Fighting Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be cool

His Lordship said:
Wow Genevieve...you must be a real authority to tell me something is just my perception. We are all here to profess our thoughts, not to so rudely correct others. Let's remember that Genevieve.
We all have our own perceptions and opinions, based on our own outlooks, favourite interests, and different sources. On this Forum there are people from all over the world with different views, and more importantly, different ways of expressing them.

We are all going to be "corrected" at some stage, rightly or wrongly, and I think we should accept it in good grace and not take it personally. Questioning a fact or point of view is not questioning you as a person.

Last point to keep in mind: it's all in the tone. Best to keep it friendly. As we all share an interest in things Royal we have something in common. This is what connects us.

:) :)

I dont know if it's same in west but in our culture u'd only see very low class people fighting physically,i think it's a shame for those royals who did such a thing in a wedding.
and about MT if my mother in law had called me "dirty that"i intended not to see her anymore,what was GD thinking when saying this?she wasnt just some ordinary mother in law not going on with her inlaws...

she called her (there were different things said by different sources), "la petite cubana", "la niggerita", etc. plus she was said to have spread other rumors around luxembourg and the surrounding areas about "henri's infidelities". etc. as a result of years of mistreatment on j-c's part, mt cracked, hence her calling an "off the record" press conference. there's more info on this in the luxembourg sub-thread.

also, Di called Sophie a "goody two shoes" and was talking to Fergie about how the press never gives Sophie a hard time and She and Fergie had. I think she was a bit jelouse of her due to the fact that Sophie seems to be accepted more easily.

Apparently there's lots of in-fighting in the Jordanian Royal Family.

Australian, there's on actual "proof" so it's all rumour but apparently Rania and Noor cannot stand each other. King Hussein's children from his marriage to Queen Alia (Ali, Haya and Abir) apparently dislike Queen Noor becuase she was cold towards them when she married King Hussein. Then there's King Hussein's brother King Hassan and his wfie Priness Sarvath who really dislike Noor........

As I said before, it's all rumours with no concrete evidence one way or the other.

Warren said:
Haven't heard of either parts of this one before. To my knowledge there was never any sort of relationship between Princess Anne and Prince Gustav and I have never read that E II R had any plans for a dynastic marriage for her daughter. The only rumours of dynastic plans were those involving Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg, who allegedly Queen Elizabeth thought would be an appropriate consort for the Prince of Wales.

Also I have never read that there is any sort of "frission" between the Queens of GB and Sweden.

There was also talk about Charles and Caroline of Monaco. Obviously, just talk since Charles wouldn't marry a Catholic. Besides, at the time she seemed so much younger than him -- this was about 1976. (Why couldn't Diana have gotten that message.) And when they met, they really didn't care for each other.

I have been doing some reading on Princess Viktoria Luise, daughter of the last Kaiser and grandmother to Ernst August of Hanover and of Sofia of Spain and Irene and Constantine of Greece. Apparently, she and her children really argued over the estate left behind by her husband the Duke of Hanover. I think Queen Fredrika and some of her siblings initiated legal action against their mother. Anybody know about this?

Originally Posted by Warren
Haven't heard of either parts of this one before. To my knowledge there was never any sort of relationship between Princess Anne and Prince Gustav and I have never read that E II R had any plans for a dynastic marriage for her daughter. The only rumours of dynastic plans were those involving Princess Marie Astrid of Luxembourg, who allegedly Queen Elizabeth thought would be an appropriate consort for the Prince of Wales.

Also I have never read that there is any sort of "frission" between the Queens of GB and Sweden.

iowabelle said:
There was also talk about Charles and Caroline of Monaco. Obviously, just talk since Charles wouldn't marry a Catholic. Besides, at the time she seemed so much younger than him -- this was about 1976. (Why couldn't Diana have gotten that message.) And when they met, they really didn't care for each other.

