Careers For The Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freedom

Nobility
City
Miami
Country
United States
If royals were not occupied by royal duties, what career do you think they would have?

Originally posted by Freedom@Jul 1st, 2004 - 12:07 pm
If royals were not occupied by royal duties, what career do you think they would have?
This is hard to answer, because you don´t say, if they would be then Royals (like e.g. the Royals without a throne...the Greeks/ the Italians...) or if they would be lower/middle/upper class people...this would then influence their decision as well (lower class kids have less possibilities than upper class!)

But to guess a few professions/careers for our Royals:
Cp Haakon: teacher (primary school or junior high school)
Cp Willem Alexander: Pilot (he already is one, but then he probably would do this full time)
Cp Charles: farmer (the same like Willem Alexander...then full time)
Cp Victoria: keeper in a zoo

Lena, I love your answers!

As for interpreting the question, it's up to you. However, I had originally meant what would the royals do if they were 'not' royal.

Thanks for answering Lena. :flower:

princesses

letizia: journalist, as before
maxima: economist, as before
mathilde: maybe teacher, she is so sweet
mette marit: student at university, waitress as before
mary: lawyer
victoria: she would work in some organization for eating disorders
madelaine: model, for sure :)... maybe designer also
alexandra: i imagine her doing something related to marketing in a big enterprise
cristina: working with disabled people
elena: teacher... she already has a school :)
sibilla: economist, lawyer
'ferggie': if she hadn't been royal, she would have been an actress... hehe!

Interesting choices, Carlota...but who knows.
I doubt that cp Victoria would have had eating disorders without being crown princess, so she probably wouldn´t have gotten in touch with eating disorders.

And I think in the case of Mary and Mette-Marit their future would have depended on their future husbands (which then wouldn´t have been Frederik and Haakon- of course ;) ). So my guess is that Mary would be a housewive and/or would work half time...and Mette Marit would have searched for comfort and a stable relationship with a good and working guy anyway...so maybe she would have married a norwegian guy, would be mother of a second child as well and would become later a child minder...I think this would fit to her.
Phew, this grammar form here drives me crazy ;)

H.M. Queen Margrethe II of Denmark would probably be an artist. ;)

princess Mathilde was a speech therapist before her marriage, so I suppose she would still be one if she hadn't married prince Philippe.

fun idea ;)

Victoria of Sweden: a vet
Madeleine: actress/model
Queen Elizabeth II : secretary
Prince Harry: artist
Queen Beatrix: a cook
Letizia: business woman
Felipe: football player (or better basketball with his height)
Cristina of Spain: also professional in sports
Elena of Spain: doctor for children
Fergie: barkeeper
Princess Anne (England): gardener
Maxima: hairdresser
Mathilde of Belgium: kindergarden teacher

:innocent:

Prince Philip UK: butcher or soldier
Laurentien of Netherlands: shop assistant
Alexia of Greece: classical singer (like Cecilia Bartolli)
Sofia of Spain: professor/doctor
Juan Carlos of Spain: film director (like "Godfather")
Prince William UK: dentist
Prince Frederik Denmark: vet or advertising manager
Mary Denmark: cosmetician
Caroline of Monaco: owner of a luxury fashion boutique

Originally posted by Cassya@Jul 1st, 2004 - 3:44 pm
Prince Frederik Denmark: advertising manager
wow.spot on, cassya.

thaT's what i always think frederik would do if he wasn't a CP

Great minds do think alike :p

All good answers.I can see them all doing these things. Except that I see Juan Carlos being the head of a company involved with sailing. Maybe like in charge of one of those teams that do like the America´s Cup. He loves sailing.

"I doubt that cp Victoria would have had eating disorders without being crown princess,"

Unfortunately, probably true. Also for Madeleine. I would say fashion designer.

Hm, Madeleine a fashion designer? The design and fashion world isn´t the easiest to "gain ground"...so what does make you so sure, that she would be good at this? So far we haven´t seen much of her skills??
There I would rather see Margrethe of Denmark...she could be like Vivienne Westwood! Well, she almost is-the Royal version ;)

I was thinking more in the line of handbags or shoes maybe. Not directly clothes. Yes, Daisy and Vivienne were switched at birth! :p

Haakon-A physician (he reminds me of one)
Mette-Marit- a pre-school teacher
Letizia- a corporate lawyer
Felipe-A tennis player
Maxima -an art gallery owner (she said that was her goal)
W-A-a mayor
Frederik- a sports journalist on ESPN
Mary-another pre-school teacher
Prince Philippe-a senator
Mathilde-either a nurse or an elementary school teacher
Princess Alexandra-a UN diplomat
Joachim-a NASCAR racer
Princess Laurentien- another school teacher, perhaps with children who are more challenged.

i read your posts!

if Crown Princess or Princess, Countess, Dutchess what their doing on job before start family.

Late Princess Diana working as Kindgarten Teacher asst in 1980 before she got married to Prince Charles in 1981.

before Sophie got married to Prince Edward she been work as Public Relations but Sophie met Edward in 1993 they together for long time till got married for 5 years but she become Countess of Wessex current.

Sarah Ferguson been work at Gallery museum when she was around her 20's im not sure! or she work at busniess before she got engagement to Prince Andrew in 1986.

but i wanted to be honest which Princess or Crown Princess work before join into the Royal Family.

Sara Boyce

Prince Felipe said once that if were not a prince he would have been either a journalist or an astronomer. Obviously Letizia would be a journalist; she was passionate about her profession.

Infanta Cristina actually does work and has a paid job at the Caixa Foundation. I'm not exatly sure what she does, but it has to do with the arts.

Queen Sofia: wife of a rich and powerful man and philathoprist of the arts
Queen Margrathe: designer
Prince Charles: a professional watercolor painter
Prince Harry: professional polo player
Princess Mathilde: speech therapist
Princess Caroline: director of a foundation
Ernest of Hanover: gigolo
Princess Martha Louise: movie actress
Princess Madeline: model and all around party girl
Prince Frederick: business man

Originally posted by lucys@Jul 1st, 2004 - 6:43 pm
Ernest of Hanover: gigolo
Princess Martha Louise: movie actress
Princess Madeline: model and all around party girl
Just a gigolo?

Anyway, ML. Well, perhaps or an author. If only she´d be a fashion designer but I think
actress would be good.

Q Margrethe: an intellectual, writing books and making illustrations herself.
CP Frederik: teacher for troubled kids, arranging lot of survival-trips (??) etc.
CP Mary: continued her career/working within advertising.
P Joachim: lawyer, employed in a bank
P Alexandra: businesswoman
CP Pavlos: receptionist at a hotel (not to insult him - just thinks, he looks like one)
CP Marie-Chantal: New York jet-setter

Originally posted by Chatleen@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:34 pm
Doesn't Marie-Chantal design clothing for children that she sells in her own stores?

Mary worked in advertising? I'm so confused. I've heard she's a lawyer, that she was a real estate agent and that she worked for Microsoft. Now you say advertising? Which was it?

Pavlos as a hotel manager is funny.

Any ideas for the Kings and Queens of Norway and Sweden?

Prince Charles - Professional Soldier
Prince Andrew - Naval Officer
Queen Elizabeth - Country Farmer's wife
Princess Anne - Horse Riding Teacher
Prince Edward - TV Presenter for History Channel!
Sophie - Public Relations

This is true of Edward. He would love to do that.

I think Margrethe would be an excellent commercial actress. She could sell anything! She is beautiful but not too beautiful. She is mature looking in a good way. She is quite personable and has a nice personality. But I agree that she would do illustrations and write books.

Silvia: Runs a charity. Not sure on what though. Maybe like the WCF. And she would run it and she would travel the world talking about their important work and they would have commercials and she´d be in it. I mean who wouldn´t want to see her on TV!

Carl Gustaf: A race car driver or the owner of a manor.

Harald would probably be like a professional sailors. I mean like doing Yacht races and the like.

Sonja. Maybe Public Relations or running a ski lodge!

The Prince of Wales – President of the Soil Association, farmer & painter with his own country estate with a little shop (Charles's Country Shop, for selling his own produce and art work) and gallery (for his art and also art of other local talents) and everything
The Princess Royal – Owner of an equestrian centre and breeding farm
The Countess of Wessex – A high positions as a PR woman for something
King Carl Gustaf – Old-fashioned country manor owner (with all that goes with it)
Queen Silvia – Working for children in an international organisation
Crown Princess Victoria – Working with international relations and peacekeeping for the UN, or a farmer or a vet
Prince Carl Philip - A professional race driver, or a graphic artist
Princess Madeleine – An interior decorator
The Princess of Asturias – A household-name journalist
Crown Prince Willem-Alexander - Pilot
Crown Princess Mathilde - Speech therapist or psychologist
Queen Margrethe – She would be the centre for the cultural circles in Copenhagen. An artist, philosopher, writer, illustrator, stage set designer, costumer and translator
Prince Henrik – Diplomat and a vineyard owner
Crown Prince Fredrik - World analyst, or a professional military
Crown Princess Mary – Lawyer, advertiser or whatever of her former jobs she would decide on
Prince Joachim - Farmer
Princess Alexandra – Executive in the financial world
King Harald – Yacht fanatic and sailor, and writing some historic books on the side
Queen Sonja – Married to a billionaire, director of her own foundation for the arts
Crown Prince Haakon - Working for an international organization
Crown Prince Mette-Marit – A field worker in Africa for an international organisation
Princess Märtha-Louise – Fashion designer with her own brand and boutiques world wide

And finally, in his very own category:

Prince Ernst August of Hannover - Gigolo or a drunken bum without a wife to keep somewhat track of him (you hit the right spot, lucys!)

Originally posted by lucys@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:51 pm
Doesn't Marie-Chantal design clothing for children that she sells in her own stores?

Mary worked in advertising? I'm so confused. I've heard she's a lawyer, that she was a real estate agent and that she worked for Microsoft. Now you say advertising? Which was it?

yes you are right about Marie Chantal.

Mary never worked as a lawyer - and she didn't took bar exam- so she cannot work as a legal lawyer. She has only a degree in Commerce and Law. I really wonder why Law is given so much emphasis than Commerce when in fact she practiced the Comerce part of her degree more than Law.

For the Queen of Sweden, I think she would continue her linguistic skills - she was an interpreter when she met CG I think

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 1st, 2004 - 10:56 pm
For the Queen of Sweden, I think she would continue her linguistic skills - she was an interpreter when she met CG I think
Well, this would help in the running of the charity! And she could do the commercials in different languages! :p

Grand Duchess Denise wanted me to pass on a message to everybody. She was screaming at me about a career for Queen Sonja. I didn´t get all of it but I did hear the words "world´s oldest profession" in there somewhere... :p

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 10:56 am

Mary never worked as a lawyer - and she didn't took bar exam- so she cannot work as a legal lawyer. She has only a degree in Commerce and Law. I really wonder why Law is given so much emphasis than Commerce when in fact she practiced the Comerce part of her degree more than Law.
Just because Mary didn't sit her bar exam when she finished her degree doesn't mean that she can never sit it. If she had not married Fred but had still moved to another country she would probably have had to do a year or two at a university in that country to bring her up to date with the law in that country but she could still practice law once she had done that and sat the particular country's bar exam.

Originally posted by Chatleen@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:34 pm

I know, that she designs chothing for children, I'm not sure, if she has her own stores, but it might very well be the true. I still think, she would be a New York jet-setter though - a jet-setter designing clothing for children ;)

According to her CV, she has a degree in commerce and law, but after that she spend to years getting certificates in advertising and marketing.

All of her jobs, except the teaching position in Paris after she met Frederik, were in the area of advertising and marketing. At Belle Property she was manager of sales, and at Navision (Microsoft) she was a consultant in communication and marketing.

She has never practised law. I think that part was made up by journalists.

King Harald: In his youth, a sportsman, and later a successfull businessman.
Q Sonja: secretary.
K Carl Gustaf (spelling??): official in a smallish municipality, with a secret dream of becoming racing driver.
Q Silvia: successfully employed within an international human aid organization, maybe Unicef.

Very interesting choices...and a bit confusing :wacko: because some answer it the way, that they are born in the families in which they are born (but then without Royal duties), and some answer it the way, that it would fit to their personality, character and skills... on the other hand they would never be, what they are, without being born and raised in their families.

I would love it, if all Royals would do these test, which school kids do at a certain age, to find an occupational field...and then they should publish the results ;)

Originally posted by Princess Haya@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 2:02 am
Just because Mary didn't sit her bar exam when she finished her degree doesn't mean that she can never sit it.
I didn't say she can never sit in, what I said is Mary never worked as a lawyer. And that is true.
If she had not married Fred but had still moved to another country she would probably have had to do a year or two at a university in that country to bring her up to date with the law in that country but she could still practice law once she had done that and sat the particular country's bar exam.
That is pure speculation.
She has never practised law. I think that part was made up by journalists.
Now this is a fact.

Back
Top Bottom