Fighting Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have same opinion, we can't just see something happen outside and then give the conclusion like that, maybe outside we see Queen Elizabeth II does not attend the European Royals Events such as Weddings or Funerals or Jubilees of Queen Beatrix,... but it does not mean they don't like each other, Queen Elizabeth II might have some reasons that make she could not attend,i have read some books that some friends or people close to The Queen said that outside people can think the Queen is a cold person but personally she isa shy person and also really funny,like she likes joking,...I read that from the book "Elizabeth-Fifty Glorious Year" and it as a really fantastic book from The Queen's Jubilee year. So maybe in privately, they can have contact, or enjoy parties, or anything else with each other,how can we know,and the paparazzi not always go following them all the times.
Like before some of us often think that The Queen and Princess Diana did not like each other but from a Diary of Princess Diana's mother just published by a journalist who have talked to her, said that the late Lady dismissed the contention between The Queen and Princess Diana.She said they had the mutual respects and admiration.

Sean.~ said:
His lordships sources (whether aristocratic or otherwise) are wrong. Queen Elizabeth and Queen Beatrix are not closely related by blood. Neither are Queens Margarethe and Beatrix or Margarethe and Elizabeth (although the latter are more closely related than Beatrix is to either of them).

I do not think it is polite to point out and tell someone their sources are wrong when they are making a comment and not quoting a book, scripture, or fact.

Unless we are members of any royal family, none of us will truly, ever know how they all really feel about each other unless they themselves profess it.

I have read some of your previous posts and find your responses a bit harsh.

Some context

I would just point out here that the member known as His Lordship (who Sean is responding to in his post) was banned from the TRF due to his aggressive behaviour towards members, publicly (across various threads) and especially privately. Sean's post should be read in the context where His Lordship was starting to rub many members the wrong way.

Speaking generally, members have their own styles of communicating via a keyboard. Specifically, from my own experience in TRF, one can sometimes misjudge the tone of a post (or member) due to particular writing or phrasing.

Warren
Royal Forums SuperModerator

Lady Marmalade said:
I do not think it is polite to point out and tell someone their sources are wrong when they are making a comment and not quoting a book, scripture, or fact.
Unless we are members of any royal family, none of us will truly, ever know how they all really feel about each other unless they themselves profess it.
I have read some of your previous posts and find your responses a bit harsh.

Ohh...I was not aware of that. Thank you.

Question: Does Queen Beatrix and her sisters get along and have a close relationship?

As far as I know they all get along just fine. Irene and Christina have gone off to do their own things. so since their lives are so different now, Beatrix is not very close to them anymore.

It was always rumored that Irene badly wanted to be a queen. that was part of why she married Carlos-Hugo: in the hope of becoming Queen of Spain. but I think she's gotten over that. she's even dropped her royal title.

Beatrix and Margriet are very close. As they are both full-time royals, I'm sure they have a lot to talk about. Beatrix often expresses her gratitude for Margriet's work. She once said that Margriet is someone on whom you can "always depend."

Now that is wonderful.

It also appears Queen M of Denmark has excellent relationships with both of her sisters. They always look so comfortable in each other's presence.

I would love to know what Princess Anne thinks of Camilla, given her friendship with Andrew Parker Bowles and everyone knows there was no love lost between her and Diana.

Camilla and and Princess Anne are friends. Prince Charles and Princess Anne have the same circle of friends because they both like the fox hunt. I believe they are all still on good terms with Andrew Parker-Bowles.

Well that is good to know. I know Anne and Andrew had some sort of relationship before Camilla so that is good to know they get on as sisters-in-law now.

I was surprised to learn that Andrew Parker Bowles is also Zarah Phillips' godfather.

iowabelle said:
I was surprised to learn that Andrew Parker Bowles is also Zarah Phillips' godfather.

Andrew Parker-Bowles dated Princess Anne in his early adulthood. It has also been said that Anne was who he ran to after his open marriage to Camilla had collapsed.

Lady Marmalade said:
Now that is wonderful.
It also appears Queen M of Denmark has excellent relationships with both of her sisters. They always look so comfortable in each other's presence.
yeah, it's just like a fairy tale. Once upon a time a king had three beautiful daughters...

