Royals and Their Pets

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cavapoo? Such a breed exist?
Sweet little one! He is probably only nine weeks old, isn't he?
They took himdirectly from his mother?

:previous:

It is a mix dog breed of a Poodle and a Cavalier King Charles spaniel.

Hi, this is just about a little observation I've made but why aren't there any royals with pet cats? It's just that I'm a cat person and I'd just like to know why is it that any time I see a royal with a pet it's always a dog. Are cats just not popular or something? Why aren't there any cats?

-Frozen Royalist

Isn't it supposedly because cats will sharpen their claws and damage priceless and irreplaceable royal tapestries, furniture and the like - not to mention their habit of jumping high up on things which could cause breakages of china etc.

Isn't it supposedly because cats will sharpen their claws and damage priceless and irreplaceable royal tapestries, furniture and the like - not to mention their habit of jumping high up on things which could cause breakages of china etc.

Or as Winston chuchill said, a cat looks down on you....

Last edited by a moderator:
All three of them are cute.

That was the best part of the photo imho; the little dog to the side - as a really nice 'afterthought'.

I think it is due to the fact that most of the BRF are allergic to cats. Edward adopted a kitten from the stables at Gatcombe, but he has to stay at Gatcombe and be looked over by Anne as the Queen refused to allow the cat into Windsor or BP. Edward referred to the cat as his Anti-Charles Device. He later adopted a mouser at Windsor that appeared to like the castle more then moussing. The Duke of Edinburgh would refer to the pet as a 'ferret', and noted that it took a liking to tormenting the Queen and QM corgis. The same cat took to using Charles' zen garden as a large little tray.
Needless to say - I think they dont keep cats as cats can be uncontrolable.

Last edited:
well there's a lot of difference between not keeping cats because you dont like them for some reason.. or because you are allergic. If its the latter, its not a choice.

I think it is due to the fact that most of the BRF are allergic to cats. Edward adopted a kitten from the stables at Gatcombe, but he has to stay at Gatcombe and be looked over by Anne as the Queen refused to allow the cat into Windsor or BP. Edward referred to the cat as his Anti-Charles Device. He later adopted a mouser at Windsor that appeared to like the castle more then moussing. The Duke of Edinburgh would refer to the pet as a 'ferret', and noted that it took a liking to tormenting the Queen and QM corgis. The same cat took to using Charles' zen garden as a large little tray.
Needless to say - I think they dont keep cats as cats can be uncontrolable.

Reading this, I had to giggle remembering "Dogs think they're humans. Cats *know* they're gods."

The Royal Collection Trust has released an image of royal pets on board of HMY Victoria and Albert. Princess Victoria of Wales's terrier, Mac and Queen Alexandra's siamese cat were staring at each other.
@royalcollectiontrust Verified
What do you think these royal pets are saying to each other? Leave your best caption in the comments! The photo was taken on board HMY Victoria and Albert shows Princess Victoria of Wales's terrier Mac and Queen Alexandra's cat staring at each other.

#cat #dog #terrier #siamesecat #caption #captionthis #captioncompetition #catsofinstagram #dogsofinsta #catanddog
15h​
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWELGWrF1bA/

:previous: Oh my, the confused look on that wee dog's face cracked me up. It looks like he thought "they're nuts, they bring me out here for a walk and they start bopping . . . I'm out of here before they knock me in that very cold water right behind me".

Crown princess Victoria took Rio today with her to her visit to Garphyttan National Park in Örebro County. Photos by Keith Rönnberg and Pelle T Nilsson/SPA.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Crown princess Victoria and Rio visiting Garphyttan National Park.

Back
Top Bottom