I heard about Anne and Carl in the early seventies when he was still Crown Prince. Apparently they were introduced to see if they had any interest in each other but they obviously didn't and the matter ended there. It wasn't that unusual for the Queen to have her daughter introduced to a royal back then. She herself married a former Prince of Greece. Now such matchmaking would seem strange.

The press were the only ones putting Charles and Caroline together. His valet who was the first to write a tell-all book about Charles and Diana after they were married mentioned Charles and Caroline meeting and said that Caroline was not the type of beauty that Charles was normally attracted to. He preferred the fair rosy cheeked English complexion rather than a Mediterranean beauty.

As for the relationship between the three queens, I am not talking about personal visits or cups of tea, I am talking about the common bond they share for right now of being closely blood related and being the only queens right now on thrones who have inherited them outright.

Please do not feel the need to make superior driven comments against what I have written.

I tell plain facts...not perceptions as you call them.

I did not say P and JC were fighting...I said there was tension at the time due to the Gibralter issue going on when Diana and Charles married.

By the way, for anyone who asks, I get my information not from gossip magazines or website, but from thoroughly researched news, archives, books and from aristocracy in Europe who are related to me.

His lordships sources (whether aristocratic or otherwise) are wrong. Queen Elizabeth and Queen Beatrix are not closely related by blood. Neither are Queens Margarethe and Beatrix or Margarethe and Elizabeth (although the latter are more closely related than Beatrix is to either of them).

Genevieve said:
I have never heard of a close relationship between Queen Elizabeth and Queen Beatrix. I have heard that Queen Margrethe does pay an occasional private visit to Queen Elizabeth when she is in London shopping but I have not heard that they have a friendship. I think their relationship, which is different from a friendship, is based on their mutual roles, but I do not believe that Queen Elizabeth is good friends with either of these women.

Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja of Norway are good friends. They telephone each other often.

Maybe there is not a very close relationship between Queen Beatrix and Queen Elisabeth II but Queen Beatrix pays private visits to her british colegue. I believe she was even at Balmoral in 1997 when news came in that the princess of Wales died.

saxon said:
I read somewhere (I think it was on this board) that Queen Elizabeth doesn't like Queen Beatrix

This may be something to do with a survey taken a few years ago. The Windsors were not too popular at the time and people wanted a change in the way the monarchy was run. They wanted a more modern style monarchy and when people were asked what kind of monarch Elizabeth should be the majority said "more like Queen Beatrix." It was reported that Elizabeth was fuming. Beatrix is very popular in Scotland where we like a down to earth type of monarch and she is seen as the ideal Queen. Elizabeth is seen as being too aloof and too English. I remember 3 or 4 years ago being on a bus traveling in to Edinburgh city centre. The traffic had come to a halt and nothing was moving, everyone was getting a bit annoyed at the hold up and the driver called his control station to find out what the hold up was. When he told us that it was a royal visit that just made things worse. Then a policeman spoke to the driver and he turned and announced "It's the Queen of the Netherlands" all at once everyone calmed down. One lady spoke for evrybody when she said "Oh that's alright then, I thought it was one of those buggers from London."

Last edited:
About Queen Noor and Rania, atleast publicly Noor has often praised Rania.
Everytime she's on Larry King, Larry asks her about Rania and the rumours of tension between them and Noor denies them. She has also praised the work Rania does, last time referring to Rania on Larry King she said something along the lines of "she's beautiful, she's a great mother" etc.
As for the truth of the matter, we can only speculate.

Also the rumours of tension between Queen Noor and Prince Hassan and his wife Sarvath, seem to have been exaggerated. If there was any tension around the time of King Hussein's death, it seems to have dissipated.
Queen Noor was at the recent wedding of Princess Badiya, Prince Hassan's daughter. Which is interesting because she wasn't at the wedding of Princess Haya nor her brother Ali.
So the relationship with the el-Hassan's seems to have improved. Both husband and wife seem to me to be the sensible sort and not the kind to hold a grudge.

