Royal Voices & Accents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
W-A's voice is a total turn-on, I mean, the guy can seduce a woman on the phone!:lol: :ROFLMAO:

I agree 100 % ... his voice belongs to a true King.

I can almost imagine him introducing himself to Máxima in Sevilla, back in 1999..."I am Alexander, nice to meet you"... awwwwwwww :wub:

Leonor has the best voice.

I agree 100 % ... his voice belongs to a true King.

I can almost imagine him introducing himself to Máxima in Sevilla, back in 1999..."I am Alexander, nice to meet you"... awwwwwwww :wub:

I don't think that he was so friendly. ;) Remember that he was very angry, because there was sombody with a camera took photos of him.
He could not know that it would be his future wife and mother of his adorabel daughters.:flowers:

That is such a sweet video! Especially the part where Mathilde tries to balance the children! :)

Sorry if this was already asked, but do Philippe and Mathilde's children speak just French at the moment? Or do they know Dutch or German too?

Last edited:
Great video! The kids are so cute, and I love the way their voices sound. Gabriel seems to have such a strong voice.

"Sorry if this was already asked, but do Philippe and Mathilde's children speak just French at the moment? Or do they know Dutch or German too?"

The childern of Filip and Mathilde speak the 2 languages fluent. French and Flemish. Te childern go to a Flemish speaking school in Brussels. Filip and Mathilde speak French with them the most of the time but also Flemish.
This year the photosession was in the French part of Belgium so they spoke French all the time, last year the photosession was in the Flemish part and then they spoke dutch with the childern.

Any videos of royals speaking English? I'm especially interested in Spanish and Danish royals.

any videos of amedeo of begium?
i've heard his voice in one video from a website( can't remember the name now, sorry) but he sounded so sexy, very laid back........i luv him!!!

Does anyone have Princess Benedikte's voice on a video/audio clip?

I don't think that he was so friendly. ;) Remember that he was very angry, because there was sombody with a camera took photos of him.
He could not know that it would be his future wife and mother of his adorabel daughters.:flowers:

hahaha come on, join me in fantasizing... :lol: for what I've read, it was a rather formal first approach...but I doubt that WA would have not sounded like a gentleman...don't you think?

I do not find Princess Maxima's voice surprising at all. We all see Maxima with fancy dresses and very feminine but before being princess she was anything but.

Maxima used to work in trading here in Wall Street, she was (or is, not sure) a chain smoker and liked to drink. Mind you she is also a big woman. I am acquainted with people that know her and if you knew this crowd you'd understand that there is really no way to be feminine as she now portrays herself to be.

I still love her to death and I think she incredibly natural and so are her girls and husband.

First Public Words for Royal Babies

I was wondering if we know what a royal baby's first public words were, or if their parents said at anytime their first words.

WebForm1
In this clip (I got it off DRW's), we can hear lille Prince Christian say what might be his first public words. At about 1:19, I think they're trying to get him off the train, he says "Nej", which is Danish for no.

Didn't Leonor say "Playa,Playa" when she came out with the two pencils? What does that mean?

Remember at Leonor who knows also the words " Papa" and "otro" which with she did a long speech :wub:at the issue of Sofia from the clinic, three months ago !:lol:

I remember Leonor did talk at Sofia's presentation, I think I heard her say "adios". What does otro mean? My Spanish isn't very good.

Yes acdc1 Leo said "aio aio":lol: (trying to say "adios"(bye) how sweet!
"otro" means other

At the presentation of Infanta Sofia, Leonor said:

doodoodoodoo (or something that sounded like that, random baby noises)
Papá, papá, otro, otro, papá otro (daddy, daddy, other, other, daddy other)(she was playing with one microphone cover and wanted the other (Felipe wouldn't let her reach over for it because she'd fall. He then just gave it to her, and she was happy)
Adio, Adio! (Leonor-speak for Adios, or good bye, which Letizia and Felipe took as their cue to leave- Felipe may be the heir to the throne, but it's obvious a certain one year old rules that household!)

Royal Children Speaking

We have a great thread about royal voices. I was wondering if I could start a thread for royal kids speaking, anyone from about the time they can speak up until age 15 or so. This can be from any time period.... kids who are grown up now or even deceased!

I'll start:
WebForm1
This is Prince Christian saying "Nej!" or no in Danish, at about 1:19.

this is a brilliant idea for a thread, acdc. I'll try to find a video where Princess Alexandra of Hanover is speaking to the press. It's posted on the Monaco forum and from the key ceremony for Prince Albert in July 2005.
You can see/hear her speaking a little bit on this video:
Monaco: Der Herrscher fürs Volk | tagesschau.de - Multimedia
If this link doesn't work, go here: Monaco feiert neuen Fürsten Albert II. | tagesschau.de
then click on third video in the right hand column. About midway through the video, Alex is speaking to the press. It's adorable. If you listen closely, you can hear her sweet laugh under the news speaker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom