The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Would it have been possible to keep this landau of King William IV of Great Britain so it would have been part of the carriages and coaches used in British royal processions?
King's landau set to sell for £300k | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

The fact that it had already been sold, before this sale, says that the BRF realised they didn't need it.

They only have a few processions per year and most of the time only need one or two carriages in those processions.

They simply don't need that many any more.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Gentry

There's a nice list on Wikipedia under the title "Official State Cars"
Old 09-07-2018, 08:19 AM
Majesty

Price Charles appears to acquired a Jaguar I Pace electric car. He used it for 2 engagements earlier this week.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Price Charles appears to acquired a Jaguar I Pace electric car. He used it for 2 engagements earlier this week.
He joked it was “silent, but deadly”.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:21 AM
Majesty

I note from press comment and photographs that Harry drove Meghan to Windsor Castle in his Audi etron Electric SUV today. I applaud Harry's use of an electric car, but only wish he would patronise Jaguar Land Rover their excellent Jaguar I-Pace instead.

A little support for British business would go a long way at this time.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I mean I agree in principal but JLR is owned by an Indian company and the I Pace is assembled in Austria.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I mean I agree in principal but JLR is owned by an Indian company and the I Pace is assembled in Austria.
Its a British brand, and the I-Pace is very key to the longer term survival of the Jaguar brand. It is good to see that Catherine seems to have acquired one as well, perhaps as a replacement to the Jaguar XJ she previously used for public engagements.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Its a British brand, and the I-Pace is very key to the longer term survival of the Jaguar brand. It is good to see that Catherine seems to have acquired one as well, perhaps as a replacement to the Jaguar XJ she previously used for public engagements.

I’m well aware it’s a british brand, that’s why I said I agree in principal.