Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Constantine Alexios of Greece and Denmark was christened in a Greek Orthodox ceremony at St. Sophia's Cathedral, London, on 15 April 1999. His godparents are Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark; Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia; Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark; King Felipe VI of Spain; William, Prince of Wales; Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden; Princess Alexandra zu Fürstenberg; and Doris Robbs. Three of his godparents are prospective monarchs and one is a reigning king.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.c...pm05M-7wgzd_Jm1uRFnO6GR9cCNvkscH/s16000/7.jpg

I don't think that Queen Letizia has even been chosen as a Royal Godmother to date?

Queen Sofia godparents were George II of Greece, Queen Alexandrine of Denmark and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother and Queen Elena of Italy!

King Carl XVI Gustaf's godparents were King Gustaf V, Crown Prince Gustaf (VI) Adolf, Crown Prince Frederik (IX) and Crown Princess Ingrid of Denmark, Crown Prince Olav (V) of Norway, Princess Juliana of the Netherlands, Duke Karl Edvard of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and Count Folke Bernadotte af Wisborg and his sister Countess Maria Bernadotte af Wisborg.

King Carl XVI Gustaf's godparents were King Gustaf V, Crown Prince Gustaf (VI) Adolf, Crown Prince Frederik (IX) and Crown Princess Ingrid of Denmark, Crown Prince Olav (V) of Norway, Princess Juliana of the Netherlands, Duke Karl Edvard of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and Count Folke Bernadotte af Wisborg and his sister Countess Maria Bernadotte af Wisborg.
It wasn't his grandfather Carl Eduard who was his godfather, but his uncle Friedrich Josias.

It wasn't his grandfather Carl Eduard who was his godfather, but his uncle Friedrich Josias.

From the website of the Royal Court, King Carl XVI Gustaf's biography:
His godparents were King Gustaf V, Crown Prince Gustaf (VI) Adolf, Crown Prince Frederik (IX) and Crown Princess Ingrid of Denmark, Crown Prince Olav (V) of Norway, Princess Juliana of the Netherlands, Duke Karl Edvard of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and Count Folke Bernadotte af Wisborg and his sister Countess Maria Bernadotte af Wisborg.
HM The King _ Kungahuset

From the website of the Royal Court, King Carl XVI Gustaf's biography:

His godparents were King Gustaf V, Crown Prince Gustaf (VI) Adolf, Crown Prince Frederik (IX) and Crown Princess Ingrid of Denmark, Crown Prince Olav (V) of Norway, Princess Juliana of the Netherlands, Duke Karl Edvard of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and Count Folke Bernadotte af Wisborg and his sister Countess Maria Bernadotte af Wisborg.

HM The King _ Kungahuset
You're right. Strange, I just looked it up and it had his uncle as a godfather. His grandfather is at least not a godfather that is brought up a lot these days for obvious reasons.

You're right. Strange, I just looked it up and it had his uncle as a godfather. His grandfather is at least not a godfather that is brought up a lot these days for obvious reasons.

Would be strange a great-grandfather and grandfather being godfather in parallel.

I wonder if anyone else has had such divergent godparents as his Nazi grandfather and Folke Bernadotte... (Was that why Folke was asked?)

Last edited:
Princess Carola of Vasa (1833-1907) was the daughter of Crown Prince Gustav of Sweden and Princess Louise Amelie of Baden.
Her godparents were Emperor Francis (Franz) I and Empress Caroline Augusta of Austria; Stephanie, Dowager Grand Duchess of Baden; and Cecilia, Grand Duchess of Oldenburg.

I don't think the godparents of Princess Margaret's grandchildren are known to the public. It is known that King Charles is one of Sam's godparents. Sam's second name is David and that may imply that is uncle David is also one of his godparents.

Does have Grand Duke Henri any godchildren?

Archduke Imre of Austria
Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (younger sister of his mother)
Archduke Simeon

Archduke Josef of Austria
Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria (sister-in-law of his father)
Prince Michel de Ligne as godparents.

Archduke Michael of Austria
Archduke Carl Christian of Austria (his older brother)
Archduchess Yolande of Austria (his paternal grandmother)

Archduke Alexander of Austria
Archduchess Constanza of Austria (his paternal aunt/younger sister of his father) and Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (his maternal aunt/younger sister of his mother)

Last edited:
From Liechtenstein

Prince Joseph Wenzel Maximilian Maria of Liechtenstein (born 24.05.1995) has his uncle Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein (brother of his father) as a godfather.

Princess Marie Caroline Elisabeth Immaculata of Liechtenstein (born 17.10.1996) has her aunt Duchess Elizabeth of Bavaria (sister of her mother) as godmother.

Prince Georg Antonius Constantin Maria of Liechtenstein (born 20.04.1999) has only one godfather, his uncle Prince Constantin of Liechtenstein.

Queen Letizia has no royal godchildren. Prince Daniel of Sweden also has no royal godchildren.

I don't know if Queen Silvia has any royal godchildren.

Does Queen Letizia have any non-royal godchildren?

Back
Top Bottom