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and William and Kate expected for mens final day

William and Catherine have just arrived.

Back
Top Bottom