Royal Miscarriages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 1967 tragedy in Montreal was not technically a miscarriage as the princess was in her third trimester when she delivered the stillborn son. In medical terms it's called a "missed abortion" because the infant had been dead inside Grace for some time:sad:.

Was this stillborn son given a name and buried?

In my opinion there should not be idle discussion or speculation about such an intimate and distressing event. I don't know why this thread exists to be honest!

In my opinion there should not be idle discussion or speculation about such an intimate and distressing event. I don't know why this thread exists to be honest!

I am sorry this thread distresses you, but why are reading it? In any case, this is part of the cycle of life and death. We are discussing it because it happens all the time, and can happen to any couple, commoner and royal alike. I am reading it more for information, not to spread malicious gossip or to be hurtful toward anybody. I can understand your point about the distress you feel reading this topic - there are many other topics to read on these forums, and unfortunately, the topics discussed cannot be catered to just one person. I hope you can find a topic here that does not invoke your feelings of despair. ?⛪

Was this stillborn son given a name and buried?

Hi NotHRH...I don't remember reading whether or not the infant was given a name and buried. It was in a biography published in the 80's after Grace's death.

But I am certain he was indeed buried, I cannot imagine TSH's leaving the remains of their poor little boy in Canada.:sad:

Hi NotHRH...I don't remember reading whether or not the infant was given a name and buried. It was in a biography published in the 80's after Grace's death.

But I am certain he was indeed buried, I cannot imagine TSH's leaving the remains of their poor little boy in Canada.:sad:

I wondered if his body was sent to and buried in Philadelphia, where Grace's family lived. I realize these types of situations are very personal and private, but I have never seen it mentioned before that Grace had a stillborn child. If he is buried next to his parents, there is no public marker indicating such. I cannot fathom striking my deceased child from record, I would have wanted his memory and very short existence to be celebrated and not hidden from world. How very sad for his family to never had known him.?

Poor women, who lost one child/more children.

If Queen Anne had one child, this one would became King or Queen of Great Britain and the history would Change.

Poor women, who lost one child/more children.

If Queen Anne had one child, this one would became King or Queen of Great Britain and the history would Change.

Unfortunately there are so many ifs with history, not just with miscarriages but those to. Think of all the miscarriages and stillborn sons of Catherine of Aragon. If she had a son who lived, Henry VIII would have had one wife. We could even question if there would have been a split with the church. Mary would never have become bloody Mary, she would likely have married much younger and possibly had children, likely in a foreign court. We would never have had Queen Elizabeth I or the Stewarts on the throne likely.

Or Catherine of Braganca, the wife of Charles II. She suffered at least three miscarriages, and though the courtiers tried to convince the king to marry someone else. he refused a divorce. Though he had many mistresses, he always stood up for her and made sure that she was not abused by his courtiers or mistresses. If she had born a living child, James II would not have come to the throne leading to the Catholic issue and the whole William and Mary Reign, and the Jacobite claim.

"Bloody Mary" - I don't like this nickname. Her father and her half-sister also showed , that the are the boss and "killed" people, who they don't like, but nobody calls they: "Bloody Henry" or "Bloody Elizabeth".

Catherine of Braganca was also a poor woman, indeed.

If the parliament succeded, that Catholic issue would have been Queen or King, the history changed. But the parliment avoided to do that.

Princess Birgitta told at her birthday interview in Svensk Damtidning, that princess Sibylla had a miscarriage after princess Margaretha was born in 1934. So Birgitta was a very desired child and was born in 1937.

Miscarriage is very common. Early miscarriage, which I think is defined as before 12 weeks. Many times it is from a blighted egg which is what caused mine at about eight weeks. The egg didn't contain enough genetic material to continue.
A later m iscarriage is a much rarer event and of course much more devastating imo.
Princess graces miscarriages and still born children were common knowledge as well as Jackie Kennedy
Queen nor had a serious miscarriage when she first got married

Royal women whose bodies are not biologically able to sustain a pregnancy cannot adopt - in this point they are in worse situation than commoners.

Madame de Pompadour during her romance with King Louis XV had three miscarriages; she got bacterial vaginosis and it probably caused her organism to reject pregnancies.

Princess Tessy of Luxemburg has just confirmed that she miscarried her third child.

Royal women whose bodies are not biologically able to sustain a pregnancy cannot adopt - in this point they are in worse situation than commoners.

Madame de Pompadour during her romance with King Louis XV had three miscarriages; she got bacterial vaginosis and it probably caused her organism to reject pregnancies.
it is not a case of not being able to adopt, but if they did adopt children they would not be abel to inherit...

Back
Top Bottom