If you could’ve arranged marriages between royals and other royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She could probably marry members of the deposed branches of the Imperial house or members of the Japanese nobility.

I am not sure which part of Katariina's post you are responding to, but if it was the comment "I would enjoy that she would get a title after marriage since she is loosing her Japanese title if she gets married", marrying a member of the deposed branches of the imperial house or deposed nobility would not achieve that.

I am not sure which part of Katariina's post you are responding to, but if it was the comment "I would enjoy that she would get a title after marriage since she is loosing her Japanese title if she gets married", marrying a member of the deposed branches of the imperial house or deposed nobility would not achieve that.
It has nothing to do with her gaining titles, but simply the fact that neither the Japanese or Thai royals the most part don’t marry foreigners.

The family would not need to do that. The government could if the match as seen as desirable. Like I said this is hypothetical and all you would need is someone supporting like the new elected government for example.
The military backed government and the influential nobility/Brahmins would not accept this. I get these are hypothetical but I just think matches need to be a bit more “realistic”. The Thai Royal family are the wealthiest royal family in the world and one of the few Buddhist royal families. For the most part bar Princess Ubolratna (main branch) and some very minor members of the cadet branches of the Thai royal house, the main branch have not married foreigners or have seen the need to do so. Maybe with other branches marrying foreigners won’t be a problem, but the main branch no chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you, her marrying into deposed branches would not result in her getting a title, if this is looked from a realistic perspective of current laws.

Regarding Thailand and realism again, I understand some prefer more realistic matches, but I do not think royal matches in countries discussed in this thread in this day and age will happen. But if one would I would prefer it to have a purpose. Such as showing that there no longer as much prejudice against foreigners. And give Aiko a title like, that’s the more personal motive.

Leonor, Princess of Asturias and Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein (youngest child of Alois and Sophie).

Would be nice if have a marriage of a royal member with a non-royal member

This is the norm, actually.

Anyway, for Prince Rafael of Orléans-Braganza (April 26, 1986), I suggest any of the following:
  • Duchess Olga of Mecklenburg (October 13, 1988) - 5th cousins once removed through Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, founder of its Koháry branch
  • Princess Philippa of Hohenzollern (November 2, 1988) - 6th cousins once removed through Duke Francis of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld
  • Princess Constanza della Torre e Tasso (August 7, 1989) - 4th cousins through Hereditary Prince Henri Maximilien Joseph Charles Louis Lamoral of Ligne
  • Princess Noor Pahlavi (April 3, 1992) - she'd have to convert from Shia Islam to Roman Catholicism

For his sister Princess Maria Gabriela (June 8, 1989), I suggest the following:
  • Albert, 12th Prince of Thurn and Taxis (June 24, 1983) - 5th cousins through Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, founder of its Koháry branch
  • Prince Fakhruddin of Egypt (August 25, 1987) - they might raise their sons as Sunni Muslims and daughters as Roman Catholics

Not sure if I can follow exactly what you are saying but nowadays royals mostly marry non-royals. With my knowledge even all current monarchs and their heirs have married non-royals.

Not sure if I can follow exactly what you are saying but nowadays royals mostly marry non-royals. With my knowledge even all current monarchs and their heirs have married non-royals.

What I said is people of reigning houses marrying member of a non-reigning houses (Ex: A Spanish royal member marrying a German non-reigning member)

This is the norm, actually.

Anyway, for Prince Rafael of Orléans-Braganza (April 26, 1986), I suggest any of the following:
  • Duchess Olga of Mecklenburg (October 13, 1988) - 5th cousins once removed through Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, founder of its Koháry branch
  • Princess Philippa of Hohenzollern (November 2, 1988) - 6th cousins once removed through Duke Francis of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld
  • Princess Constanza della Torre e Tasso (August 7, 1989) - 4th cousins through Hereditary Prince Henri Maximilien Joseph Charles Louis Lamoral of Ligne
  • Princess Noor Pahlavi (April 3, 1992) - she'd have to convert from Shia Islam to Roman Catholicism

For his sister Princess Maria Gabriela (June 8, 1989), I suggest the following:
  • Albert, 12th Prince of Thurn and Taxis (June 24, 1983) - 5th cousins through Prince Ferdinand of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, founder of its Koháry branch
  • Prince Fakhruddin of Egypt (August 25, 1987) - they might raise their sons as Sunni Muslims and daughters as Roman Catholics

For Princess Maria Gabriela I suggest Prince Louis of Luxembourg.

With my knowledge even all current monarchs and their heirs have married non-royals.

The monarchs of the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Malaysia and Brunei and the crown princes of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Tonga have royal-born wives.

Back
Top Bottom