Royals and Their Pets

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dutch Royals & their dogs...

APELDOORN - Portrait of Queen Beatrix with her dog Chip, at the castle 't Oude Loo in Apeldoorn.

TAVERNELLE - July 8th 2004, Willem-Alexander holds the dog Mac, one of the dogs of Queen Beatrix, during the summer holiday shoot in Tavernelle, Tuscany, Italy. He poses with Queen Beatrix and his wife Princess Maxima and their eldest daughter Princess Amalia.

THE HAGUE - Queen Beatrix holds her dog Dushi, who licks the lips of Prince Claus, on September 5th 1999, in the garden of Palace Huis ten Bosch in The Hague.

THE HAGUE - Queen Beatrix received on wednesday from Prime-Minister Ruud Lubbers (r) the National Gift as gift book. In the foreground Queen Beatrix' dog Miss Pepper on the tapistery of the Palace Noordeinde. Around the Queen members of the Dutch Royalty organisations.

THE HAGUE - Princess Beatrix as twelve year old girl, with her dog in her arms.

http://s2.supload.com/free/misspepper.jpg/view/
BAARN - Friday night a few members of the Dutch Royal Family departed for the Wintersport Holidays to Lech. Here Princess Beatrix withher new dog, photographed at the trainstation of Baarn.

bea2jx1.jpg

PORTO ERCOLE - Princess Juliana with her dog N'Zara, in July 1984 in Italy.

(source : UPPA)

Last edited:
Great pictures of the Dutch Royals! I like the picture of Beatrix, Claus and the dog! :lol:
Didn't Beatrix also have a Dalmatine called Boris in the 60's ? :rolleyes:

Gosh, I'm very glad I found this topic! I want to get my own dog in a few years time, so I was kind of interested which dogs live at the royal castles. Breeds, names everything!

ok, I know this thread is about dogs, but, at the risk of somebody chucking something at my head (hehehehe), I must ask, which, if any, of the royals have cats?

Actually, HM QEII loves corgis so much that she has actually "invented" or "created" a new breed of dogs, derived from her beloved corgis, which were bred with dachshunds. They are called dorgis. I also found on the UK Kennel club website, that HM also takes care of the dogs herself when she is at home-even preparing their food! (that made me smile-HM QEII mushing around dog food! Even funnier if you imagine her doing that in some of Granny's chips!!hehe)
Here is the article that I found- it's really interesting
https://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/kennelclub/patron.html

Last edited by a moderator:
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Do you know if Felipe and Letizia have any pets (except of the dog they received while visiting Belearic Islands)?
I know that when Felipe moved out in 2002 he took his dog Pushkin with him but i don't know if Pushkin still lives.

I think it is missing some pictures of Princess Mary of Denmark with Ziggy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary and Frederik's dog ziggy:

Ziggy in the official christmas card

Ziggy playing in the park

Ziggy at Lillepigen's presentation
:flowers:

I'm just curious if anyone knows if there are any Royal cat lovers out there. I know Princess Michael loves cats but it seems like the rest of the British Royal family loves dogs.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks. :flowers:

I know that Princess Michael of Kent is a cat lover and owns several beautiful ones.

Nice photo of Queen Sofia and a cat:
Queen Sofia caresses a cat as King Juan Carlos looks on during a tour of the old city of Havana Monday November 15, 1999
ANP Beeldbank

Very sweet photo, Lady Finn...thank you :flowers:

I think Prince Andrew likes cats. Or may be one particular cat. What's New *****cat?

I love cats and it´s great to look photos of royals with cats. Here are some photos:
Princess Michael of Kent with cats
Corbis
Corbis
Corbis
Princess Haya of Jordan and a cat
Corbis
Corbis
Corbis
Princess Margrethe (now Queen) holding a cat 1965
Corbis
Prince Laurent of Belgium with a cat
Corbis

It is so wonderful to see these photos. I am a cat lover myself, and it is nice to see royals with cats. I love dogs too, but it seems rare to see photos of royals with cats. I wish that I had some photos to post.

Last edited:
I don't think many royals, aside from Princess Michael, are admirers of cats. Then again, maybe it's easier to photograph royals with their dogs (and the cats stay home) so maybe my assumption is wrong.

I'd pity any cat who lived with Princess Anne or among the Queen's corgies.

Ancient Eygptian royals actually worshiped cats they saw cats as a symbol of power.
It would be nicer if we could see more royals with cats.I think not many royals are intersted in having cats I think they are more interested in having dogs.

Princess Grace with a kitten ( as posted previously by Kochie332 in the Late Princess Grace thread Part 5)

Grace

Queen Elizabeth II was given a siamese cat as a wedding present,(I wonder what happened to the poor thing?)

Queen Elizabeth II was given a siamese cat as a wedding present,(I wonder what happened to the poor thing?)

Eaten for breakfast by a corgi. :lol: (Just kidding, never heard of it.)

Thank you for all the postings. At least now I know which invitations for tea to refuse..............(i hate cats):ermm:

I think the queen proably gave the cat up for adoption to a shelter where someone
else can take of the cat.Even though I just heard of this news.

I would guess the Queen probably gave it to a friend who liked cats or who had children. But I don't know why anyone would do something so silly as to give a cat to a person who's never been fond of them (or so it seems since I don't know her!).

We just know that the queen is not too fond of cats.And I hope that the cat had or has a nice home.Being I am a cat lover myself I grew up around cats.

I'm assuming the kitten born in 1947 has passed on to its just reward, otherwise it would be huge news!

But, really, how do we know the Queen isn't fond of cats? All we really know is that she adores horses and dogs. I've never heard of anyone commenting on her position on cats.

In my previous post I wrote had or has a home being I did not know when this cat was born.I have never seen the queen with a cat everytime I see her with a pet it is usually a dog or a horse.Mayabe she does like cats but prefers dogs or horses
more.

Okay all you folks who thought the Queen doesn't like cats read this!

Queen Elizabeth sends greeting card to cat

The only information I can find about the Queen receiving a Siamese for a wedding gift is here - scroll down to heading Siamese in Europe (Also some indication that previous British monarchs have liked cats)

Siamese as wedding gift

Back
Top Bottom