Royal Transport: Land, Sea and Air

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Blog Real, Thank you for all the fun photos! It is nice to see many royal ladies behind the steering wheels.

I wasn't sure where to put this so mods please move if it's in the wrong place.

It's strikes me as wonderfully dotty but anyway.:D

It looks really posh to have a royal train although the UK no longer has a royal yacht as still do Denmark and Norway.

I had the thought the royal train was older but the article above stated the current one only came into use in 1977 to mark the Silver Jubilee.

I had the thought the royal train was older but the article above stated the current one only came into use in 1977 to mark the Silver Jubilee.

It's my impression "the royal train" has been around since Queen Victoria. I think over the past 150 years or so there have been several iterations of the royal train. It's been fascinating to learn more about the train. I especially learned quite a bit from the documentary "The Secrets of the Royal Train" as well, thank you to Irish Royalist for the Daily Mail articles.

Queen Elizabeth has a new burgundy coloured Range Rover (new model, only just released), which she used yesterday when driven to the royal Windsor Horse show gala event for the Platinum Jubilee.

Do the Belgians have any state/vintage cars at their disposal?

Do the Belgians have any state/vintage cars at their disposal?

I do not think I have seen them in one. The King and Queen tend to usually be seen in Mercedes S-Class cars.

Queen Margarethe of Denmark and Princess Anne, The Princess Royal have both been using Bentley Bentayga SUVs as their principal cars for royal engagements.

Not the most elegant of cars, IMO, but I guess they are practical and comfortable. I wish they would both just use Range Rover's instead.

I was surprised Anne swapped to the Bentayga from the Flying Spur she use to have which is more like a proper saloon car. I wonder if it was because the Bentayga was the first to come in hybrid (the Flying Spur now comes in hybrid so maybe she'll change back?) I read somewhere Daisy chose the Bentayga in part as it was better for her back (but so would a Range Rover)

I wonder whether for Anne its because she and her family drive Range Rovers as their" everyday" cars

Back
Top Bottom