First-born Child - How Long After The Wedding?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a noticeable difference between the modern Catholic Royals and the modern Protestant/Orthodox royals... I guess the Catholic royals are, indeed, adhering to birth control doctrines it seems!
Can somebody do some example in this direction? I have not many examples in mind and I can't see such differences

And Princess Grace? She got pregnat in her honeymoon or what? Because she married Rainier in April 1956 and Caroline was born in January 1957.

9 months and 4 days; I guess she got pregnant in her honeymoon...

-Louis XIII and Anne of Austria, Infanta of Spain
married : 21 November 1615
1st child : Louis born 5 September 1638
22 years and 10 months
Wow, that's really long! :cool: How old was Anne when Louis was born?

Both the Queen and the King were 37.

Question about legitimacy of the child- If the child is concieved out of wedlock is it considered illegitimate? If no, then Victoria of Sweden could get pregnant in Oct/Nov of this year and have her heir by the end of next summer.

A child's legitimacy is determined by the status of the parents at its birth. (Which sort of makes sense, since it prevents any debate about babies who are born, say, 8 1/2 months after the marriage, when they could have been conceived out of wedlock or just not carried to term.) So if the parents marry the day before it's born, it's still legitimate, and if they conceive it in wedlock but then get divorced before the birth, it's illegitimate.

if we talk the older generations how long after the wedding were queen margarethe od denarm born or the oldest of king of swedens sisters

I think that depends on couple's age and attitude. I don't think so they must have children so quickly but Mary, Letizia, Marie or Victoria in day of wedding was (or will be): Mary - 32, Letizia -32, Marie - 32, Victoria - 33. That's not age when you could wait for starting family so long so I'm not suprised they have (or will have becouse I think that will be the same with Victoria) very quickly. But Mathilde was 26 so she could have more time but she loves kids and she didn't want wait too long as I've read.

if we talk the older generations how long after the wedding were queen margarethe od denarm born or the oldest of king of swedens sisters

Queen Ingrid married King Frederik in 1935.
Margrethe was born in 1940. :)

Prince Gustaf Adolf married Princess Sibylla in 1932.
Princess Margaretha was born in 1934. :)

Princess Caroline of Monaco and Prince Ernst
Married: 23rd January 1999
Alexandra: born 20th July 1999... :innocent::innocent::innocent:

JORDAN

King Hussein & Queen Dina
married April 1955
1st daughter: Princess Alia February 1956
9 months

King Hussein & Princess Muna
married May 1961
1st son: Prince Abdullah January 1962
8 months

King Hussein & Queen Alia
married December 1972
1st daughter Princess Haya May 1974
17 months

King Hussein & Queen Noor
married June 1978
1st son Prince Hamzah March 1980
21 months

King Abdullah & Queen Rania
married June 1993
1st son Prince Hussain June 1994
12 months

I know that when it comes to Monaco :

HSH Prince Ranier III and Grace Patricia Kelly
Married: April 1957
First Child: HSH Princess Caroline
Born: exactly 9 months almost to the day her parents were married....

Chanel

No, Grace Kelly married to Prince Rainier in April of 1956, not in 1957.
And Princess Caroline was born in 23 January of 1957.:)

9 months and four days...

You are right mafan.....she was lucky in that too

... And again Monaco

Caroline and Stefano
married: 29th December 1983
Andrea: born the 8th June 1984... erm...:confused::confused::confused:

Stephanie and Daniel Ducruet
marrid: July 1995

Louis: born the 16th November 1992
Pauline: born the 4th May 1994... aiaiaiai...:shock:

Stephanie and Gottlieb(???)

Camille: born july 1998 - No marrige :eek::eek::eek:

Only of Grimaldi Family??? I'm a born biographer of a lot of other Families!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Btw, Princess Antoinette of Monaco was born 9 months and 9 days after her parents' wedding.
Andrea was born 5 months and 11 days after Caroline and Stefano's wedding.

Only of Grimaldi Family??? I'm a born biographer of a lot of other Families!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Btw, Princess Antoinette of Monaco was born 9 months and 9 days after her parents' wedding.
Andrea was born 5 months and 11 days after Caroline and Stefano's wedding.

No, Dear MAfan, you got me wrong, you are a pro in everything!:lol:

IMO, Princess Caroline's first child was a special for her, maybe as he was her first, though we all know she has been always a great mother.
When you see the photos of a new-born baby, Andrea, you test your best emotions, I can say the same thing about Princess Grace's children photos.:previous:

It's interesting,but were there any cases in the royal families in our century(I mean XX and from 2000 till the present) when the first child was born in 10 (or more) years after the marriage?Or were there any royal couples without any children?

I can't think to any royal couple whose eldest child was born 10 or more years after the wedding; however, the late Duke and Duchess of Gloucester had their eldest son William 6 years after their wedding (wedding on 6 November 1935, birth of Prince William on 18 December 1941).

There were some royal couples childless; i.e. King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of the Belgians, King Gustaf VI Adolf and Queen Louise of Sweden, King George II and Queen Elisabeth of Greece, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Prince Ludwig and Princess Margaret of Hesse-Darmstadt.

I can't think to any royal couple whose eldest child was born 10 or more years after the wedding; however, the late Duke and Duchess of Gloucester had their eldest son William 6 years after their wedding (wedding on 6 November 1935, birth of Prince William on 18 December 1941).

There were some royal couples childless; i.e. King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of the Belgians, King Gustaf VI Adolf and Queen Louise of Sweden, King George II and Queen Elisabeth of Greece, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Prince Ludwig and Princess Margaret of Hesse-Darmstadt.

If you o back King Louis XIV. of France was born when his parents where married for over 20 years.

Crown Princely Couples (Europe):

Philippe & Mathilde and Willem-Alexander & Maxima: 1 year, 10 months
Frederik & Mary and Felipe & Letizia: 1 year, 5 months
Haakon & Mette-Marit: 2 years, 5 months

If the royal is an heir to the throne, the first born child is usually born within the first couple of years of marriage. Usually though it's within a year to a year and a half.

Prince Charles and Princess Diana Married 1981, Prince William born 1982 is one example.

Brunei

Crown Prince Billah & Crown Princess Sarah
Wedding: 9.Sept.2004
First-born child: 17.Mar.2007

2 years and 6 months

Morocco

King Mohammed VI & Princess Lalla Salma
Wedding: 21.Mar.2002
First-born child: 8.May.2003

1 year and 2 months

There is a noticeable difference between the modern Catholic Royals and the modern Protestant/Orthodox royals... I guess the Catholic royals are, indeed, adhering to birth control doctrines it seems!

That would be the one thing that would turn me off from marrying a royal. It'd be nice to just spend some time as husband and wife, getting to know one another a little better, I think. But that's just me!

Getting to know your intended a "little better" is what courtship is for.

Philippe and Mathilde --> Marriage 04 dec 1999, birth Elisabeth 25 oct 2001 --> 1 Year and 10 months. Mathilde was 28 years old.

Willem Alexander and Maxima --> Marriage 02 feb 2002, birth Amalie 07 dec 2003 --> 1 Year and 10 months. Maxima was 32 years old.

Haakon and Mette-Marit --> Marriage 25 aug 2001, Birth Ingrid Alexandra 21 jan 2004 --> 2 years and 05 months. Mette Marit was 28 years old.

Frederik and Mary --> Marriage 14 mei 2004, birth Christian 15 okt 2005 --> 1 year and 05 months. Mary was 33 years old.

Felipe and Letizia --> Marriage 22 mei 2004, Birth Leonor 31 okt 2005 --> 1 year and 05 months. Letizia was 33 years old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom