Royal Education

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lyonnaise

Serene Highness
This same topic is in the Middle East forum and rather than posting this in every country's forum, I thought I'd post it here.

I'd just like to know where our royals studied (are studying) and what degrees/diplomas they received (going to receive)..

*if you could also put what jobs they held before they were "royal" that would be great too

Thank you.

Prince William and Harry have same school when brothers was little boys went to board school, Eton College and William went to College in St.Andrews College.

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by Lyonnaise@May 30th, 2004 - 5:29 pm
This same topic is in the Middle East forum and rather than posting this in every country's forum, I thought I'd post it here. 

I'd just like to know where our royals studied (are studying) and what degrees/diplomas they received (going to receive)..

*if you could also put what jobs they held before they were "royal" that would be great too

Thank you.
I see that you picked my topic! :cry:

hmz...well the Charlotte and Pierre were studying at some private school in Fontainbleau France...can't remeber the name but i'll get back to you on that....and i heard that Charlotte was contemplating history and chemistry or something at some American university in New york....sorry about y bad memory i can't remember hahaha because i am at school at the moment doing some work

Can somneone tell me where Zara and Pater Phillips went to school and whether or not either one of them went to college?

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and his brother Felix both Granduated and is currently attending Sandhurst Millitary Academy respectivly!

HRH Prince Pavlos is also a grad of the same school. Also attended Georgetown in Washington DC with cousin Felipe of Spain.

HRH Prince Petar of Yugoslavia attended school in the USA

Originally posted by chanel@May 30th, 2004 - 11:37 pm
Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and his brother Felix both Granduated and is currently attending Sandhurst Millitary Academy respectivly!

HRH Prince Pavlos is also a grad of the same school. Also attended Georgetown in Washington DC with cousin Felipe of Spain.

HRH Prince Petar of Yugoslavia attended school in the USA
Do you know what Princes Pavlos and Felipe took at Georgetown (history, political science) or where they allowed to take a little bit of everything and call it a degree?

:heart: :flower: a good grand christian mother advice her kids to be kind even if hurts a reply back with smile is a gift .

[/QUOTE]hmz...well the Charlotte and Pierre were studying at some private school in Fontainbleau France...can't remeber the name but i'll get back to you on that....and i heard that Charlotte was contemplating history and chemistry or something at some American university in New york....sorry about y bad memory i can't remember hahaha because i am at school at the moment doing some work

Yes, I've heard that too, that Charlotte is planning to go to Columbia University. I'm so upset! I applied and was accepted but since it is too expensive I turned it down! :doh:

oooooooooooooooowwwwww what a pity for you now!! You can now only hope Charlotte will follow your footsteps and leave that school for what it is....
Almost a class or schoolmate...ow dear.....

Both the Duke of York and Prince Felipe spent some time at Lakefield college in Canada.

Prince Charles was first tutored at the Palace, then went Cheam Prepatory School, Gordonstoun (he did study in Australia for a term during this time), then Cambridge.

Princes William and Harry attended Mrs. Mynors nursery school, Wetherby Prep, Ludgrove, and Eton. William is attending St. Andrew's University in Scotland. Harry's college choice has not been announced.

Peter Phillips attended Gourdonston in Scotland (like Prince Philip and Charles) together with Zara. Peter recieved a 3 year Sport Science degree from Exter.

Harry will attend Sandhurst then procede into the Army. I don't think he has any plans for a formal university education, at all.

CP Felipe made all his pre-school, basic and highschool formation at Santa María de los Rosales in madrid, before went to uni (before uni, he made his military formation (3 years)) he attended one year at Lakefield Colleged in Canada, then he took a law degree at Automonic University of Madrid (here, he also took some assigments in ecomonics). He ended his formation in USA, at Georgetown University (pic of Felipe and the Kings at his graduation at Georgetown), where he took a masters in Foreign Relations ;)

Infanta Elena made her highschool studies at Santa María del Camino college in Madrid, then she took a teaching (of english phisolophy) degree at ESCUNI University School of Madrid, a sociology and education masters in Exeter University (in UK) and she ended her formation at Comillas University, where she took a degree in Education Sciences ;)

Infanta Cristina went to highschool at Santa María del Camino College in Madrid, then she took a degree in Political Sciences at Complutense University of Madrid and she took a masters on foreign Relations at NY University ;)

Prince Albert attednded Amherst College in Massachusetts. I believe he studied political scienece, Econ, Psychology. He completed an internship at Morgan Guarentee Trust in New York.

