Royal Twins

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caspar and Christian of Waldeck und Pyrmont 2004

Does anyone have a photo link for Caspar and Christian?

Are there any rules to say what would happen if twins were the first children born to a monarch of heir to the throne?

Are there any rules to say what would happen if twins were the first children born to a monarch of heir to the throne?
It happends in 1891, when Furst Wilhelm von Hohenzollern had two sons; one, Friedrich, succeded his Father as Furst von Hohenzollern; the second was created Prinz von Hohenzollern-Emden.

The first one born is the heir as far as I know.

Princess Sumaya of jordans son & daughter ... Tareq &zain alsharaf judah
also queen Musbah of jordan (Musbah bint Nasser) & Queen Huzaima of iraq

i wish from god to have twin babies boy and girl royal babies .

The first one born is the heir as far as I know.

I have watched a documentary about King Henry VIII. There it was said that if twins were born, the second one will be the monarch, because in this time it was said that the second one was the first one made. Do you understand?

Depend of the country and constitution I mean succsession law if it would born girl and a boy (ex. UK, Spain).

I would love for Princess Mary to have a boy and a girl.

Have there ever been twins in the Danish Royal Family?
x

Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte had twins. HRH Prince Jean of Luxembourg and HRH Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg (and Liechtenstein) were born May 15, 1957.

Who was the last twin born to their families?

I think...

Belgium:
Princes Nicolas and Aymeric (2005-12-13)

Luxemburg:
Prince Leopold and Princess Charlotte of Nassau (2000-05-02)

Netherlands:
Princess Margarita and Prince Jaime of Bourbon-Parma (1972-10-13)

Has anyone other countries and twins?

Austria: Archduchess Monika and Archduchess Michaela, on 13 September 1954
Brazil: Princess Maria Gabriela and Princess Maria Teresa, on 14 July 1959
Bulgaria: Prince Umberto and Princess Sofia, on 20 November 1999
Hesse: Princess Paulina and Prince Moritz, on 26 March 2007
Bonaparte: Prince Charles and Princess Catherine, on 19 October 1950

Denmark:

Countesses Josephine and Camilla of Rosenborg (1972-10-29)

France: Prince Jacques and Prince Michel, on 25 June 1941
Liechtenstein: Princess Diemut and Prince Gundakar, on 1 April 1949
Oldenburg: Duke Huno and Duke Johann, on 3 January 1940
Yugoslavia: Prince Alexander and Prince Philip, on 15 January 1982; Prince Dimitri and Prince Michael, on 18 June 1958; Prince Serge and Princess Helene, on 12 March 1963, siblings of Michael and Dimitri.

Interesting question - we dont hear about twins born to well known families. I am a twin ( identical ) this always fascinated me about families royal or non

Last edited by a moderator:
Great britain:

Timothy & Nicholas Knatchbull were born in 1964 (identical twins), they were the grandchildren of Louis Earl Mountbatten of Burma. Nicholas was killed in 1979 by an IRA-bomb.

Royal Family of Jordan

1. Princess Aisha and Princess Zein - born 1968; daughters of the late King Hussein and Princess Muna
  2. Princesses Sara and Aisha - born 1997; daughters of Prince Feisal and Princess Alia
  3. Princess Rajaa and Prince Muhammad - born 2001; daughter and son of Prince Talal and Princess Ghida
  4. Princess Sumaya, daughter of Prince Hassan, also has twins born in 1994; a son, Tariq and daughter, Zein El Sharaf
King Hussein and his two brothers Princes Hassan and Muhammad all have a pair of twins among their grandchildren. I don't know that much about the grandchildren of their sister Princess Basma.

Mae Madeleine and Arthur Darcy Wellesley just two weeks ago to the earl and countess of Mornington

Princesses Aisha & Zein bint Hussein are twins (non-identical) (b.1968)
Princesses Aisha & Sarah bint Faisal are twins (identical) (b.1997)
Tariq & Zein al Sharaf Juddeh (children of Princess Sumaya bint Hassan) are twins (b.1994)
All from Jordan

Maria Pia of Savoie married to Alexander of Yougoslavia gave also birth to TWO sets of twins , Michel and Dimitri and later Hélène and Serge.

Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte had twins. HRH Prince Jean of Luxembourg and HRH Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg (and Liechtenstein) were born May 15, 1957.

you are forgetting that Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg"s wife Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg gave birth to Leopold and Charlotte in 2000.

And the Duchess of Anjou, Maria Margarita is currently expecting twins.

Not exactly Royal, but:
Henry Primrose, Lord Dalmeny (son of Neil Archibald Primrose, 7th Earl of Rosebery)
has triplets: Lavinia, Delphi & Celeste (b.2003)

This thread should be updated with the most recent royal twins:

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou (Luis Alfonso de Bourbon and Margarita, née de Vargas) became the parents of twin sons in May 2010.
The boys are named Luis and Alfonso.
The thread is here.

Brazil:
Princessess Eleonora & Tereza d'Orleans e Braganza,b. 31 January 1984
Daughters of Prince Francisco d'Orleans e Braganza (b.1955) & Claudia Regina Godinho (b.1954)
Their older (and only) sister, Princess Elizabeth, is going to marry in August next year

Mary of Denmark is expecting twins. Due-date is January 2011.

Back
Top Bottom