Royals & Celebrities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked the picture of the three princesses with Elvis

Here is Neil Armstrong sitting between King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia (then Prince and Princess) at the launch of Apollo 14 in 1971.

Lovely video :flowers:. I didn't catch Robert Hardy, but it was certainly lovely to see Diana when she just started her royal life.

Lovely video :flowers:. I didn't catch Robert Hardy, but it was certainly lovely to see Diana when she just started her royal life.
He's in the group of people going up for the gangplank for dinner on the ship....;):D
( around 1: 02- 1:03 or so)
At least I think that's him.....:ermm:

Last edited:
I would say so.....

These are delightful. Thank you for sharing. Mr. Hardy seems to be a huge hit with the older generation of royals.
Oh, I have read that the Queen/Queen Mum love/loved RH in ACGAS. ( All Creatures Great and Small.)

Here are some Royal events he has participated in:
  • H.M. Queen Mother 90th birthday celebration
  • H.M. Q.M 100th birthday celebration
  • H.M. QEII Golden Jubilee- All the Queen's Horses Pageant- with 1000+horses, how did they get Mr. Hardy to go home?:D:lol: ( @ Daria- I know a certain vet, that would have to have been dragged out-;):ROFLMAO:)
  • H.M. QEII 80th birthday tribute
  • 50th &60th anniversary of VE Day celebrations.
  • Several stage performances/ Royal Film Premires
I have read that in the last years of her life, there was nothing the Q.M. liked better than to watch RH, and that after she died, The Queen made sure to let RH know this. ( Don't know how true any of this is- but have read it.)
I also remember reading several news articles from the end of the Q.M. life- apparently The Q.M. was at a reception, when she started to feel quite unsteady on her legs. Worried that she might fall, she asked to lean on RH arm, he was also a guest, to help her walk back to her wheelchair. Of course, he said yes. The next day the tabloids were full of " RH Breaks Protocol" One wonders what they expected him to do- let the former Queen of England fall over?:ermm:
I read that the Queen and Queen Mother both wrote him nice thank- you letters.:flowers:
@ Daria- Wasn't it interesting in the one article when RH said he gets nervous. I mean he's a famous actor. Found that reassuring.

Last edited:
Oh, I have read that the Queen/Queen Mum love/loved RH in ACGAS. ( All Creatures Great and Small.)

Here are some Royal events he has participated in:
  • H.M. Queen Mother 90th birthday celebration
  • H.M. Q.M 100th birthday celebration
  • H.M. QEII Golden Jubilee- All the Queen's Horses Pageant- with 1000+horses, how did they get Mr. Hardy to go home?:D:lol: ( @ Daria- I know a certain vet, that would have to have been dragged out-;):ROFLMAO:)
  • H.M. QEII 80th birthday tribute
  • 50th &60th anniversary of VE Day celebrations.
  • Several stage performances/ Royal Film Premires
I have read that in the last years of her life, there was nothing the Q.M. liked better than to watch RH, and that after she died, The Queen made sure to let RH know this. ( Don't know how true any of this is- but have read it.)
I also remember reading several news articles from the end of the Q.M. life- apparently The Q.M. was at a reception, when she started to feel quite unsteady on her legs. Worried that she might fall, she asked to lean on RH arm, he was also a guest, to help her walk back to her wheelchair. Of course, he said yes. The next day the tabloids were full of " RH Breaks Protocol" One wonders what they expected him to do- let the former Queen of England fall over?:ermm:
I read that the Queen and Queen Mother both wrote him nice thank- you letters.:flowers:
@ Daria- Wasn't it interesting in the one article when RH said he gets nervous. I mean he's a famous actor. Found that reassuring.

It would seem that Her Majesty and Her Majesty the Queen Mother had/have a great taste in television :D. I can definitely believe how the Queen Mother would have wanted to watch some of Mr. Hardy's works when she wasn't feeling well or needed a break. He is definitely delightful to watch (especially in the role of Siegfried Farnon). As we know, the tabloids like to put out part of the story, or spin it in such a fashion that will get people to go :eek:, and not pay attention to the bigger picture. I think any human being with a heart would have done what Mr. Hardy did, because it would have been extremely cold-hearted to just let an elderly person fall and get injured. Protocol is important, but in some instances it's perfectly acceptable to let it slide for a few seconds. Her Majesty and Her Majesty the Queen Mother were very kind to write Mr. Hardy 'thank you' notes. I'm sure he was very touched. I don't think people understand how much one little bit of kindness can touch another human being. I bet he didn't think twice about helping the Queen Mother, but was most likely pleasantly surprised to receive a note, thanking him for what he probably considered to be something ordinary. I can only imagine Mr. Hardy working the pageant for the Golden Jubilee. He was probably in seventh heaven, and I won't be surprised if he channeled his inner Mr. Farnon :D. I too wonder how many people it took to get him to go home for the night :lol:.

It would seem that Her Majesty and Her Majesty the Queen Mother had/have a great taste in television :D. I can definitely believe how the Queen Mother would have wanted to watch some of Mr. Hardy's works when she wasn't feeling well or needed a break. He is definitely delightful to watch (especially in the role of Siegfried Farnon). As we know, the tabloids like to put out part of the story, or spin it in such a fashion that will get people to go :eek:, and not pay attention to the bigger picture. I think any human being with a heart would have done what Mr. Hardy did, because it would have been extremely cold-hearted to just let an elderly person fall and get injured. Protocol is important, but in some instances it's perfectly acceptable to let it slide for a few seconds.*1 Her Majesty and Her Majesty the Queen Mother were very kind to write Mr. Hardy 'thank you' notes. I'm sure he was very touched. I don't think people understand how much one little bit of kindness can touch another human being. I bet he didn't think twice about helping the Queen Mother, but was most likely pleasantly surprised to receive a note, thanking him for what he probably considered to be something ordinary. I can only imagine Mr. Hardy working the pageant for the Golden Jubilee. He was probably in seventh heaven, and I won't be surprised if he channeled his inner Mr. Farnon :D.*2 I too wonder how many people it took to get him to go home for the night :lol:. *3
*1- Exactly! And since H.M. The Queen has no problem with RH sitting on the floor of B.P. playing with special needs kids, technically a breach of protocol, do you think she's really going to have an issue, with RH. keeping her mother from falling to the floor?
*2- Love it!:ROFLMAO: Oh my gosh, can you imagine Siegfried at this thing?:D
*3- Good thing it was several days- he knew he got to come back tommorow - although I did read a report saying he spent evey night in the stable- don't know how true that is... but it is RH.;)

Have to add a few more Royal events RH has attended:
  • Garden parties for people in nursing homes, and handicapped children.
  • Palace receptions for same. ( hence getting down and playing with kids on B.P. floor, in front of H.M.;))
That leads me to say that the older members of the BRF have very good RH taste!:D

:previous: I would love to see Mr. Hardy on the floor of Buckingham Palace, playing with little ones with special needs, as Her Majesty is hosting some sort of event. Since you've mentioned this happening several times, I don't think anyone bats an eyelash anymore. I think Her Majesty is a reasonable enough person, and understands when it's worth reprimanding someone for breaching the protocol, and when it's better to just let things go. I'd be a little upset if she got irritated with a child that had Autism for lashing out because he/she was over-stimulated but didn't have the words, but I would completely agree with her if she were to say something to a person that was getting a little too familiar for no reason whatsoever (and by that I mean that the person was being touchy-feely, or speaking in disrespectful manner).

:previous: I would love to see Mr. Hardy on the floor of Buckingham Palace, playing with little ones with special needs, as Her Majesty is hosting some sort of event*1. Since you've mentioned this happening several times, I don't think anyone bats an eyelash anymore*2. I think Her Majesty is a reasonable enough person, and understands when it's worth reprimanding someone for breaching the protocol, and when it's better to just let things go. I'd be a little upset if she got irritated with a child that had Autism for lashing out because he/she was over-stimulated but didn't have the words,*3 but I would completely agree with her if she were to say something to a person that was getting a little too familiar for no reason whatsoever (and by that I mean that the person was being touchy-feely, or speaking in disrespectful manner)*4.
@ Daria- Didn't you find it interesting in the above article that RH says, he gets nervous when he speaks? I mean he is a famous actor- I find that somewhat reassuring. Of course anybody who had to speak in front of The Queen, and Queen Mother would be nervous too.
*1- You and me both!:D
*2- They don't- I think they'd bat an eyelash if it were otherwise- not even Prince Phillip cares! And if someone dare bat an eyelash- H.M. gives them a stern look. RH does not care- just keeps right on going.
*3- I saw her handle this exact situation on a You Tube video. She just sent the little boy over to sit on RH's lap, and have lunch! Problem solved!;):D
*4- Agreed! That is where a bodyguard can come in handy too.....;)

@ Daria- Didn't you find it interesting in the above article that RH says, he gets nervous when he speaks? I mean he is a famous actor- I find that somewhat reassuring. Of course anybody who had to speak in front of The Queen, and Queen Mother would be nervous too.
*1- You and me both!:D
*2- They don't- I think they'd bat an eyelash if it were otherwise- not even Prince Phillip cares! And if someone dare bat an eyelash- H.M. gives them a stern look. RH does not care- just keeps right on going.
*3- I saw her handle this exact situation on a You Tube video. She just sent the little boy over to sit on RH's lap, and have lunch! Problem solved!;):D
*4- Agreed! That is where a bodyguard can come in handy too.....;)

I would be nervous if I had to speak in front of an audience, royalty, or not, so I can undetstand Mr. Hardy. Speaking in front of a live audience is different than speaking in front of a camera, because with the latter you have a chance of a re-do (unless you're going live). I'm glad Her Majesty and His Highness are so understanding, and make sure that everyone is comfortable and happy. Says a great deal about them as people, and I love that the Queen knew where the distressed little one needed to be. I'd love to see the video of that incident.

I would be nervous if I had to speak in front of an audience, royalty, or not, so I can undetstand Mr. Hardy. Speaking in front of a live audience is different than speaking in front of a camera, because with the latter you have a chance of a re-do (unless you're going live). I'm glad Her Majesty and His Highness are so understanding, and make sure that everyone is comfortable and happy. Says a great deal about them as people, and I love that the Queen knew where the distressed little one needed to be.*1 I'd love to see the video of that incident.*2
*1-Same here! Especially the 2nd part!:cool:
*2- I will see if I can find it again..... not sure if I can though!:ermm:

*1-Same here! Especially the 2nd part!:cool:
*2- I will see if I can find it again..... not sure if I can though!:ermm:

It's OK if you can't find it. I understand. I do appreciate your help though.

Back
Top Bottom