Emotional Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri M. said:
I need to fight the idea which has settled in this thread as if Queen Beatrix was so overly emotional etc.

I have never seen Queen Beatrix crying.
Never.

I think she was crying durinf Prince Claus` funeral. :ermm:
She looked so extremely sad. :sad:

Here's a picture:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4479/30505535nm.jpg
(originally posted by PrincessBeatrix, source: N24Online)

Her_Majesty said:
I think she was crying durinf Prince Claus` funeral. :ermm:
She looked so extremely sad. :sad:

Here's a picture:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4479/30505535nm.jpg
(originally posted by PrincessBeatrix, source: N24Online)

Yes she was sad. The whole nation suddenly saw their so distant Queen as a vulnerable lady of flesh and blood. But the picture you saw was 0.000001 millisecond of a zooming-in lense, almost begging please, please, give us a tear....

I'm sure the Queen has cried, maybe even embraced the coffin, when she has followed it downstairs, there in the royal vaults. But that was private. No one has seen the last farewell there downstairs the churchfloor. The Mayor of Delft (Guardian of the Royal Vaults) closed the entrance and the last proceedings were private. The people in the church and in their homes (watching TV) heard the choir, we saw overviews of the church, all awaiting the Queen to return back from the vault.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
Yes she was sad. The whole nation suddenly saw their so distant Queen as a vulnerable lady of flesh and blood. But the picture you saw was 0.000001 millisecond of a zooming-in lense, almost begging please, please, give us a tear....

I'm sure the Queen has cried, maybe even embraced the coffin, when she has followed it downstairs, there in the royal vaults. But that was private. No one has seen the last farewell there downstairs the churchfloor. The Mayor of Delft (Guardian of the Royal Vaults) closed the entrance and the last proceedings were private. The people in the church and in their homes (watching TV) heard the choir, we saw overviews of the church, all awaiting the Queen to return back from the vault.

I would cry very hard if I was her. She had lost the man she loved, the father of her children, her support and good friend. How hard it must have been to have been forced to share that private moment with with the world. How sad

hornsen said:
Charles and Camilla at El Alamein paying tribute to friends of Camillas`father
March 06

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/hornsen/5day8.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/hornsen/5day10.jpg

getty images

It is so wonderful to see members of the venerable British Royal family showing their emotion, their sadness, and tears. I know we saw some sadness at Princess Diana's Funeral, but, well, they sometimes seem almost superhuman. I know they must cry or whatever in private, but to see them feel that in public, where we can feel it, is wonderful.

...JuAnItA... said:
Very touching! Thank you very much Her_Majesty! :flowers:

BTW, who is Princess Ragnhild? :blush:
You're welcome.
Princess Ragnhild is the eldest sister of King Harald; the first daughter of Olav and Märtha.

Her_Majesty said:
You're welcome.
Princess Ragnhild is the eldest sister of King Harald; the first daughter of Olav and Märtha.
:blush: Thank you very much! :flowers:
One more question how closed is she to King Harald's family?

Thanks in advance :flowers:

...JuAnItA... said:
:blush: Thank you very much! :flowers:
One more question how closed is she to King Harald's family?

Thanks in advance :flowers:
Princess Ragnhild and her family live in Brasil, so they mostly attend at only bigger events... but I think the whole family is quite close.

I won't soon forget the distraught emotions that Princess Stephanie of Monaco could not hide at her father's funeral. Of course her brother and sister also cried at times at the funeral but Princess Stephanie's emotion was the most dramatic and (seemingly) transparent. It seemed to me like a woman who had some regret about unsaid words or lack of closure.:sad:

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Vicomtesse,I don not think like you say.I'm sure that Her Majesty also cried when Princess Diana died but not in public.

I totally agree with you. I've watched many documentaries on Queen Elizabeth II and her relationship with Princess Diana. Her Majesty really liked her even if sometimes they didn't agree. In a video someone said that Elizabeth saw her as " a joyful and attaching woman that could make laugh easily ". And I think Charles was also devasted by the news.

I think that's unfair

Scott said:
The tears were sentimental tears as "Britannia" must have held a lot of memories for all members of the Royal Family. But like you I would have considered Diana to be more important that the yacht.

Scott

It's easy to let a sentimental tear slip through. I think the BRF have all been brought up to have a 'stiff upper lip' when it comes to showing real emotion. It can be really easy for a few tears to become a torrent of tears in an extremely emotional moment. You have to hold them all back or you will lose control. Also, sometimes grief is beyond tears. I didn't cry at my brother's funeral. I didn't cry about it for over 5 years.

