Royal Websites & Social Networking

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe most royals have an account on twitter. Queen Noor, Rania, Princess Ameerah of Saudi, Princess Iman bint abdulla, prince hussein bin abdulla, King abdulla and kids of Alwaleed bin talal of Saudi :D

Thank You for the answers, never expected that mostly non-european royals have accounts on Twitter, that sounds interesting.

Charles and Camilla (and I presume it counts William, Kate and Harry too) has the Clarence House one, right? Although I know it's being managed by someone else. Here it is: @ClarenceHouse.

A lot of Saudi princes and princess have an account on twitter, but note that some fans might create these accounts because it is just so easy to imitate them. :D

i dunno if it a good thing for them to be on twitter. its pretty easy for high profile people to put their foot in their mouths on twitter and end up in hot water.
and also alot of celebs have twitter accounts but they don't use it or are in charge of it. usually a PR rep is and they just use it to promote products or a cause they are supporting and its pretty boring

Queen noor,queen rania and crown princess mette marit of Norway have a twitter as well as the British monarchy site and Clarence house .

I guess Twitter is good for announcements of a non-explanatory nature. Otherwise, imo, a waste of time. I had a T account and dropped it 2 weeks later. Ditto for Facebook and years ago, MySpace. I kept trying, but it just didn't work for me.

Excuse me if I get it wrong or repeat the topic, but it seems to me that this is a real Mette-Marrit's twitter account.
https://twitter.com/#!/CrownPrincessMM
As I've observed royals, main members of family alongside with minor ones, usually don't have any official twitter accounts.
It will be interesting to find more information on the topic.
How can we be sure it is really her and not a civil servant in charge of it ?

If I saw that a royal had a twitter account, I wouldn't know whether to believe it or not. One would have no way of really knowing if the name on the twitter account is actually Prince or Princess so and so. It might be them or someone from their staff or it might be an imposter.

If I saw that a royal had a twitter account, I wouldn't know whether to believe it or not. One would have no way of really knowing if the name on the twitter account is actually Prince or Princess so and so. It might be them or someone from their staff or it might be an imposter.

they could get it verified like famous people do who are on twitter so you know its them. and thats the way it is for alot of celebrity's they have PR people handling it they never use it personally

Have we all seen The Queen on twitter? ;)

Which royals have Twitter accounts?

These two royal princesses have twitter accounts, Queen Rania of*Jordan and Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway. Does anyone know of other royals that have twitter accounts?

I think all royals should avoid personal Twitter and Facebook accounts. Just asking for trouble IMO.

Homepage

Brilliant new design for the website of the Prince of Wales!

Especially love the sections pertaining to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! :D

Am I the only one who's having problems viewing the content on the PoW's new website?
The problem arises only with Firefox and Chrome, but not with IE or Opera.

Am I the only one who's having problems viewing the content on the PoW's new website?

I use Firefox and navigated the new site freely. I have noticed in the last month or so that Firefox after an update works better if I restart twice.

Last edited:

I use Firefox 18 'Aurora' and I have no issues with PoW's website.

Very nice for the to place some questions and facts on the new website-FAQs

Also, it's nice to hear Camilla don't smoke anymore.

Thanks for all the responses in regards to my issue with the new PoW website. :)
I just rebooted Firefox and it seemed to do the trick, so no problems now.

Homepage

Brilliant new design for the website of the Prince of Wales!

Especially love the sections pertaining to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! :D

I find the page awfully cluttered. The image carrousel is too big and too "direct".

I prefer more calm and subtilty in a website - especially one that should signal dignity.

Royals in Instagram

:) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
What's this thread for exactly?

Back
Top Bottom