Royal Personal Interior Decoration

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Chocolate Mints box was the first I spotted :D I am always in for this kind of chocolates, too, so I can relate.
And at this age, if someone isnt down with diabetes, let them eat their chocolates.

Oh snap - I noticed the choccies first too! Charbonnel et walker and Fortnum and Mason are the other boxes on the table (sad that I can ID chocolate brands from the boxes alone?!) so clearly a bit of a choccie table for HM to indulge in.

Keeping on topic a bit, I'd love to see this room with just exposed floor boards and a big rug. Apart from in the palaces it seems the private royal homes (thinking Balmoral and this room especially) have pretty boring if not hardwearing carpets.

Last edited:
I, too, noticed the chocolates. Boxes from Fortnum & Mason, Charbonnel et Walker and Bendicks Mints.

Perhaps the chocolates were gifts to mark the start of the 70th Jubilee?
I also noticed the beautiful hyacinths on the table too.

Perhaps the chocolates were gifts to mark the start of the 70th Jubilee?

Perhaps. Or they could just be chocolates the Queen likes, and likes to have a supply to hand.

The Queen is very much known to be a chocoholic, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she has every room decorated with some to hand! (Although not being familiar with the packaging, I hadn’t even noticed them at first.)

So many things in the Queen's reception room would appease the curiosity of children.
I like the room and I don't mind the warm red carpet.

Princess Margriet of the Netherlands (aunt of King Willem-Alexander) welcomed the Editor-in-Chief of the magazine Margriet at Huis Het Loo (located on the royal domain Het Loo together with Het Loo Palace and Castle Het Oude Loo).

Her interior is modern with a classic twist: picture.

The interior works very well and my compliments to her taste and style.

Princess Margriet of the Netherlands (aunt of King Willem-Alexander) welcomed the Editor-in-Chief of the magazine Margriet at Huis Het Loo (located on the royal domain Het Loo together with Het Loo Palace and Castle Het Oude Loo).

Yes, this works.

A light room with cheerful but not garish colors and furnitures. Well suited for a garden-room.
The room is balanced. A dark corner is lit. The antique style furnitures are not "outdated" but seem modern in this room.
The only thing I can point my finger at, are the plates on the wall. Three small plates, rather than two large and one smaller would have worked better for this little bit of wall.
The carpets are discreet but stylish and fit the room well.

This is done in good taste. :cool:

I dislike this interior. The curtains are hideous - what are they edged with? Faux fur? Why have a roman blind on one window but not on the one next to it and that glass coffee table doesn't enhance the clashing sofa and rug. The room looks a mess to me and a failed attempt to mix differing styles well.

Back
Top Bottom