Royal Voices & Accents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another one:

Maxima and Willem Alexander speaking Spanish
(
+ Amalia... shouting "Feliz navidad" ;))
At around 05:00 minutes:
Player eo.nl

Victoria has a lovely voice. I was really surprised by Mary's voice. It sounds like she is speaking English with a slight Dutch accent. She hardly sounds Australian at all.

Of all the royals, my favorite voice is that of Queen Elizabeth. Her voice is perfect.

CP Haakon gives an interview in English. I was a little surprise to hear him speak english with more of an American accent than compared to a British accent like some other royals. Good interview!

msnbc.com Video Player

(under World news as Norwegian Prince champions causes)

YouTube - L'association lalla Salma de lutte contre le cancer

This is a video of Princess Lalla Salma speaking (I'd say that it starts about 2 minutes into the video). The video itself is in French, I think, but I'm not sure what language she is speaking. I'm not very familiar with French, but it doesn't really sound like French. Arabic maybe, which I'm also not very familiar with.

I know they are not Royal Princess yet...but does anyone have a video with Kate or Chelsy speaking ???? Would love to hear their voices. thanks

Here is HRH Princess Elena of Romania and her second husband Alexander Philips Nixon McAteer speaking. It's an interview in relationship of the Diamond Wedding Jubilee of HM King Michael I and Queen Anne-Marie of Romania.

Televiziunea Română

She's not royal... but most of you still remember her:
For all who always wondered what Eva Sannum's voice sounds like ;)
NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling
She sounds a bit like Märtha Louise...

Last edited:
Prince Phillipe of Belgium and his daughter Princess Elisabeth

deredactie.be - Videozone

Phillipe speaks belgian dutch; Princess Elisabeth speaks belgian dutch and french.

Oh, Oh, how lovely was it to hear these voices !!! Thank you !!!

How about Lady Gabriella and The Current Duke of Kent

I was so surprised when i first heard P. Caroline speaking. She spoke in french in a low key voice, and she spoke in a slow, paused manner. Later i saw an interview with her an there she spoke in english, very fast, again in a low key, but this time in an harsh, angry voice... What a diference between the two situations! She must be assume a very cold attitude when she's angry with someone...

Any videos of royals speaking English? I'm especially interested in Spanish and Danish royals.

I don't think these videos have been posted, but I found:
Mary speaking in English: YouTube - Mary Donaldson part 2
Alexandra speaking in English when she was a Princess: UNICEF - Tsunami disaster – countries in crisis - Princess Alexandra of Denmark visits UNICEF (look down on the right of this page and you can click for a low or high bandwith video)
Joachim & Alexandra: TV 2 Nyhederne
I've never heard Henrik speak English though - does anyone know if there are any videos of him doing so?

Does anyone have any vidoes of Prince Guillaume speaking his native tounge?

I noticed but a fortnight back whilst watching an interview with Princess Maxima that HRH spoke with *to my ears anyway* a particularly Dutch/British accent. I confess I heard very little of a latin accent when she spoke and her voice is somewhat different too what I anticipated.

Princess Maxima's voice was deeper from what I had imagined it would be. I never thought it would be as deep.

Back
Top Bottom