Modelling Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Grace of Monaco worked as a model before becoming a Princess.

No, Royals are not forbidden to advertise anything, in a sense Royal Warrants (By Appointment to HM The Queen) etc. show that Royals use a particular product and in a way they are advertising.

Miss Zara Phillips has appeared in adverts for Land Rover which is blatent advertising and not at all subtle in any way.

Last edited:
First, I'm now an old Lady and I can say for the two Medina brother: Oh miam miam!!! Sorry, it's a little trivial reflexion but...it's the truth!

Then, one commentary: what do you think about all the Royals who wear, particularly in summer, clothes with trademark on it as Burburries, Lacoste, Gap and so on whithout the " by appointement to..."Can we considere it's indirect advertising?

An interesting point Adelaide, however doesn't it extent to us mere mortals too?
You get a nice cotton T for a fraction of the price that they ask for if it has the little advertising label XYZ (put in whatever you want: Chanel, Hilfigger, Lauren, etc)
Funny?

BTW, Mary of Denmark should qualify for this thread very much, since she once appeared in a commercial about a commuter train In OZ...
Reading a paper with fancy intellectual glasses on...

Stephanie Gräfin von Pfuel did some advertising for a German Coffee Company. The name of the company I had forget.

An interesting point Adelaide, however doesn't it extent to us mere mortals too?
You get a nice cotton T for a fraction of the price that they ask for if it has the little advertising label XYZ (put in whatever you want: Chanel, Hilfigger, Lauren, etc)
Funny?

Yes you're right but we can't compare royals with "mere mortals" like us :) They are present in many, many magazines, forums, tv programs, etc and everyone is looking at their cloths.
We'll never if wearing these cloths with trademark is (or not) a deliberated indirect advertising (like "We Burberries give you this cloth and you'll wear them in public places all summer long").

Correct, but then most Royals are in fact given freebies that are meant to push up the sales numbers...
And Mary for ex is "patron of the danish fashion industry" thus she is in fact advertising the different danish designers.
And even if they don't wear a visible logo, like the huge CC Mary fancied on her sunglasses, the media will inform us anyway, who designed what...

Cocaine claims could cost Jodie Kidd £500,000 in model contracts | the Daily Mail

from Wikipedia:

Family

Her father is British businessman John Edward Aitken Kidd, himself grandson maternally of the first Lord Beaverbrook.
Her paternal grandmother, the Hon. Janet Gladys Aitken (1908-1988) married first in 1927 (as his first wife) the future 11th Duke of Argyll (grandfather of the present Duke by a later marriage), and third in 1942 Jodie's grandfather, Major Thomas Dealtry Kidd. Her mother Wendy Madeleine Kidd (née Hodge) is a baronet's daughter.
Jodie's elder sister, Jemma Kidd (b. 1974), is the wife, since June 2005, of Arthur Gerald Wellesley, Earl of Mornington, grandson of the Duke of Wellington; she also has a brother Jack (b. 1973) who was married and has several children.

Rafael Medina is a very handsome man. I love his very European playboy style X Is his mother an aristocrat or was she just a model who married a Duke ? X

Princess Paola of Brazil is a model as well as Princess Natalie I think that is her name she is the Princess of Portugal.

Lord Frederik Windsor, Zara Phillips, Rosario Nadal (wife of Prince Kyril), Rafael Medina (Duke of Feria), Eugenia Martinez de Irujo (Duchess of Montoro, daughter of the Duchess of Alba)

What years was Lord Frederick Windsor a model?
What modeling company did he work for?

Back
Top Bottom