Royal Tattoos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
magnik said:
Empress Elisabeth "Sisi" had got one tatoo.

mmmm do you happen to know where, or why? Did she get it when she was in Madeira or something? Or was it before marrying Franz?

Does Zara Phillip's have any tattoos? I know she had(has) her tongue pierce which makes me wonder is she's gotten inked. Any confirmed reports or pictures?

Haha. It is funny to see the reactions of people to such a thing--such shock, and scandal. It is really funny that many people do not consider tattoos a long-standing tradition in Western culture, and yet there they are...

As for criticising them, these royals do not have their tattoos out at state dinners and receptions, so the matter is personal and for them to decide on. And dear me we need to figure out this Prinzessin/Herzogin Elisabeth business...I run across it in so many of the forums...

Elisabeth, Princess of Bavaria, Duchess in Bavaria, right?
(Elisabeth Prinzessin von Bayern Herzogin zu Bayern, richtig?)

I know this is the case with the Sachsen families. And Bavaria was a kingdom by the time of her birth, right?

Anyway...off-topic...please forgive me...but we should work that out in the appropriate forum.

I really like the King of Denmark's tattoos, as they are rather antique-looking by modern standards. Is that an imperial Chinese dragon in the centre of his chest?

As for Elisabeth's tattoo, did it happen to be a snake on her wrist? That was fashionable at the time, and I think another famous royal lady had one--Alexandra of Denmark (later Queen Consort of the United Kingdom) maybe?...perhaps I'm mistaken...

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't princess Stephanie of Monaco the most tatooed royal person now?
I also heard rumours that prince Charles has tatoo.But I can't believe it.:neutral:

Royal Tatoos

I was wondering wich royals had tatoos. I recently discovered prince Frederic had one. Apparently, his grandpa, king Frederik had too video

Caroline and Stephanie of Monaco have many too. So I was wondering for the others :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Princess Caroline of Monaco do not have any tattoos but her sister, Princess Stephanie do have many tattoos.

Isn't princess Stephanie of Monaco the most tatooed royal person now?
I also heard rumours that prince Charles has tatoo.But I can't believe it.:neutral:

She is the only Monagasque princess to have tatoos. Caroline and Charlene don't have tatoos nor do Charlotte or Camille or Pauline. Thankfully.

very interesting that Prince Charles has one :D

Charles has a tattoo? Ok challenge ima need some proof with this one.

She definately still had them for the Nobels, but now..... I have not seen a backside pic from her - from Alexander´s baptism.
Has anyone seen?
BYe Bine

:previous: You're right, she does have an ankle tattoo.

thanks for confirming. here's a picture (note that the picture next to it with the handbag is not sofia but madeleine on that same day).

the ankle tatoo is more discrete than the neck or back one, and it appears to be some letters. the picture was taken at the wedding bans ceremony for CP and sofia, so she could have had it removed since (since as a princess she would wear skirts quite often, it was possibly the one which more urgently needed removing, as the other 2 could easily be hidden).

Last edited:
Why should she remove them? :ermm: When it's considered perfectly fine for Crown Prince Frederik to have a tattoo, why should it be a problem that Sofia has tattoos?

I guess because Frederik's can't be seen during official acts. Still, I like Sofia's tattoos more than his.

Prince Amedeo, the Duke of Aosta, has 16 tattoos and according to him all of his maternal uncles (the Kings of Greece George II, Alexander I and Paul I) had tattoos to.

where does sofia have her tattoos? i am curious as to whether she still has them or maybe she got them removed with laser upon joining the royal family.

i know she has/had:

one of a star shape in her lower neck, which was clearly visible during the wedding. second picture

one on her back / rib area of a butterfly. second picture

i thought she had one in her ankle, is this right?
According to a discussion in another thread Sofia's proposed coat of arms features a star which is supposed to have a tie in to her tattoo.

51072a2843fb83c7239ef58effc90fd8.jpg

According to a discussion in another thread Sofia's proposed coat of arms features a star which is supposed to have a tie in to her tattoo.

51072a2843fb83c7239ef58effc90fd8.jpg

interesting info, queen claude! clearly her tattoo has special significance for her. hopefully we will get some info on what that is with the explanation for her coat of arms.

Maria Zurita, cousin of King Felipe VI, revealed that members of the Royal Family have tattoos.

María Zurita has a rose tattoo.

King Juan Carlos has a tattooed anchor.
Juan de Borbón had all his arms full of tattoos. Mermaids, an anchor, a dragon.

Victoria Federica a sailboat on her right ankle, in honor of the last ship that the emeritus sailed. On one wrist he wears a shell in homage to his grandmother Concepción and on the other three points for his mother, his father and his brother.

Maria Zurita said that King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia do not have tattoos.
https://www.pronto.es/noticias-del-...espanola/que-tatuajes-familia-real-46538.html

Back
Top Bottom