Attachments

• attachment.JPG
    attachment.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator:
Incas said:
I remember reading an interview by a man who worked in Edward's company. He said Edward never stalked William. According to him, crew from the production company, and Edward was not even with them, happened to be in St Andrews area taking scenery shots for a documentary. Since most of the press were asked to leave St Andrews after the photocall on William's first day, they pounced on the presence of Edward's crew as a story. Edward was even going to have a press conference about the sequence of events but BP stopped him from doing that.

I heard that also. & also that it was Charels PR person at that time that was helping planting stories of edward. So to put edward in a bad light & to help boost charles image. Remember, I think edward had just married & was alone( technically) at the time. So edward was getting more good press. & Edward was stopped from giving the REAL FACTS of the so called stalking case. The FIRM wanted to story done with. Had edward told his side it would not look good for charles. Eventhough, charles had notingto do with the stories, he sure did nothing to set the record straight. he left his brother to hang in the wind & look bad. & pretty much after that edward left the Tv world behind. which I thougt was sad. Here in the states on our PBS station he had his series running on. I enjoyed it& thought it interesting. & then that mess with sophie talk about being set up. Both her & edward were moved to the Back of the bus as far as being able to do their own thing.

Marengo said:
Wasnt this entire thing blown up/invented by the former spindoctor of the PoW, Mark Bolland?

Thank you I couldn't remember his name. But, SPin Doctor is right.

Mark Bolland would have done anything at the time to ensure Prince Charles looked like a saint, including sabotaging his own family. The man took no prisoners.

Lady Marmalade said:
Mark Bolland would have done anything at the time to ensure Prince Charles looked like a saint, including sabotaging his own family. The man took no prisoners.

Mark Bolland and Michael Fawcett are two of the biggest brown nosers to ever walk the planet!!

Queens said:
I know that most royals houses are related through family or are close knitted friends and get along well with each other... But I wanted to know if there are any royal members that don't get along with each other for example Prince of Wales and Princess Micheal..... have there also being fights among royals like the 2 Italian cousins who fought at Felipe's wedding...

All royals are pretty tight and they don't diss about each other ..and any news would be hard to find...except for divorce..... so if any one has any news about this please mention it below.... and if it also gossip just mention it to...

thanks Q
The Spanish Royal Family and The British Royal Family over the ownership of Gibraltar.

Although I'm not aware if it has any credability, at all, I have read (even here on this forum) that the British & Swedish royals share a somewhat strained relationship of sorts?

Can anyone provide anything that is likey to support such gossip? Or is it a case of 'unsaid acknowledgement' that things aren't rosy?

srivishnu said:
The Spanish Royal Family and The British Royal Family over the ownership of Gibraltar.

Possibly make interesting the relations between the Spaniards and British I would think. Duke of Edinburgh being first cousin once removed (?) of Queen Sophia :ermm:

As somebody has already said in this forum we can only guess how members of differents royal and princely family react privately being in company of memebr of another royal house. As regards the spanish and british royal family taking into consideration several photos one could say that their relationship is at least good. I rememeber one old photo posted in some forum which showed the whole spanish royal family with Prince Charles, Princess Diana and their children. It was a summer photo. King Juan Carlos was holding little Wiliam (or Harry) on his knees- it was a sign of close relationship and acceptancy,not of hostility.

Genevieve said:
I don't think Princess Anne was very fond of Diana and Fergie, especially at the end as they were both dragging the name of the royal family (Anne's family) through the mud with all their scandals.

Actually, the Priness Royal would often lend support to Diana during the marriage. Fergie though, I'm not sure :flowers:

I read somewhere (I think it was on this board) that Queen Elizabeth doesn't like Queen Beatrix

I've never heard nor seen anything to support this :flowers: They seem to get on well, or so I have thought.

Last edited:
zarat said:
As somebody has already said in this forum we can only guess how members of differents royal and princely family react privately being in company of memebr of another royal house. As regards the spanish and british royal family taking into consideration several photos one could say that their relationship is at least good. I rememeber one old photo posted in some forum which showed the whole spanish royal family with Prince Charles, Princess Diana and their children. It was a summer photo. King Juan Carlos was holding little Wiliam (or Harry) on his knees- it was a sign of close relationship and acceptancy,not of hostility.

At no time have I stated anything, or even thought anything, to be fact apart from what is credible.

I have seen the photos of the Waleses and Bourbon's thank you zarat, but this was some time after the 'initial' Gibraltar issue. Didn't the King & Queen not attend the Wedding of the Prince and Princess of Wales because of the 'stalemate'?

So if relations are restored now then that's great, but there seems to have been a period of time when things weren't so cosy which isn't unusual when considering Spanish/English history.lol. :)

Madame Royale said:
Actually, the Priness Royal would often lend support to Diana during the marriage. .

What kind of support did Anne give Diana? That would be most interesting to hear.

ysbel said:
What kind of support did Anne give Diana?

Gyles Brandreth makes mention in his book (which was published and written with the consent of both Philip & Elizabeth) Philip And Elizabeth - Portrait of a Marriage, that Anne did infact lend some support to Diana during the turbulent years.

If you haven't invested in a copy, I think its worth doing so.

An interesting read.

Madame Royale said:
Gyles Brandreth makes mention in his book (which was published and written with the consent of both Philip & Elizabeth) Philip And Elizabeth - Portrait of a Marriage, that Anne did infact lend some support to Diana during the turbulent years.

If you haven't invested in a copy, I think its worth doing so.

An interesting read.

i remember reading somewhere that the media was responsible for the "anne doesn't like diana" rumour and that they were indeed friendly but didn't have anything in common.

Reina said:
Also Princesses Stephanie and Caroline

wow...i didn't know this. this is sad considering they're the only 2 women in this immediate family.

Well, dear members, this thread is priceless!! Given the tiffs and sniffs going on on this thread over a series of rumoured tiffs and sniffs, except of course for one Italianate bloodletting, among our royal betters can we begin to see that people are just behaving like people. Some are children who have never grown up. some have their trigger points which is just best not to touch and others are just of all kinds of personalities and then there are the usual misunderstandings and miscommunications, not to mention egos and sensitivities. I myself thought I was actually complementing a member for her work and lo and behold an explostion of wrath, you would have thought I offered the most insulting remark in the world.

As for a sense of humour, I have learned the hard way that the human race really does not have one. I have gotten into more trouble over saying something funny, and it usually is quite funny, indeed, dare I say witty, but some people just do not and will not get a joke. I would refer you to Till Eulenspiegel, (a good excuse to go listen to R. Strauss).

Frankly, given the history of the countries and families cited, I would take the shennanigans here to the REAL royal knock down drag outs any day of the week. This is entertainment and almost fun! But the greatest family quarrel in the history of the world???
YOu guessed it, was WORLD WAR I, which of course let to WWII, the Russian Revolution, the Cold War etc, etc. These royal tiffs can be dangerous.

Here we have only some rather unfortunate elderly duke knocked down with a bloody nose-of course falling into the arms of the wonderful Anne Marie could almost make it worth it-but in WWI some 25 million, yes people 25,000,000 people were killed, gassed, bombed, shot or other wise murdered. Then there was the Russian Revolution. No WWI, a Michael II or Alexander V or some such would still be Czar of all the Russias. So there we are. Cheers.

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think it was because Prince Henrik was Frence and a bit snobbis and because Prince Richard are German and a bit sparingly but i don´t know it has alwayse been a roumor her in Denmark.

Ok venthough I am from Denmark I have never heard that rumor. The only thing I have heard was that queen Ingrid didnt like Richard very much first because he was German (That I have from an interwieve with Benedikte)

sara1981 said:
how about Royals who been fighting with the paparazzi when taking pictures

like Princess Diana been mostly photographer in the globe she told paparazzi when she taking skiing at Lech in 1992 and 1997 at St. tropez when she taking her boys for her last day vacation with her new lover Dodi Fayed.

have any Royals who been fighting with Royals of paparazzi same Prince Harry pushed with paparazzi month ago and got cut with lip.

please post all those pictures!

Sara Boyce
The British Royal Family often fights / argues with the paparazzi.

I heard of Prince Enerst-August and Prince Harry fighting with the paparazzi before and also heard that Prince William cursed out a paparazzi one time when was going hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom