Royals Against Hunting

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed a petition asking Prince Harry to give up hunting. The petition mentioned that he failed to go on the Boxing Day shoot at Sandringham because Meghan asked him not to go. I love this girl more and more!

It's funny how everybody thinks Meghan has to do a lot of adapting and compromising now she has decided to marry her Prince. However it is not as one-sided as people might imagine. She has already, so it's said, got her fiancé to quit smoking, now it looks as though hunting has stopped too.

I really hope it is true. There are plenty of fun outdoor activities that the royal men can partake in besides hunting. Polo, skiing (no need to go abroad, the UK does have one ski resort at Aviemore in Scotland, not that they cannot afford going to Switzerland etc), golf, surfing, which William and Harry like to do.

If they really like to shoot there's target shooting, clay-pigeon shooting and even paintballing.

Princess Diana didn't like hunting, so it would be great for Harry to honour her memory by giving it up too.

I am sorry but who said Harry gave up hunting? A tabloid with no source :ermm:

Harry missed a boxing day shoot, which is nothing new. Many royals miss events like that. Harry was boar hunting in Germany only weeks before, with a German prince friend of his. Meghan had no issue with that.

While I am not a fan at all of hunting, I only protest when it is 'game hunting' as in for trophies. If the food being hunted is actually being consumed, either by them or sold which it is, there is a huge difference. Or if they were using inhumane ways of hunting (fox) or they are killing endangered species.

I am sorry but who said Harry gave up hunting? A tabloid with no source :ermm:

Harry missed a boxing day shoot, which is nothing new. Many royals miss events like that. Harry was boar hunting in Germany only weeks before, with a German prince friend of his. Meghan had no issue with that.

While I am not a fan at all of hunting, I only protest when it is 'game hunting' as in for trophies. If the food being hunted is actually being consumed, either by them or sold which it is, there is a huge difference. Or if they were using inhumane ways of hunting (fox) or they are killing endangered species.

The tabloids had nothing to do with it. It was a petition on a petition website. Do you think the birds shot at Sandringham are just an overpopulation of birds? No, they are bred specifically to be blasted out of the sky, shot, and if not cleanly killed, like many, may be lucky enough to be found and have their necks wrung. Otherwise they die slowly in agony. They are not all eaten. Of course the hunters would have you believe this. In fact so many are killed that they cannot give them away. Many are simply buried.

I like our royal family but their love of blood lust makes me deeply ashamed of them. I hope it is a true story, but if not, shame on Harry. It's perverse that he campaigns for some species to be conserved, while blasting hundreds of others to death. Who decides which species are 'worthy' and which not? Overpopulation? Humans are the biggest destroyers of the environment on the planet and nobody suggests we blast humans to death by the thousands!

The tabloids had nothing to do with it. It was a petition on a petition website. Do you think the birds shot at Sandringham are just an overpopulation of birds? No, they are bred specifically to be blasted out of the sky, shot, and if not cleanly killed, like many, may be lucky enough to be found and have their necks wrung. Otherwise they die slowly in agony. They are not all eaten. Of course the hunters would have you believe this. In fact so many are killed that they cannot give them away. Many are simply buried.

I like our royal family but their love of blood lust makes me deeply ashamed of them. I hope it is a true story, but if not, shame on Harry. It's perverse that he campaigns for some species to be conserved, while blasting hundreds of others to death. Who decides which species are 'worthy' and which not? Overpopulation? Humans are the biggest destroyers of the environment on the planet and nobody suggests we blast humans to death by the thousands!

The petition may have been where you heard Harry gave up hunting because of Meghan but what was the petition's source???? A tabloid that printed a story claiming Meghan had got Harry to give up hunting. Anyone who takes unnamed sources like this as truth without taking a cruise ship of a salt with it, needs to rethink how they read news.

The reality is Harry was hunting in Germany since his engagement. So clearly Meghan hasn't forbidden him from hunting.

You clearly have little understanding of conservation of animals. Perhaps before blasting people for hypocracy, do some research. If you don't understand the difference between slaughtering a rhino for its horn (when they are almost extinct) and shooting ducks for meat, you need to do some reading on the subject.

There are strict rules about how many animals can be killed at a time. Guidelines to protect how many animals are killed. It keeps the population strong within an area. The money used for things like hunting licenses are used to pay for nature conservation and other work.

I am the hugest animal lover you will meet. But you really do need to actually do some research before blasting people when you don't have a good foundation.

Are you a vegetarian?
If yes, I totally understand how this would distress you.
If no, then this post is totally nonsensical.

Meghan, btw, is not vegetarian and has actually talked about eating game. Therefore it would be highly hypocritical of her to ask Harry to give up hunting.

Yes I am a vegetarian and I find it deeply insulting, as someone who has studied animal rights for 35 years, to be told to 'do some research.' I don't need to research to know that humans don't need meat any more than they need rhino horn.

I don't see how anyone who doesn't personally know Harry and Meghan can possibly conclude Meghan 'doesn't have a problem' with Harry boar hunting. All you can logically conclude is that she failed to stop him going. My husband went through a phase of smoking for 4 years. Does one therefore conclude that I 'have no problem with him smoking?' Actually yes I did, tried to persuade him to give up the whole time until he finally did.

I won't be taking any further part in this discussion as it is obvious that there is a huge pro-hunting lobby here and I won't be patronised by those members. I shall continue to not tell anyone I support the BRF out of shame for their love of hunting.

Btw your 'conservation' arguement has been used in Africa to justify shooting elephants, to encourage rich Americans to pay money to stalk and kill elephants. The people who sell the permits argue that the money made 'helps with conservation.' All I see is elephants getting rarer and rarer. They also breed animals like lions specifically for 'canned hunts.'

Don't bother posting a patronising reply, I won't be reading it. You've upset me a great deal Countessmeout.

I find it deeply insulting that people think that it's acceptable to meddle in other people's life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that Meghan is not a vegetarian.
If that is so then she would be hypocritcal to want Harry to give up hunting.
Harry is a great shot and only shoots in an organised way to help contain numbers to maintain a healthy habitat for future sustainability.
The fact of a pheasant or a deer living happily for years in the wild being shot by a licensed shooter, and suffering a quick death is not a cruel way to obtain meat for the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom