Royal Transport: Land, Sea and Air

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Royal Family Member's Cars

Does anybody have any info or pictures on what kind of cars any of the royal family memeber's drive?:D

There is some photos:

One of Queen Sonja (Car: Audi)
(originally posted by pdas1201)

One of Queen Sofia (Car: Mercedes)
(source: terra)

And one of King Juan Carlos (Car: Audi)
(source: cover)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some more of Queen Sofia (Car: Smart)
(source: cover)

woww... a great idea, Juanita!

queen sofia in a smart car? precious..

here's more of SRF.. let's start with Felipe & Letizia

in their beloved BMW

in their AUDI

in their mpv (brand?)

source : hola, colourpress, imagine, seegerpress, newscom

Last edited:
I would like to see the King's cars because it is said that BMW gives him a car everytime they have a new model

Her Dad was a doctor, but I believe he now owns a BMW dealership, although I'm not sure if this was ever confirmed or just a rumour.

Queen Rania driving herself to the Opening of Parliament at the beginning of December:
attachment.php

Last edited:
It's nice to know she drives herself, do you think her car is bullet proof? Are there any other royals cars that are bullet proof? I heard one of Prince Charles cars is bullet proof. Not sure about that though.

HRHAmy said:
It's nice to know she drives herself, do you think her car is bullet proof? Are there any other royals cars that are bullet proof? I heard one of Prince Charles cars is bullet proof. Not sure about that though.

Also, the first car Prince William got (when he learned to drive) was bulletproofed and it resisted bombs, I think he still has it

Prince William had a Focus first of all I think and i believe he now drives a golf. Princess Anne is now driving a very flash Bentley. I read it in the Daily mail last week.

Princess Anne's Bentley was a birthday gift from the State I believe. She insists on driving herself. When she was younger, she would swear quite fiercely at other drivers and the Lady-in-Waiting assigned to her sat there wincing as she came out with some very choice phrases. When she uttered the 'C' word, the Lady-in-Waiting turned off the radio and said, "Now you listen to me. Say that once more and I'll tell your mother". After that Anne never swore again in the Lady-in-Waiting's prescence and her road rage cooled off. Very brave of the Lady-in-Waiting!

Last edited:
King Konstantine II (former king of Greece) drives an Audi RS6 and a Mercedes Benz G Klass 500.

Last edited:
Daytona said:
King Konstantine II (former king of Greece) drives an Audi RS6 and a Mercedes Benz G Klass 500.

Where does the money come from?

crisiñaki said:
Where does the money come from?
I saw a report about King Constantine. And in London he has a kind of (it isn't but is the best word that i can find)... like i was saying he has a kind of 'foundation' where he receives a lot of things from people and on all the things that he receives there is money!!
And i think that he also helps some people and he receives money.... but don't ask me why or who give the money because i don't know! :p

...JuAnItA... said:
I saw a report about King Constantine. And in London he has a kind of (it isn't but is the best word that i can find)... like i was saying he has a kind of 'foundation' where he receives a lot of things from people and on all the things that he receives there is money!!
And i think that he also helps some people and he receives money.... but don't ask me why or who give the money because i don't know! :p

Cool, he doesn't work yet he has whatever he wants, It's good to be a Royal:cool:

Wouldn't he also have a inheritance from his family in Greece? I'm sure being the King of Greece at one time would have brought in a substanial inheritance plus the tax payers money?

Apparantly Elizabeth II and Margrethe II give him a little bit of pocket money too.

BeatrixFan said:
Apparantly Elizabeth II and Margrethe II give him a little bit of pocket money too.
I didn't know that...
When they give it??

Well, this is totally rumour and unconfirmed but I've been told that Margrethe gives Anne-Marie a certain amount of money each year which comes from her private funds. Elizabeth gives Constantine a certain amount each year on the suggestion of Prince Philip. But that could be complete rot.

BeatrixFan said:
Well, this is totally rumour and unconfirmed but I've been told that Margrethe gives Anne-Marie a certain amount of money each year which comes from her private funds. Elizabeth gives Constantine a certain amount each year on the suggestion of Prince Philip. But that could be complete rot.

I don't believe that, they have to be very careful in the way they spend their money (private or not), it maybe was a one time thing but I don't think it's permanent

i doubt they do with the wealth of the Crown Princess

Dane said:
i doubt they do with the wealth of the Crown Princess

Do you mean the rumored $200 million dowry of Crown Princess Pavlos? I think the foundation is plausible - friends give to the foundation. In return, they get invites to events, not just Greek family related events but also where TM can "put in a good word" for the friend.

Royal Travel

How do royals travel? Do they own their on private jets? Do the fly first class on commercial airlines? Just curious if they have something comparable to America's Air Force one for the President. Merci.

British Royals fly private plane by HM Queen's jets for special occasions for more reasons.

but im not sure what about Princess Diana? after she divorce from Prince Charles she plane of private plane or not

im not sure what another non-royals have private jets?

The Swedish royal family uses the states planes, if i´m not wrong i think we have two planes, not very big though. And the planes are not only for the royal family but for the prime minister and other members of the goverment. And the RF often fly regular flights.

The Norwegians use commercial airlines most of the time, or military when the occasion calls for it.

The royal yacht is used for some transportation, as with the silver cruise.

There is also a royal railway car.

The swedish royal family sometimes takes the train, ad then they have thier own car that is connected to a public train set. I dont know how often they used the train nowadays but a couple of years ago they used it often, like when they went to their ski lodge in Storlien

Back
Top Bottom