Last edited:
Could anyone tell me or has a pic of the Duke of Aosta, the one caught fighting with Prince Vittorio Emmanuele at CP Felipe and Letizia Wedding Rep.

Anyway I think that was disgraceful fighting at a wedding and a state one at that. But lets face it there not royal anymore.

royal005 said:
Anyway I think that was disgraceful fighting at a wedding and a state one at that. But lets face it there not royal anymore.

I would say they are still royal, just not ruling. They still have royal blood in them even if they are not a ruling house. Once a royal family is exiled or overthrown by a republic doesnt mean they are not royal anymore, just not ruling thats all.

Duke of Aosta

royal005 said:
Could anyone tell me or has a pic of the Duke of Aosta, the one caught fighting with Prince Vittorio Emmanuele at CP Felipe and Letizia Wedding Rep. Anyway I think that was disgraceful fighting at a wedding and a state one at that. But lets face it there not royal anymore.
Here is a pic of Amedeo, Duke d'Aosta, and his son Prince Aimone (source unknown). The Duke is very Royal, and was not fighting. He was struck by Victor Emanuel who quickly left the wedding reception in disgrace, while remaining guests attended to the bleeding Duke.

Attachments

• Aosta Duke Amedeo & Prince Aimone 2004.jpg
    Aosta Duke Amedeo & Prince Aimone 2004.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,005
have there been sibling figthing like:

- Caroline and Stephine of Monaco
- Charles and Edward (stalking William incident)

anymore?

Queens

Queens said:
- Charles and Edward (stalking William incident)
I remember reading an interview by a man who worked in Edward's company. He said Edward never stalked William. According to him, crew from the production company, and Edward was not even with them, happened to be in St Andrews area taking scenery shots for a documentary. Since most of the press were asked to leave St Andrews after the photocall on William's first day, they pounced on the presence of Edward's crew as a story. Edward was even going to have a press conference about the sequence of events but BP stopped him from doing that.

Incas said:
I remember reading an interview by a man who worked in Edward's company. He said Edward never stalked William. According to him, crew from the production company, and Edward was not even with them, happened to be in St Andrews area taking scenery shots for a documentary. Since most of the press were asked to leave St Andrews after the photocall on William's first day, they pounced on the presence of Edward's crew as a story. Edward was even going to have a press conference about the sequence of events but BP stopped him from doing that.

I have heard this instance got totally blow out of proportion by the media, that Edward, Charles, and William worked it out just fine.

Incas said:

oh yeah!

i dont think so! but the Earl of Wessex would have stalker at Prince Charles! but Prince William told his Uncle to leave St.Andrews because he wont wanted films his Uncle's company i understand why but i think between Prince Charles and Edward "Brothers" and Countess of Wessex told Edward for apologies what Edward did! in the taboilds and also Magazine too!

but mostly of my favourite but i hates to read about Princess Diana's accident in Paris,France but i dont like police or detecive to ask question how Diana got accident! but i hates to heard about that often in the television and newspaper! and also London Bomb too i dont like terrorist!

Sara Boyce

tiaraprin said:
I have heard this instance got totally blow out of proportion by the media, that Edward, Charles, and William worked it out just fine.

Wasnt this entire thing blown up/invented by the former spindoctor of the PoW, Mark Bolland?

I thought I remember seeing photos of Maxima and Alexander fighting with paparazzi.

Princess Caroline filed a lawsuit against them and it supposedly changed the whole way for paparazi's to do their job

I heard that there is a photo of Princess Martha Louise giving the paparazzi the finger in London when she was younger. Does anyone have that? I think the photos you mean Planetcher are from when Maxima and WA were in Aregntina.

I do not agree Sean. I think that all of the queens in Europe have close bonds with each other. What we must remember is that none of us know them personally and who knows if and when they make personal, off the record, never recorded, visits to each other? None of us do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom