Royals & Musical Instruments

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shikha Pal

Courtier
City
Hyderabad
Country
India
I am keen to know that which Royals plays a musical Instrument.

I know that these Royals can play music.

Princess Beatrice of York plays the Piano.
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg plays the Violin.
Prince Felix of Luxembourg plays the Cello.
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa plays the Guitar.

I will post Pictures of them with the Instruments soon.

Happy Posting
Shikha Pal

Prince Henrik of Denmark - piano

Princess Irene of Greece - piano

Princess Caroline of Monaco-piano and flute

Princess Grace of Monaco-guitar

King Bhumibol of Thailand is an accomplished jazz musician and plays the saxophone.

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother played the piano

Andrea Casiraghi - Violin ( at least when he was a child )

Prince Charles plays the cello and is known to be the musically gifted on in his family.

Princess Stephanie Of Monaco can play the Drums

I heard Charlotte Casiraghi plays the piano, but I don't know if that's true.

And Pierre plays the saxophone.

Princess Diana i think could play the piano - did she not play once during an engagement in hungary (?)

Exactly. He is an accomplished jazz musician & composer with his own band and used to play with the Greats of Jazz, such as Goodman or Hampton. It's more than a hobby so many people call him the "Jazz King"
http://www.hasekamp.net/music1.jpg

more of king bhumibol adulyadej on this page in which there is a picture of the king & his cp maha vajiralongkorn performing a saxophone duet:
THE JAZZY KING

:previous: Thanks for the picture Lady Claire. I remember seeing a picture of Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium playing the piano with Elisabeth and Gabriel, But i cant remember where i saw it, as soon as i see it i will post it.

I am keen to know that which Royals plays a musical Instrument.

I know that these Royals can play music.

Princess Beatrice of York plays the Piano.
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg plays the Violin.
Prince Felix of Luxembourg plays the Cello.
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa plays the Guitar.

I will post Pictures of them with the Instruments soon.

Happy Posting
Shikha Pal

Guillaume plays the guitar too and he sings ;)
I'm curious how he looks when he do this...

Prince Charles plays the cello and is known to be the musically gifted on in his family.

yes you are quite right.......i seem to remember prince charles playing the cello in a scene from "the royal family" film (1969) when a string snapped and hit prince edward !!

Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan plays a viola.

The princesses Amalia and Alexia of the Netherlands take violin lessons and Pieter van Vollenhoven plays the piano. He used to sing in a band as well.

I don't know more Dutch royals playing a musical instrument, but I do know Queen Beatrix and her sisters Margriet and Christina enjoy singing. Christina is a classically trained singer and she performed at several royal events. In the 80's, Beatrix and Margriet actually recorded a song together with their husbands.
YouTube - Beatrix Claus Pieter en Margriet Beatbiet melodie

Princess Martha-Louise of Norway sings. There's at least 1 youtube clip I've seen her singing. Also, didn't the Norwegian crown princely couple sing at CP Victoria's wedding a couple of weeks ago.

Has any royal ever played in an orchestra, a rock band or performed at a charity concert? Or what about making an album. Has any royalty ever won an music award for their performances or music? What about singing their national athem at a sporting event or other event?

Queen Elisabeth of Belgium (the grandmother of the present King Albert II) played the violin; her teachers were the famous Belgian violinist and her friend Eugène Ysaÿe, and Ysaÿe's wife after his death in 1931.

Princess Märtha Louise playing piano when she was younger. I don't know if she still does.

Last edited:
Has any royal ever played in an orchestra, a rock band or performed at a charity concert? Or what about making an album. Has any royalty ever won an music award for their performances or music? What about singing their national athem at a sporting event or other event?

I think Crown Prince Naruhito has played in an orchestra.

Back
Top Bottom