The death of someone over 100 years old is not tragic

BeatrixFan said:
I thought it was remarkable when Princess Anne and the Countess of Wessex did a walk-about along the line of those who queued to pay their respects to the Queen Mother. Princess Anne was obviously upset but she laughed with the crowds and generally made everyone feel that it was going to be alright. When I think of how Britain reacted to the Queen Mother's death, it makes me feel quite proud. We didn't go into hysterics but we realised we'd lost one of the most important figures of our time. It sounds silly to say, but even now I miss seeing the Queen Mother with her trademark hats and wave.

When someone young dies, it is tragic - too soon - and usually a surprise. I'm sure the whole RF was saddened by the Queen Mum's death, but it was not unexpected. Families can know that the suffering of their loved one is over, and take an opportunity to celebrate a life well-lived.

The pictures of Letizia crying after her sister's death were really touching. :cry:
I think everyone of us felt sorry for her and her family.

Mette-Marit during the church ceremony for Harald's birthday:
Mette crying
MM seems to be a very emotional woman who gets touched and moved very easy. :rolleyes:

Very moved on her wedding-day: Picture
Listening to the wedding speech: Picture
Picture2

Last edited:
I remember watching the tapes of both Monaco royal funerals of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier III. Both times the royal family looked very sad I think it was harder for them to lose Grace than Rainier being she was still fairly young and beautiful. Even though Rainier outlived Grace by many years it is still hard for all three of their children Caroline, Albert and Stephanie. At times Caroline looked as she was going to faint then Stephanie too. My grandfather had died a week before their father died I hoped and prayed he would live but he had died. Andrea, Charloette and Pierre too looked sad walking behind their grandfather's coffin I too know what that feels like.

Last edited:
irishchic5 said:
I don't think it's fair to call people in mourning too emotional. If they weren't royal, they would be able to mourn in private like everyone else. I find it sad that they are forced to live out their grief in the public eye in such a way.

Whenever I see this pics of Prince Claus' funeral, I feel really sorry for Willem-Alexander... poor man, I guess he's always carried this "you-will-be-king-behave-as-one" weight on his shoulders... and I truly believe he's got so many emotions restricted ... that's why marrying Máxima did him a great good.

The first great tragedy of Prince Charles' life was the murder of his beloved greatuncle Lord Mountbatten. I read that on the day of the funeral, Prince Phillip goaded Charles at lunch so that he would burst into tears then and have a suitable calm demeanour at the funeral.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned Prince Frederik's tears!

Prince Phillip goaded Charles at lunch so that he would burst into tears then and have a suitable calm demeanour at the funeral.

That is so sadistic of him. Really, it's no wonder he talks to plants.

hillary_nugent said:
A member of this forum who claims to be royal told me there is a rule against royals showing emotion in public which was established by Queen Victoria of England...is that true?

I don't know whether it was actually a rule, but Queen Victoria certainly considered dignity and composure as key values for royals, and taught her sons and grandsons on it. Five of her granddaughters ended up being Queens or Empresses (Alexandra of Russia, Maria of Rumania, Victoria of Spain, Matilde of Norway and Sofia of Greece) and in their memoires and biographies, there is always some reference to these "Victorian values".

Video: Side 2 (click on the picture to watch the video)

Märtha was holding a Speech for her father and was moved to tears. She also moved her mother to tears (and I think I remember pictures of Máxima with tears in her eyes... even if she doesn't speak norwegian ;) ).

Mascha said:
Some more sad pics of Juan Carlos and Sofia on various occasions...

1. funeral of a family member (?)

2,3,4. funeral for the Spanish soldiers who died in a plane crash on the way back to Spain from Afghanistan.

5. Juan Carlos and Sofia in Greece at the cemetery where her parents are burried.

Number 1 was the funeral of Doña María de las Mercedes

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
Video: Side 2 (click on the picture to watch the video)

Märtha was holding a Speech for her father and was moved to tears. She also moved her mother to tears (and I think I remember pictures of Máxima with tears in her eyes... even if she doesn't speak norwegian ;) ).

Great video! These are all powerful pictures. It's a good reminder that Royals have feelings like everybody else.

I think Maxima may have been crying because of pregnancy hormones.

In the documentary about Mary, when she talks about her mother she starts crying, then she jokes and says "Does it look like I've been crying" and the answer was "Yes".

YouTube - Mary Elizabeth Donaldson - part 2

This is the YouTube link.

Don't be so hard with Prince Charles...I saw him really moved in Lady Diana's funeral. You may easily notice how sad he was. His children where also distroyed...How not too? They didn't cry, but their faces told how sad they felt.

I know some people that whithout being royal, doesn't cry at the moment of the tragedy or even in funerals, but that could easily burst into tears some time after and whithout an apparent cause. Life is not that simple...

Oh, by the way. I was remembering an Argentinian soap-opera who was entitled: "Rich people also cryes"...This could easily related to this thread! :lol:

Vanesa.

if we are talking aboout royals showing Emotional in public there was a photo of proncess madeleine at the fund racing for the tsunami on swedish television

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom