Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I thought there would have been many more royals there today but just the Wales'; the Michael's and Lord and Lady Frederick.

I think there is a changing of the guard in the Royal box as well as on court. The Kent’s are up in years, there are plenty of opportunities during the fortnight for extended family to grab a seat. I thought the royal box on Ladies day was lovely with all the former lady champions.

It’s the same today. The Royal box is full of both men and women ex champions which is lovely.

The family don't seem to be in the royal box atm, maybe the children needed a break.

The match was 4 hours and 42 minutes - I would think everyone needed a break at some point :) .

Absolutely, a long game indeed. I love how Carlos Alcaraz noted he needed King Felipe to follow him around more given he won both games the King has attended so far.

The family don't seem to be in the royal box atm, maybe the children needed a break.

The children were there at the end of the match and for the presentation of the trophies. Charlotte seemed particularly enthused by everything going on .

Stunning game! Glad George and Charlotte were there. I loved Alcaraz's shout out to King Felipe.

Absolutely, a long game indeed. I love how Carlos Alcaraz noted he needed King Felipe to follow him around more given he won both games the King has attended so far.

Nice shout out to the King!

Everyone seemed to duck out at some point and everyone was back for set 5. It was a long match and even for a comfort break.

The only non tennis or royal people I saw in The box was Rachael Blackmore and partner, James Norton and partner and Daniel Craig and partner.

I understand Rachael’s invite and perhaps James for the current play but acraig surprised me.

I think Carlitos has got a couple of young royal fans - George and Charlotte both cheered very enthusiastically when he won!

The only non tennis or royal people I saw in The box was Rachael Blackmore and partner, James Norton and partner and Daniel Craig and partner.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12303899/Whos-Wimbledons-Royal-Box-mens-final-2023.html
A guide to who was in the Royal box yesterday.

The tv coverage showed many other personalities in the crowd such as Brad Pitt and Dame Maggie Smith. I was surprised to see Andy Murray wasn’t in the Royal box but in the crowd. He is a member of the club as a two-time champion and I’m sure could have sat there if he’d wanted to. It’s formal dress and he was in a sweatshirt, so perhaps he was playing an exhibition match later, or on this occasion didn’t want the formality .

Everyone seemed to duck out at some point and everyone was back for set 5. It was a long match and even for a comfort break.

I understand Rachael’s invite and perhaps James for the current play but acraig surprised me.

That would be Academy, BAFTA and Olivier Award-winning actress Rachel Weisz :cool:

I was surprised to see Andy Murray wasn’t in the Royal box but in the crowd. He is a member of the club as a two-time champion and I’m sure could have sat there if he’d wanted to. It’s formal dress and he was in a sweatshirt, so perhaps he was playing an exhibition match later, or on this occasion didn’t want the formality .

I believe it’s the club policy never to invite active players to the Royal Box.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12303899/Whos-Wimbledons-Royal-Box-mens-final-2023.html
A guide to who was in the Royal box yesterday.

The tv coverage showed many other personalities in the crowd such as Brad Pitt and Dame Maggie Smith. I was surprised to see Andy Murray wasn’t in the Royal box but in the crowd. He is a member of the club as a two-time champion and I’m sure could have sat there if he’d wanted to. It’s formal dress and he was in a sweatshirt, so perhaps he was playing an exhibition match later, or on this occasion didn’t want the formality .

Presence in the box is by invite only. You are written to and invited.

That would be Academy, BAFTA and Olivier Award-winning actress Rachel Weisz :cool:

I know. James Norton’s partner and Rachael’s are also very important and accomplished in this case. My suggestion was rather who got the invite.

Back
Top Bottom