Royal Voices & Accents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Carl XVI Gustav, Queen Silvia, Crown Princes Victoria, and Mr. Daniel Westing, the future Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland. This is a video of Victoria and Daniel's engagement announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7fMsvsZe_c

Queen Silvia has such a nice voice, soft and pleasant. Daniel sounds like I would have guessed him to sound like, very clear, not too high or too deep.

Last edited:
Thank you for the link, fortimo! I have never heard Charlotte Casiraghi speak before, and I was surprised by her voice. It is lovely, but a bit deeper than I expected.

Princess Letizia is so tiny and has such a strong voice :eek:

I never heard Charlotte Casiraghi's voice before. I quite liked her voice, although it's deeper than I expected.

Thank you all for providing the videos! It's an interesting thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Accents

I wonder :how strong are the accents of the Royals who moved from their home country to another country when they got married?
I mean: how strong are for example Princess Maxima or Princess Mary's accents?
Do you still hear very easily where they are from??
I heard that Prince Henrik still has a strong Frensh accent, and also Marie's accent is very strong (but charming) (and she doesn't live that long in Denmark yet).
Or: how strong was Prince Claus' accent? Did one hear any German accent in the end?
Thank you. :D

I have observd that people who live in international circles have a particular style of talking rather than an actual accent. Some "foreign" accents can sound very attractive. The Greek and Danish royals have imperdceptible accents when speaking English. I rejoice in all accents so long as the voice is sympathetic, but have to confess I cringe on hearing some minor princely individuals speaking the media speak of mid-Atlantic.

Mary still has an accent when speaking Danish, but that is only natural. She was not a child when she was learning the language. Prince Consort Henrik has a very distinct French accent, but he actually has a very large Danish vocabulary, so I think it is unfair to keep hassling him. He was over 30 when he came to DK. And all teachers will tell you that acquirering a new language as an adult is very difficult....and Danish along with Dutch is perhaps not the easiest ones :)

Back
Top Bottom