Royals at Wimbledon 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Royals at Wimbledon

Just heard something on tv this morning which I will share about bowing and curtseying to the Royal Box. Although this tradition was done away with in 2005, it still applies if the Queen or the Prince of Wales is in attendance. That also got me thinking about when Charles last attended -I thought it was not too long ago with Camilla.

Just found a reference to 2012
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/3...ting-Wimbledon-for-the-first-time-in-42-years

Last edited:
I wonder if Meghan and Kate will appear at Wimbledon together this year?

I think I spotted the Duchess of Gloucester too.

Today, July 9, Lady Gabriella and husband Thomas were seen attending the Wimbledon Championships:

** rex gallery **

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall at Wimbledon today.

It’s great to see so many Royals becoming regulars at Wimbledon, particularly the relatively younger members. None of the Queen’s children, with the possible exception of Andrew, have shown themselves to be interested in tennis and now there’s a whole raft of them.

It’s great to see so many Royals becoming regulars at Wimbledon, particularly the relatively younger members. None of the Queen’s children, with the possible exception of Andrew, have shown themselves to be interested in tennis and now there’s a whole raft of them.

Yes its a pity Princess Charlene didn't accompany her husband but at least he had the Countess of Wessex for company.

Posts about the Duchess of Sussex's visit to Wimbledon have been removed, as moderators put a closure on that discussion when the Sussex General News thread was closed.

A thread closure is not an invitation to move the discussion elsewhere.

Great pictures, thank you. I love Zara's dress!
Camilla is a natural born people greeter.
The tennis has been riveting.
Carole Middleton looks well dressed and very impressed with the court action.

Here's a video of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall at Wimbledon today.

She is such a natural. She has such an ease in chatting to complete strangers and so to see with a light heart and an easy laugh.

Back
Top Bottom