Oldest Royal to Give Birth

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Masako was born 9 Dec 1963 and Aiko 1 Dec 2001.

Kiko or Akishino of Japan was almost 40 (without 5 days) when she birth Hisahito.

Angela von Liechtenstein was 43 years, 3 months, 15 days when she gave birth Alfons.

Władysław II Jagiełło Grand Duke of Lithuania, King of Poland born about 1351 or 1362 depend of sources was 76 or 66 when his youngest son Kazimierz IV was born in 1427. His wife was about 22.

Kazimierz IV was 55 when his youngest child Elżbieta whike his wife Elisabeth von Habsburg (daughter of Albrecht V King of Hungary) was 45 or 46.

Their oldest son Ladislas II von Bohemia and Hungry was 50 and his wife Anne de Foix was 22 when their youngest son Lajos II was born.

Lajos's younger brother Zygmunt I was 59 when whis youngest child was born in 1526 his Wife Bona Sforza was 31.

Lajos's sister Anna was 42 almost 43 when llike her husband Ferdinand I von Habsburg when their last child Johanna was born.

that would make her 8 days shy of her 38th birthday

A 55 year old mother has quite likely received fertility treatment. With 47 i'm not so sure. In my own ancestry i have female ancestors, who gave birth when they were older than 43 (e.g. 15. child with 45 in 1832 and 16. and last child with 47 in 1835; 12. child with 44 in 1792; 11. child with 44) and this was of course years before any kind of treatment was known. To me this shows that a woman can give birth to a healthy child with mid-forthy. But it is far more likely if she already had some kids.
I don't think that Alexia of Greece, who was 42 when Amelia was born, Cristina of Spain, who was nearly 40 at the birth of Irene, Marie Chantal of Greece (39 when Aristidis was born), Astrid (40 when Laetitia-Maria arrived) had any kind of treatment.

ROCCO
Dr. Enrico Mentana and his wife, née Donna Michela Rocco dei principi di Torrepadula (b.1960, daughter of Don Giulio Rocco, Principe di Torrepadula and of his second wife, née Maria Bert) had their second child together in Rome on 10 September. They have a son, Giulio, born in Rome on 3 June 2006. (updated 29 Sep 2007)

Michela is 47 years old

from Pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff
Michela was not born in 1960, but in 1970; so she was "only" 37 when she gave birth to her daughter Vittoria.

Princess Lia of Romania (b.1949) had her son Carol Ferdinand on 11th January 2010.
Surely with a donor egg.

This is quite an interesting thread. Biri, this princess is 61!! I was so surprised to hear that. I wanted to add a couple of royal ladies, but they are already mentioned. Keep them coming!

Princess Lia had "help" in conceiving and carrying her pregnancy. When the news was first announced, I believe her husband stated that the couple didn't have any fertility treatments, but later admitted that they did. I had read that on a Royal site, but for the life of me cannot recall or find it.

That's ok Katrianna. Well, it's still a world record, right? lol

Princess Nora of Liechtenstein (b. October 31, 1950) gave birth to a daughter, Maria Teresa Sartorius (b. November 25, 1992) at the age of 42. Princess Nora's husband was the late Marquis of Marino, Vicente Sartorius (b. November 30, 1931). Vicente Sartorius is a widower and is the father of Isabel Sartorius, the former girlfriend of Spain's Crown Prince Felipe. Vicente Sartorius became the father of Maria Teresa at the age of 60. Vicente Sartorius died of heart attack on 2002 while on a vacation in Spain. Maria Teresa was only 10 years old at that time.

Princess Lia had "help" in conceiving and carrying her pregnancy. When the news was first announced, I believe her husband stated that the couple didn't have any fertility treatments, but later admitted that they did. I had read that on a Royal site, but for the life of me cannot recall or find it.
Lia Triff, wife of Paul of Romania, claimed in an interview, that she had stored/frozen her eggs when she was younger, and these eggs were used in the conception of her son Carol Ferdinand. I don't know whether she carried her son or not. I have read that it is medically possible for a post- menopausal woman to carry a child if she has received treatment. I am no expert in this field, so I don't know whether this is possible.

Amelie of Bavaria (1865-1912), died in May 1912 at the age of 46, short after giving birth to her 9th child. She was married to Wilhelm of Urach, 1892-1912.

Amelie was a niece to Elisabeth, the famous Empress (1837-1898) and shared the birthday: 24.12. with her.

Archduchess Maria-Valeria, Princess di Toscana (daughter of Franz Joseph I and Elisabeth) was 43 years, 2 months and 4 days when she give birth to her youngest child daughter Agnes (bd 26 VI 1911).

Princess Ludovika (grandmum of Maria-Valeria) was 41 years and near 4 months when she give birth her youngest child Prince Maximilian in 1849.

Ludovika's father King Maximilian I Josef was 54 years and almost 2 months when his youngest child Maximiliane was born in 1810. Her mother was 34.

Ludvika's sister Amalie Queen von Sachsen was 42 when she give birth to her youngest child Sophie in 1845.
Not yet. Amalie (* 1801), so she was 43 or 44, when she give birth to her last child.

Masako was born 9 Dec 1963 and Aiko 1 Dec 2001.

Kiko or Akishino of Japan was almost 40 (without 5 days) when she birth Hisahito.

Angela von Liechtenstein was 43 years, 3 months, 15 days when she gave birth Alfons.

Władysław II Jagiełło Grand Duke of Lithuania, King of Poland born about 1351 or 1362 depend of sources was 76 or 66 when his youngest son Kazimierz IV was born in 1427. His wife was about 22.

Kazimierz IV was 55 when his youngest child Elżbieta whike his wife Elisabeth von Habsburg (daughter of Albrecht V King of Hungary) was 45 or 46.

Their oldest son Ladislas II von Bohemia and Hungry was 50 and his wife Anne de Foix was 22 when their youngest son Lajos II was born.

Lajos's younger brother Zygmunt I was 59 when whis youngest child was born in 1526 his Wife Bona Sforza was 31.

Lajos's sister Anna was 42 almost 43 when llike her husband Ferdinand I von Habsburg when their last child Johanna was born.

Anna died in childbirth, her daughter Johanna lived, but died herself in childbirth in 1878 at the age of 31.

Back
Top Bottom