King Mohammed VI of Morocco

-B.A in law from Mohammed V University in Rabat Morocco, 1985
-MBA in political sciences, 1987
-passed the first exams for a doctoral degree, 1988
-a few-month training in Brussels EU, 1988
-gain the title of Doctor in law from French University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis with "Very Honorable" distinction for his thesis on "EEC-Maghreb Relations", 1993

HM Queen Elizabeth II:

Tutored at palace for entire education by Miss Marion Crawford with The Provost of Eden, Henry Marten, instructing her in Constitutional history. Madame de Bellaigue taught Her Majesty French.

Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 13th, 2004 - 6:24 pm
HM Queen Elizabeth II:

Tutored at palace for entire education by Miss Marion Crawford with The Provost of Eden, Henry Marten, instructing her in Constitutional history. Madame de Bellaigue taught Her Majesty French.
Wow...are you telling me Queen Elizabeth II NEVER went to school??? O__O

ooOOooOOooo

Originally posted by hillary_nugent+Jun 16th, 2004 - 1:17 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hillary_nugent @ Jun 16th, 2004 - 1:17 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@Jun 13th, 2004 - 6:24 pm
HM Queen Elizabeth II:

Tutored at palace for entire education by Miss Marion Crawford with The Provost of Eden, Henry Marten, instructing her in Constitutional history.  Madame de Bellaigue taught Her Majesty French.
Wow...are you telling me Queen Elizabeth II NEVER went to school??? O__O

ooOOooOOooo [/b][/quote]
When you're the future Queen, dahling, you don't GO to school.. the school comes to YOU!!!! :p

I guess that could be an explanation for her lack of real social skills she has never had a place to develope them that wasn't family.

Next year Charlotte Casiraghi will be attending Columbia University. What about other royals her age like Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este? Where will they attend school?

Originally posted by princessvalondra@Jun 18th, 2004 - 10:11 pm
Next year Charlotte Casiraghi will be attending Columbia University.
Is this a fact? What is then with her horse jumping?! She surely couldn´t go on like now...with the same trainer, the same horses, the same show jumpings etc. Has she accepted that she never will be world class :innocent: ?

Have any royals worked toward & earned a doctoral degree?

My best friend had some classes with Prince Haakon of Norway at Cal (aka, University of California, Berkeley.) I saw him at graduation. Down to earth guy.

Originally posted by Freedom@Jun 26th, 2004 - 7:41 pm
Have any royals worked toward & earned a doctoral degree?
Yes.

HM King Mohammed VI of Morocco is a Doctor in Law from University of Nice-Antipolis in France. His thesis title was : “Cooperation between the European Economic Community and the Arab Maghreb Union”.

His brother HRH Prince Moulay Rachid is a Doctor in Law from l'Université Montesquieu-Bordeaux IV France. His thesistitle was: The Organization of the Islamic Conference. Work of 5 years. The jury decreed him, unanimously, the very honourable mention and the congratulations of the jury with particular mention for his publication, have regard to the interest of the subject and the quality of work.

Crown Prince Guillaume and his younger brothers attended boarding school at Beau Soleil and Institut Le Rosey in Switzerland. Le Rosey in particular is popular amongst Royals. with its alumni including

1) Prince Rainier of Monaco
2) Aga Khan
3) Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece
4) Emanuel Filiberto of Italy
5) the late Shah of Iran.

current Democrat nominee for the Presidential seat John Kerry is also an alumni of Rosey.

oh Charlotte and Pierre currently attend Lycee Jeanne d'Arc in Fontainebleu in France. though i'm sure that Charlotte is currently taking her baccalaureat (her leaving school exam, sort of like the GCSE's that students in England take)

more of Royal Rosean alumni include:

1) King Albert of Belgium
2) Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia
3) Prince Edward, Duke of Kent
4) Alexandra de Scheel of the Netherlands

Back
Top Bottom