The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2019, 04:10 AM
Serene Highness

Good heavens - they've gained 2 million followers in 16 hours! I'm really looking forward to the photos they'll be sharing on this account.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Aristocracy

Live IG follower count https://instastatistics.com/#!/sussexroyal

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, "Bigoted Brits will be infuriated and unforgiving. I am already getting emails about how “the woman will pollute the bloodline” and stain national purity" https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnis...tional-family/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCzAp5IhyL4
Old 04-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Nobility

Guinness World Record it is

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Instagram account breaks record within six hours of launching | Guinness World Records

https://twitter.com/GWR/status/1113389633809932288
Old 04-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Nobility

Looks like Kensington Palace account gained 200k followers since the announcement of the split. (I know a couple myself, people who followed before but unfollowed because they kept getting harassed Meghan and Harry fans for daring to be critical of Meghan).

https://instastatistics.com/#!/kensingtonroyal

I want to say i’m shocked about them having their own account, but at the same time i’m not. Like I’m not surprised that one of their pictures is that of them with their backs to the photo (do they not get it that this kind of picture is so very disrespectful?).

IMO a separate account is a foolish idea and move on their and the family part (as it is for the duke of york), they should have gone under the Royal Family account like all the other minor royals.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Looks like Kensington Palace account gained 200k followers since the announcement of the split. (I know a couple myself, people who followed before but unfollowed because they kept getting harassed Meghan and Harry fans for daring to be critical of Meghan).

https://instastatistics.com/#!/kensingtonroyal

I want to say i’m shocked about them having their own account, but at the same time i’m not. Like I’m not surprised that one of their pictures is that of them with their backs to the photo (do they not get it that this kind of picture is so very disrespectful?).

IMO a separate account is a foolish idea and move on their and the family part (as it is for the duke of york), they should have gone under the Royal Family account like all the other minor royals.
Why are you shocked about Harry and Meghan having their own IG page? Why do you think it's a foolish idea? Well, Harry, Meghan, and Andrews are senior royals.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Why are you shocked about Harry and Meghan having their own IG page? Why do you think it's a foolish idea? Well, Harry, Meghan, and Andrews are senior royals.

What in your definition makes someone a senior royal?

I’ll repeat this just this once and move on- to not get the thread off track any more than it already is: In any historical way that really matters, a senior royal is someone in the direct line to the throne. Nor if, or buts. Spares are no longer considered senior once the heir line has been secured. They may be full time working royals (as many of the queen cousins and younger children are), but none of them are considered senior royals.

Andrew stopped being a senior royal the second William was born and Charles line was secured. Harry stopped being a senior royal once George was born and William line was secured.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

This conversation has been had many times. Agree to disagree. And I do -- they are senior royals and described as such by many in the know.

I think it was very wise they have their own account. I am also not surprised KP gained followers as the new account was publicized on their account. Naturally as this is being promoted all over people are also seeing the KP account as well. If you didn't already follow them then why not now? Princess Eugenie also saw a massive bump after she shared her post and it was shared everywhere.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, I didn't think they'd start up their own social media accounts either but I've been proven wrong and I'm happy to say that I am glad I'm wrong in this case.

Its not about liking Harry and Meghan or if they're senior or junior working royals for the "Firm" or even if they've broken a record according to the Guinness Book of World Records or if it is a huge popularity contest with people playing "my royal is better and bigger than your royal is". Its *none* of those things.

All I can say is that if I put my time and energies into a charity or organization that I wanted to bring attention to, get people motivated to "join the cause" or donate to support monetarily so the work can be done, I'd be way over the moon with having such a huge success amassing "followers" and reaching over 2 million people within the first 36 hours. As I've said elsewhere, who is really going to benefit from all this is going to be the charities and organizations and causes that both Harry and Meghan are striving to make a difference in this world with.

That is what it really is all about and I wish them continuing success through the years with it.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:45 AM
Courtier

Again, amazing to see the followers they are getting. IMO, they in-fact did need their own social media account. The royal family social media account alone is having a hard time regulating their pages with hateful comments from stans and fans from both Cambridge and Sussex supporters, although I will say some of the most ardent ones are in the minority as the majority of people actually do support both couples.

Also, compared to other members, Harry and Meghan have a bigger profile dealing with the Commonwealth, and this is not a knock on other members. This is not a competition. It's divide and conquer in the ultimate way in highlighting all of the causes that they want people to support (in a good way, not the Ghengis Khan way).
Old 04-03-2019, 09:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
What in your definition makes someone a senior royal?

I’ll repeat this just this once and move on- to not get the thread off track any more than it already is: In any historical way that really matters, a senior royal is someone in the direct line to the throne. Nor if, or buts. Spares are no longer considered senior once the heir line has been secured. They may be full time working royals (as many of the queen cousins and younger children are), but none of them are considered senior royals.

Andrew stopped being a senior royal the second William was born and Charles line was secured. Harry stopped being a senior royal once George was born and William line was secured.
Sorry but most expert on BRF define senior royals as the Counsellors of State. The Counsellors of State are the consort of the monarch and the first four people in the line of succession who meet the qualifications. These qualifications are the same as those for a regent: they must be at least 21 years old (except the heir-apparent or presumptive, who need only be 18 years old), they must be domiciled in Britain, and they must be a British subject. The Counsellors of State are senior members of the British Royal Family to whom the monarch, currently Elizabeth II, delegates certain state functions and powers when not in the United Kingdom or unavailable for other reasons (such as short-term incapacity or sickness). Any two Counsellors of State may preside over Privy Council meetings, sign state documents, or receive the credentials of new ambassadors to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

As of now and for the foreseeable future, Prince Harry and Prince Andrew are still counsellors of State hence senior royal since Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis do not met the above listed qualifications. Furthermore, if an unfortunate situation came about that made Prince George King while still a minor (less than 18), Prince Harry would most likely assume the regency.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

How can children of a monarch not be "senior" Royals? That the grandchildren of a monarch are not as senior as their parents is clear (Harry and William's children are being future children of a future king). Harry is the son oif a future king who decided after serving as a soldier to become a full working member of the "firm". He found an impressive and inspiring wife who helped raise his public profile enormously if you look at their IG followers. They have in RL an enormous impact on the public, Meghan is on her way to become an icon like Diana with her interest in charity. They were given the Commonwealth as their "playground" and don't believe for a moment the government had no say in that. They both are seen by many people as a power-couple who make Royality fit with the modern times, while IMHO William and Catherine show how fundamental and well placed the historic foundations of kingship are in Britain. Catherine will one day be a wonderful princess of Wales and later queen consort as a symbol of a stable society while Meghan will always be the humanitarian who shows the world that moving up on the social ladder till the absolute top need not change your interest and willingness to help the common man. They are both signalling something positive and good to their people, if you are open for that, feel yourself grounded and are not envious of the "Upper Class".

But when you see this, it is clear the "Fab Four" were going to move into different directions and going to symbolize different sets of values, so IMHO it is a good thing that William & Catherine have a "traditional court" at Kensington Palace, while "Harry and Meghan" are Royal Team Sussex in public and are associated with the queen' and later King Charles' court. That's as traditional as can be!
Old 04-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
Sorry but most expert on BRF define senior royals as the Counsellors of State.
I don’t know who these ‘’experts’’ are, but this definition doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. When the Queen dies Beatrice will become Counsellor of State and I think we can all agree she is not by any definition of the word a senior royal. This has been stated many, many times on these forum, yet people still claim that this is true.
I don't care what people think about Harry being a senior royal or not, but facts are facts.

And this topic has been discussed ad nauseam on various threads, is completely off topic and mods are likely to delete it.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I don’t know who these ‘’experts’’ are, but this definition doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. When the Queen dies Beatrice will become Counsellor of State and I think we can all agree she is not by any definition of the word a senior royal. This has been stated many, many times on these forum, yet people still claim that this is true.
I don't care what people think about Harry being a senior royal or not, but facts are facts.

And this topic has been discussed ad nauseam on various threads, is completely off topic and mods are likely to delete it.
I don't know maybe the royal family own website

https://www.royal.uk/counsellors-state

You may not like it, but it is what it is. those "experts" as you put it in quotes are constitutionalists, and university scholars, and historians. Go tell them that their opinions do not make sense whatsoever, and by the same token go tell them that you are more privy about this subject than they are.
If my posts bother you, easy press ignore thank you
Old 04-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
How about we just look at it this way and then let it go and get back on topic.

The Duke and Duchess are junior royals as far as the line of succession to the crown is concerned but they are considered senior full time working members of the family "Firm". Separate the work they do from the rank they hold within the family.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Never forget y’all talking about the son and daughter-in-law of the future King. Two people who are helping to move the Monarchy into the future.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
How about we just look at it this way and then let it go and get back on topic.

The Duke and Duchess are junior royals as far as the line of succession to the crown is concerned but they are considered senior full time working members of the family "Firm". Separate the work they do from the rank they hold within the family.
That is literally impossible. The royal family - any royal family- is build and retain its order because of difference in rank. There is a very specific order- hence the curtesing and bowing and so forth.
Junior is another way to say Minor.

Like it or not, Harry may be a full time working royal (as many other minor royals are at the moment) and he may be a consular of state- only due to him currently being the only royal born adult between him and William (and as mentioned once the queen pass away the next adult born royal who can potentially become a consular will be Beatrice - who we can all agree is a minor royal; I actually think it will be either Camilla or Catherine being consort).
While Harry is the son of a future king, he is no longer really a part of the main line, this has been made clear a few weeks ago when it was announced his office will be answering to the same Buckingham office that handles all the other minor royals. If that is not a capital letter neon sign of “look out minor royal” I don’t know what is.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
While Harry is the son of a future king, he is no longer really a part of the main line, this has been made clear a few weeks ago when it was announced his office will be answering to the same Buckingham office that handles all the other minor royals. If that is not a capital letter neon sign of “look out minor royal” I don’t know what is.
All the while they make a very high profile announcement that they have hired someone with extensive background and will hire additional people for their communications team. What is that neon sign saying? The structure really has a lot more to do with where the funding comes from. And frankly, all households ultimately reports to the Queen, directly or indirectly.

But back onto the social media. It'll be interesting to see how it's handled going forward. I know Meghan has a preference for IG, and it certainly is the correct platform with a younger demographic compared to Twitter and Facebook. Most companies that use social media effectively now post different content on different platforms. I don't know how necessary Twitter is, but we'll see. Twitter is more effective for conversing, but royal twitter usually don't converse with others or retweet that much other than from other royal accounts.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Every Royal Household answers to Buckingham Palace - regardless of where they are based, that includes Clarence House, Kensington Palace, and St. James's Palace, etc.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
That is literally impossible. The royal family - any royal family- is build and retain its order because of difference in rank. There is a very specific order- hence the curtesing and bowing and so forth.
Junior is another way to say Minor.

Like it or not, Harry may be a full time working royal (as many other minor royals are at the moment) and he may be a consular of state- only due to him currently being the only royal born adult between him and William (and as mentioned once the queen pass away the next adult born royal who can potentially become a consular will be Beatrice - who we can all agree is a minor royal; I actually think it will be either Camilla or Catherine being consort).
Again this is not a matter of opinion but of law, both Camilla and Catherine even as consort are not in the line of succession. I refer you to the Regency Act of 1937 which is in full force for further details if you are interested by facts. The only way they could be regent is by a Act of Parliament like the amendement in 1953 (Regency Act of 1953, that made the Duke of Edinburgh potential Regent instead of Princess Margaret. The Home Secretary of the time, Sir David Maxwell Fyfe, said the following: the Amendment is confined to the Duke, and accordingly, in the event of the Duke's death, which we all fervently hope will not occur for many years, the Amendment would cease to have effect, and in the circumstances in which provision is made by the Bill for the Duke being the Regent, the Princess Margaret would, if alive, be Regent. This is in no sense an exclusion Bill

Again, not a matter of opinion
Old 04-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent