Royals & Nobles and Wealth, Costs and Finances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I too heard that exact same thing. The Liechtenstein Royals pay for themselves. They don't do extravagant spending like other royals at the tax payers expense. The monarchy there is actually very good for that country because it doesn't cost the tax payer a dime. And it brings in money into the country, so the royals give way more than what they receive. That is the one thing that I admire about that country!

Well....

as a german and europinian i guess my opinion is total different.

To me Liechtenstein with the royal family is a very sad joke. Though the complete topic is very political. So I won't tell you my true opinion about this state and family!

We the europeans and not only the europeans have to pay for there life style. The royal family of Liechtenstein is incredibly rich. Why? Because Liechtenstein is a tax haven and nothing else. We the member of other countries have to pay for this! So the royal family participate of this fact and doesn't need any other money to support them. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Liechtenstein royal family wish to be seen as modest or not.

In Spain, king Juan Carlos has asked the government not to increase the budget of the Royal House next year. The country is in a deep economical crisis and the King wants austerity for the royal budget. The vice prime minister has confirmed this royal petition. According to this, the Royal House will receive the same amount of money as this year: 8,86 million €.
ABC - El Rey pide al Gobierno austeridad en el presupuesto de la Casa Real

Day to Day Life and Money

Apologies if something like this has been posted before.

How do the royals handle day to day life and money? I mean do Prince William or Prince Felipe have credit cards to charge meals out or clothes ordered from LL Bean or wherever? Do they review each credit card bill and balance the checkbook? If they subscribe to a magazine, for instance Majesty, does each month's issue simply come to the palace addressed to them? I doubt they do their own shopping, but I assume that each makes known his prefernce for various things, such as one brand of toothpaste over another? I would also think that the younger royals are more hands on than the older royals?

What about non-reigning royals? I suppose they do most everything for themselves?

I know Prince Frederik and Princess Mary have their own credit cards in their names HRH Prince Frederik and HRH Princess Mary.
On holidays I have seen the pair shopping for food and clothes, i assume they shop for clothes themselves at home.

I also think that most royals have money and credit cards of their own, Prince William was once shopping when he was in University I think.
Magazines or any other subscriptions are probably sent to the place that specific royal is living in at the moment. William is living with his brother atm, or at his barracks. Other royals say Queen Margrethe or Queen Elizabeth will have them sent to their respective palaces. :flowers:

I think they or there staff take care of their personal accounts for them :)

:previous:Thank you LadyFinn for information on King JC budget request. Be wonderful if all the world leaders would follow suit in these hard times. I give him and the Spanish Royals a large hand for their thoughtfulness to their countrymen. :flowers:

:previous: the Belgian royal family also refused the increase on their funds this year. The King also decided to help pay for a part of the renovation costs of the Royal Palace in Brussels, to alleviate the burden for the Federal govenrment.

My country is going through crisis, which sometimes makes me wonder about the need of it. And it's horrible becuase I like our King and Queen, but sometimes the needs of the population and coutnry are more important than theirs.
Anyway, The Infantas (not sure about Felipe) are paid 400,000 euros...

I think most reigning royal families are tad bit jealous over the fact that the Grimaldis pays no tax and wish it was them in that situation. Its not like the normal work horse that has to pay taxes-- the royals pay in the thousands of dollars per year on their income! I just veiwed a documentary call the " THE MONARCHY" it is stated that the Windsors is obessed over finances

I do not think any of the royal families has anymore, the old ways of a court life with
grand balls and presentations etc.
I know the Norwegians are very democratic but do they bring out any gilded carriages to open Parliament like for example the BRF or DRF have??

I'd say the British Royal Family mainly because they seem to get the most attention worldwide when it comes to ceremony and weddings.

I would have to say the British Royal Family or the UAE royal families. :flowers:

British Royal family-the most famous and richest family in the world!

:previous:

If you count Crown estates, Crown jewels (including their historical value), properties and everything the Monarchy owns, they’d probably be the richest. ;)
In terms of personal fortune, British Royal Family is not even in the Top 5.

The richest Royal Families are those of Brunei, Saudi Arabia, Dubai and UAE (Abu Dhabi). King Bhumibol of Thailand was I think last years richest Royal (although when it comes to Royal Families, not individual Royals, Saudi Arabia, Brunei, Dubai and UAE still beat Thailand).
In Europe, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg's Families are also richer than the British one. In terms of individuals, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands is ‘worth’ more than Queen Elizabeth as well.

Last edited:
BZ.de is reporting that there will be no salary increase for King Juan Carlos, because of the financial and economic crisis:

Google Übersetzer

ok,it's probably possible,but they are the most famous,aren't they?

I think most reigning royal families are tad bit jealous over the fact that the Grimaldis pays no tax and wish it was them in that situation. Its not like the normal work horse that has to pay taxes-- the royals pay in the thousands of dollars per year on their income! I just veiwed a documentary call the " THE MONARCHY" it is stated that the Windsors is obessed over finances

The Queen and The Prince of Wales VOLUNTEERED to pay taxes. They did not have to do anything. The late Queen Mum paid no taxes either. Although you are right other junior royals in that family have to pay taxes.

And in most countries in the constitution the monarch (King and Queen) are never required to pay taxes. Only other members of their families. So I don't think the monarchs are jealous. But some of the other members of the family may be angry they have to pay taxes. But that's life. Move out of the country if you don't like it.

I'm not sure, but I guess the Dutch Royal Family or the Liechtenstein Princely Family...

^ what about the Luxembourg family? isn't their personal family fortune in the billions?

does anyone have the list of the richest european royals?

Royal expenditure

I tried to find a thread relating to this but I had no luck. I was wondering if any had a list of expenditure for each of the monarchies in Europe? For comparison I mean.

does anyone have the list of the richest european royals?

No there is no list. But the Luxembourg royals, Monegasque (Monaco) royals, and the Liechtenstein royals are said to be some of the richest. Worth billions! So it is between the three. The British royal family are poor compared to those families I have just named. The richest royal families however are all outside of Europe. When European royalty became constitutional monarchs they lost some of that great wealth. Although, they're all still considered to be wealthy compared to you and I. LOL

I'm not sure of it, but it seems to me that Forbes has also a list of the richest royals.
Among the European royals, the richest are indeed Liechtenstein (about 3.2 billion Euros), Monaco and Lucxembourg.

I didn't know the Dutch RF is the owner of Shell.
Wikipedia reports 200 million dollars as the net worth of this House; is it possible that this datum is incorrect? I ask because some time ago I read somewhere (but I can't recall where exactly) that the wealth of the Dutch RF is about 4.5 billion dollars; can someone help me to clarify?

I've always thought that the Saudi family is the richest of the royals... I forgot about the royals of Brunei & Thailand

People think the Brits are the richest Common mistake They're wealthy The Asian Monarchies are wealthier

Back
Top Bottom