Royals and Employment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a question regarding the jobs the royals choose: Why are economy, business etc. preferred over "scientific" occupations? any idea?
Thanks

Princess Alix of Ligne is an engeneer. Her Highness is currently working in Rio de Janeiro.

What kind of engineer?

As far as I know she works in the world of jewellery. She has also been doing some fashion design together with a cousin of her's in the past few months.

What kind of engineer?

As far as I know she works in the world of jewellery. She has also been doing some fashion design together with a cousin of her's in the past few months.

I don't know which kind.

Alix de Ligne is back in Paris. She's still working on the creation of a new jewellery brand.

Neither Beatrice, Eugenie are working, and Peter Phillips isn't either --- at least not as an investment banker. He may be working with Anne's horses.

Alix de Ligne is back in Paris. She's still working on the creation of a new jewellery brand.

Neither Beatrice, Eugenie are working, and Peter Phillips isn't either --- at least not as an investment banker. He may be working with Anne's horses.

Unless something has changed in the past couple of months, Peter Philips is working as a managing director at SEL UK (which handles event management and promotion).

Thank you to all who supplied the names of those royals who are currently working or are now retired. I believe that members of the Lichtenstein royal family are involved in the banking industry.

Quite honestly i believe that we will see more of the younger generations of royals working as they reach adulthood with the exception of the heirs to the throne. While the armed forces are still a primary career choice for many royals I hope it will be possible for more of them to move into different fields.

Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein is currently chief executive officer of Liechtenstein Global Trust
Prince Nicklaus of Liechtenstein is the ambassador to Holy See
Princes Philip Erasmus of Liechtenstein is the president of LGT Group in Liechtenstein
Princess Marie Esmeralda of Belgium is a journalist, however I don't thinks she receives any dotations
Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg has been the president of red cross for Luxembourg Youth since 1970
Prince Jean of Luxembourg is also active in water Industry and some business schools and financial institutes
Princes Guillaume of luxembourg is a director at ArcelorMittal

ThE list continues but what is obvious is that nowadays most of the royals who do not have a high chance of assuming a throne or a lot of official duties are working.
And they are mostly active in business and financial companies and institutes.

Last edited:
Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein is currently chief executive officer of Liechtenstein Global Trust
Prince Nicklaus of Liechtenstein is the ambassador to Holy See
Princes Philip Erasmus of Liechtenstein is the president of LGT Group in Liechtenstein

Everyone in the Liechtenstein family, except for the reigning prince and his wife as well as the heir and his wife, have regular jobs. Most male members of the family are involved in the world of finance, only two of them for the bank owned by the family, are running agricultural estates or are something along these lines.

A similiar thing can be said for the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg. The children of the current Grand Duke except for the Hereditary Grand Duke will be expected to make their own living in the future, just like their uncles and father's cousins do.

Everyone in the Liechtenstein family, except for the reigning prince and his wife as well as the heir and his wife, have regular jobs. Most male members of the family are involved in the world of finance, only two of them for the bank owned by the family, are running agricultural estates or are something along these lines.

A similiar thing can be said for the Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg. The children of the current Grand Duke except for the Hereditary Grand Duke will be expected to make their own living in the future, just like their uncles and father's cousins do.

Yes yes, you are right I just wanted to name a few royals with jobs to say that they are not all living with tax money.
Apart from Luxembourgish and Liechtensteiner royals I think that many of the Belgian royals new generation are currently working or will work in the future when they graduate even the three youngest children of Crown Prince Philippe.
With Europe's current financial crises and the continuing debate over costs of royals and the reduction of their dotations, I think all royals in future would have to find jobs, except for kings and queens and crown princes and crown princesses.

Peter Phillips is one of the managers of the upcoming GCT showjumping event next week in London.

Peter PHillips works for SEL - quote from Telegraph article:

"Mr Phillips, who left his job with Royal Bank of Scotland last year to set up the UK arm of SEL, an Australian-based sports and entertainment agency" (20th March 2013)

According to the DoY website, Beatrice is working full time for a venture capital company and Eugenie has been doing intern work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom