Royal Websites & Social Networking

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's this thread for exactly?

When I read it last night there was a list of Royals (I believe from the Middle East) who had Instagram. So I'm assuming that this thread is to collect Instagram names of Royals?

Do any royals have official accounts on Instagram? Because I think listing private accounts would be kind of creepy.

Do any royals have official accounts on Instagram? Because I think listing private accounts would be kind of creepy.

I've never heard of any, and I'm not sure why they would. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flicker all seem more appropriate and able to disseminate information more readily than Instagram, but that's just me.

Some Arab royalty members do have public Instagram account like Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid and Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed in addition to some Qatari Royals as far as I know.

I've never heard of any, and I'm not sure why they would. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flicker all seem more appropriate and able to disseminate information more readily than Instagram, but that's just me.

I agree with you, Instagram is more private which is also why I think it would be weird to post the Instagrams of royals.

Queen Rania has a twitter account, Princess Beatrice has a facebook account, Princess Madeleine has a facebook page...

Sheikh Hamdan´s instagram has very good photographs,it is definitely worth a visit!Some pictures are taken by (professional) photographers,some by himself.They show him and his family,lots of animals and especially horses just like images of Dubai.

I know for sure that Marie Chantal of Greece has Instagram account and it is open for public ...

By the way, princess Marie Chantal also has Pinterest account.

Sheikh Hamdan´s instagram has very good photographs,it is definitely worth a visit!Some pictures are taken by (professional) photographers,some by himself.They show him and his family,lots of animals and especially horses just like images of Dubai.

If anyone is interested in Sheikh Hamdan's instagram account its @faz3
there's also Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa Of Bahrain @nasser13hamad

I agree with you, Instagram is more private which is also why I think it would be weird to post the Instagrams of royals.

It's not private, It's more of the visual version of twitter you can either have it on private or leave it open for the public to see and follow. I don't think any member will post a private account :flowers:

HH Sheikha Maryam Bint Mohammed Al- Maktoum has Instagram too Instagram Or http://instagram.com/p/O5eiWlR1KG/ she always post soo nice pics

Thank you,dear Sheikha Deena!Didn´t know she also uses instagram.Do you know if it´s really Maryams account or not just a pretender? (It´s sometimes difficult to find out if an account is official or just run by a person who uses a celebrity name) I don´t want to sound picky,but her pictures are sometimes quite grainy.Not that I expect her to have skills like a professional photographer but Hamdan´s pictures are much better in comparison & with nowadays cameras it´s not that difficult to get sharp images.However,it´s nice that she is sharing her personal pictures with us and they always contain alot of emotion & sweetness.:flowers:

Last edited:
I know for sure that Marie Chantal of Greece has Instagram account and it is open for public ...

I think MC's account is great! She shares quite a few family pictures which is always nice to see.

Thank you,dear Sheikha Deena!Didn´t know she also uses instagram.Do you know if it´s really Maryams account or not just a pretender? (It´s sometimes difficult to find out if an account is official or just run by a person who uses a celebrity name) I don´t want to sound picky,but her pictures are sometimes quite grainy.Not that I expect her to have skills like a professional photographer but Hamdan´s pictures are much better in comparison & with nowadays cameras it´s not that difficult to get sharp images.However,it´s nice that she is sharing her personal pictures with us and they always contain alot of emotion & sweetness.:flowers:

you’re welcome :) ,, NO Darling I’m SURE it’s her real account ,, This is her Official account in Twitter https://twitter.com/MMBinRashed Just look on her profile she posted her Instgram account on twitter profile ,,, And I can guarantee you it’s her Official public account & she posting the pics by her own self :flowers:

Last edited:
Dear me, I just had to look up what Instagram is? :unsure::lol:

Thank goodness for Wiki or I'd never keep up

Dear me, I just had to look up what Instagram is? :unsure::lol:

Thank goodness for Wiki or I'd never keep up

It's a way for rich kids to post photos of themselves.

I think MC's account is great! She shares quite a few family pictures which is always nice to see.

I also like Maria Olympia's account. Some lovely photos of her with friends and her brothers.

It's not private, It's more of the visual version of twitter you can either have it on private or leave it open for the public to see and follow. I don't think any member will post a private account :flowers:

I know what Instagram is, and I understand that it isn't a private account if it has 1K+ followers. However, if it's an account that clearly isn't meant to be a public account but rather something personal that you share with your friends only, I think it's kind of bizarre to post the accounts here. But maybe that's just me.

According to Svensk Damtidning, princess Madeleine has an private Instagram account, her username is leni82.

Well,if she does she will probably change it to another name.Madeleine wanted to keep the profile private-so why trying to follow it or get pictures that were not meant for us?That´s not very polite,we should respect everyone´s wish to keep a little bit of privacy...

I also like Maria Olympia's account. Some lovely photos of her with friends and her brothers.

would love to see MC and olympia's accounts! which are their usernames?

Beatrice is on facebook under Beatrice York, I have seen the page but there are privacy settings on. One of her FB friends is one of Helen Taylors sons and I think there were a few other extended family members in there as well if I remember. Her profile pic is one of her holding tiny versions of the famous wedding hat above her head like bunny ears. If anyone is interested the Earl of St Andrews daughters are on too with very little privacy settings and you can see family holiday snaps and all sorts.

You are correct. It is quite simple to locate Marina Windsor and sister Amelia, Zenoushka Mowat, Flora Ogilvy, Columbus and Cassius Taylor as well as Arthur and Samuel Chatto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha! Beatrice is a member of the group "Let's Buy News Corp!" Go Bea! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about "allowed" but I saw a tweet yesterday from Clarence House, in response to a question, that the only twitter acccount for PoW, DoC, DDoC and Harry is Clarence House and anyone else is a phony.

Well - take it with a large grain of salt but the DM claimed Harry was on facebook under the name "Spike Wells".

Chastened Harry is forced off Facebook: Fears grow over more damaging revelations of those naked antics in Vegas

Read more: Prince Harry Vegas photos: Prince forced off Facebook as fears grow over more damaging revelations | Mail Online

From the Telegraph:
Is the mysterious 'Spike Wells’ really Prince Harry?
For the past four years, Spike Wells has been using Facebook like millions of young people to banter with friends, post pictures of his holidays and keep in touch with loved ones.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...sterious-Spike-Wells-really-Prince-Harry.html

From the Guardian:
Pass notes No 3,236: Spike Wells
Could Prince Harry have been sharing his life with his friends on Facebook under the name Spike Wells?
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/shortcuts/2012/aug/27/spike-wells-prince-harry-facebook

Aaaannnd .... the 100% reliable Radar Online.
Prince Harry Deletes Pseudonym ‘Spike Wells’ Facebook Account
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/08/prince-harry-scandal-las-vegas-spike-wells-facebook/

Last edited:
I found Peter Phillips Facebook account by a complete accident today... I believe he has 2

Back
Top Bottom