Royal Transport: Land, Sea and Air

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Elizabeth II has owned more than one Daimler Double Six finished in Edinburgh Green.
Her first Series 3 model was a 1984 car and is now in the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust registered B432VYO.
This car was then replaced IN 1991 by J52PWK another Daimler Double Six Series 3 in Edinburgh Green, it was used until 1995 when it was reregistered as J216DHM and is now in private hands.
The replacement was the new x300 model registered N52VKV.
There then fallowed two XJ8 cars, in 2001 a Daimler Y694CDU and then in 2005 a Jaguar BD05VPP.
Other than HM unique Edinburgh Green colour the other noticable feature of HM personal cars are the distinctive RAC and AA badges which are carried over from vehicle to vehicle.

Wow, what a great thread! Might I add a couple of thoughts of cars used by Queen Elizabeth II when she's here in the states? The Lincoln "bubbletop" used in the 1957 visit and the Lincoln used in the 1976 visit are on display at The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan while the Cadillac used in an 80's visit is on display at the Ronald Reagan Museum in California

Queen Elizabeth II has owned more than one Daimler Double Six finished in Edinburgh Green.
Her first Series 3 model was a 1984 car and is now in the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust registered B432VYO.
This car was then replaced IN 1991 by J52PWK another Daimler Double Six Series 3 in Edinburgh Green, it was used until 1995 when it was reregistered as J216DHM and is now in private hands.
The replacement was the new x300 model registered N52VKV.
There then fallowed two XJ8 cars, in 2001 a Daimler Y694CDU and then in 2005 a Jaguar BD05VPP.
Other than HM unique Edinburgh Green colour the other noticable feature of HM personal cars are the distinctive RAC and AA badges which are carried over from vehicle to vehicle.

Is Edinburgh Green a colour especially mixed for the Queen? Is it darker than British Racing Green? I don't recall seeing any such name on the website.

Edinburgh Green is a very dark green and is not a standard listed Jaguar or Daimler colour and is used for HM the Queen's personal cars not ceremonial cars.

Now on Ebay Item number: 320363072031
PRINCESS DIANA'S JAGUAR XJ SOVEREIGN
The vehicle was used by Princess Diana for royal engagements, History for the vehicle is fully documented, with receipts for the first three years from R.A.Creamer & Son Ltd Kensington Jaguar.
It was kept in the family from 29th October 1992 until 18th August 1995.
Reg. Number K194BAC

Royal Cars at Silverstone Auction.

Some of the JDHT Royal Cars are being auctioned off at Bonhams Silverstone Auction on July 25th. 2009.
They are listed as Royal relief cars:
1984 Daimler Doublesix S3 reg. B432VYO
1998 Daimler XJ8 reg. S916OGW
2001 Daimler XJ8 reg. Y694CDU (modified to hold Gladstone bag)
All are green, it will be interesting if anyone knows of photos of any of these.
Who used a Gladstone bag?

Any pictures of the Swedish royals driving or just their cars??

Do most royals drive themselves when not on official business? I don't think Elizabeth and Phillip do, but I recall that Charles does or did. What about other monarchs?

Carraiges are usually used on traditional state occasions, like Trooping of the colour in the UK and Prinsjesdag in the Netherlands.
Other royals have less traditional events and choose to use more modern transport. Such as the Danish New Years Court event, the royals travel by car to the palaces.
But they do use this carraige to travel in when they hold the reception at Christianborg.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

However when they greet guests from Airports on State Occasions, usual a carriage is used.

Cars Of UAE Royal Families?

Lets share some amazing cars belonging to UAE royal families. Post pics of the cars you know. i start with this one.

Belongs to Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Ruler of Dubai and the Prime Minister of UAE with the expensive number plate in dubai

http://www.imagebam.com/image/fb570a102372669

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the Sultan of Brunei driving around in his Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG and G500. This was when he was checking out the floods.
Infofoto 004
Infofoto 011

This one is a photo of His Majesty, together with his Prince and Princess, getting out after driving a Mercedes Benz ML55 AMG in London
RAMLI_003

This one is a photo of the Crown Prince getting out of his Lamborghini Murcielago
MASRI_001
MASRI_002

This one is a photo of Prince Mohammed, the Sultan's brother, seen getting out of a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG and Mercedes Benz S65 AMG
H.YUSOF IMG_2779 02
MASMALEH_01
SAHRIZAL_00

Here is a photo of the Sultan's other brother, Prince Sufri driving in a Porsche Cayenne
MASMALEH_01
MASMALEH_03

I saw an "in the flesh" Cayenne last week. I want one. In my younger years, I had a boyfriend who had a Lamborghini Espada. After the first time, I wouldn't ride in it as you kind of had to stand on your head to get out of the car!!!

Thanks for the nice photos. They are handsome people.

I saw an "in the flesh" Cayenne last week. I want one. In my younger years, I had a boyfriend who had a Lamborghini Espada. After the first time, I wouldn't ride in it as you kind of had to stand on your head to get out of the car!!!

Thanks for the nice photos. They are handsome people.

Kitty, the Cayenne is fairly common in the UK. I'm in Spain at the moment and I've just seen one parked outside a small two bedroom terraced house in a not very posh area. They're ubiquitous in Europe.

Does anyone have pictures of HRH Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge driving her Audi A6 or Prince William's Audi A6 leaving her parents' home with her sister Pippa and heading to london for her wedding ?

Thanks,
Brent R. von Behrens II

A lot of the members of the British Royal family drive Audi's (William and Catherine, Edward and Sophie for example.) Does Audi sponsor their usage or do they purchase the cars themselves? They seem to have new cars almost every year, which is what made me think they were sponsored but now I am not so sure.

I wonder what the Duchess of Cambridge drives now? I know her family have range rovers and Mercedes C Class?

I wonder what the Duchess of Cambridge drives now? I know her family have range rovers and Mercedes C Class?

Catherine still has her old Audi A3 which she uses. Typically in London she is seen in either a Range Rover or a Jaguar XJ or an Audi A8 from the Clarence House fleet.

Royals in traffic on the road

I just was wondring when the royals are on the road in traffic do they have all the streets blocks and stop for them? just wondering today i was stuck more than 2 hours because the president was passing through, i could not belive the police and security operation they closed all the freeways, streets, it was crazy, if you were on the west side of the freeway you couldn't go to the east side and viceverse, a police told me exit in the next street and wait there around 45 minutes to an hour until they open the streets again, it was a really nightmare all the cars, trafic,etc..... and very anoying.... it was a rush hour completely anoying:bang:
So I was thinking do the royals in Europe do the same? have the city stop for them everytime they step outside their castle?

Back
Top Bottom