The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2019, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The divorce papers showed that members of the Lux family still benefit from the family trust - it was this that owned and still owns the family home Louis & Tessy lived in and that Tessy will continue to live in. This was the trust maintains the family's lifestyle without letting too much capital out of the trust itself.
Yes, the Administration des Biens de S.A.R. le Grand-Duc ("Administration d'immeubles et autres biens immobiliers") in Luxembourg owns the family house of Louis and Tessy and will provide a house for Tessy and the two sons in the London area.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

According to unofficial sources, most of Europe's monarchs are well placed on international rich lists: Luxembourg's ducal family has approximately 5 billion euros, mainly invested in property. And Dutch royals lead by Queen Beatrix, who used to own 25% of Royal Dutch/Shell, are not strapped for cash either. King Harald V of Norway, who is related to the British Royal family and the proprieter of numerous properties in the UK, had the good luck to be blessed with an enormous inheritance.
https://voxeurop.eu/en/content/artic...heir-jewellery

Old 07-25-2019, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

As I already argued in this thread, the assumed wealth of the grand-ducal family is completely sucked out of a big fat thumb.

The Court has now officially denounced the stories popping up these days as pure fantasy. The assumed fortune is just a small percentage: https://www.facebook.com/13215969683...0888277963078/

A simple deduction of this "young" dynasty which became reiging in Luxembourg in 1880 and the very fruitful expansion of the family already would bring any with a clear calculating mind to the same conclusion.

See post 429 in this thread.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the thread about the Luxembourg succession, it was asked if a reigning grand duchess of Luxembourg would be able to inherit the family fortune (the answer is yes). I have the same question in regard to the other monarchies which have recently amended their succession laws to be gender-blind.

Have they also arranged for their family fortunes to be left to the oldest child regardless of gender, or is there a chance that Count Claus-Casimir in the Netherlands, Prince Sverre Magnus in Norway, Prince Gabriel of Belgium, or Prince Carl Philip of Sweden could inherit properties or funds which until now have been owned by the monarch?
Old 11-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
In the thread about the Luxembourg succession, it was asked if a reigning grand duchess of Luxembourg would be able to inherit the family fortune (the answer is yes). I have the same question in regard to the other monarchies which have recently amended their succession laws to be gender-blind.

Have they also arranged for their family fortunes to be left to the oldest child regardless of gender, or is there a chance that Count Claus-Casimir in the Netherlands, Prince Sverre Magnus in Norway, Prince Gabriel of Belgium, or Prince Carl Philip of Sweden could inherit properties or funds which until now have been owned by the monarch?
If you look into the Galliera collection, which although it's known as both a collection and foundation is a fideikomiss among the descendants of Queen Josefina, you'll find that the Swedish Government had its statues changed in 2013 so that the fideikomiss from now on will follow the monarch regardless of sex instead of as previously the oldest son. Prince Carl Philip approved the change and Crown Princess Victoria declared that she was willing to take on the responsibility of the fideikomiss. The Galliera collection contains many of the most important pieces of art in the Royal palace and big financial assets that to my knowledge is mostly invested in stocks. The Royal family have at least three other family foundations that, according to the Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll, in practice are more fideikomiss than foundations in nature but I haven't read anything about them having had their statues changed so I guess that these already allow for them to follow the monarch and not the oldest son.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

I will let the experts on the aforementioned countries answer that , but, without s deep knowledge of the subject, my understanding is that the King’s property is either privately held , or held in a public or a family trust.

If it is private property, then , in continental European countries. It most likely has to be divided equally between his children unless he transfers it in life to the Criown Princess and, even in the latter scenario, I am not sure if the law doesn’t require that the other heirs be compensated accordingly ( again, the experts here might be able to clarify it).

If on the the other hand the assets are held in trust, the trustee most likely is the holder of the Crown according to the laws of succession, so there is no possibility of the Crown Princess, when she is Queen, being by-passed by her brother.