Athletic Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie Bee

Commoner
Which royal could be seen as the Most athletic?
The British Princes seem to be very active but who else in the royal world is? And what sports do they play?

I think Princess Mary and Fred are really sporty. I saw a lot of pics of Mary doing sport. In a press conference they said that they both like sport. They are jogging,sailing...

In Great Britain:
- Prince Phillip enjoys carriage riding.
- Prince Charles, William, and Harry enjoy polo.
- Prince William enjoys swimming, and water polo.
- Prince Andrew enjoys golf.
- Prince Edward enjoys real tennis.
- Princess Anne, and her ex-husband Mark Phillips enjoyed equestrianism, and her daughter Zara now enjoys it. Anne and Mark competed in the Olympics when younger, and Zara applied for the Athens Olympics this year, but sadly she was not accepted.
- all enjoy hunting, and shooting.

Hello? What about Prince Albert. He is the most athletic

If this is a thread for only the most athletic/sporty royals - then I would definitely add Prince Carl Philip - he has a license to compete in car racing and has competed in Vasaloppet once (the world's longest cross country ski race, 90 km).

If this is a thread about sports and royal generally, then I add:
King Carl XVI Gustaf - car racing, boating, yachting, skiing (he has skied Vasaloppet three times)
Queen Silvia - skiing
Crown Princess Victoria - golf, skiing
Princess Madeleine - horseback riding (used to compete in showjumping), skiing
King Harald, Queen Sonja & c/o - skiing (which Norwegian doesn't like to "gå på tur" :D), hiking.

PS. There is a thread on royals and sports already - maybe a merge of the two threads?. DS.

Last edited:
CP Frederik of Denmark is most certainly the most athletic royal. He even went on an expidition to Greenland to test his endurance. He was a member of a very elite corps in the Danish military that is widely known to be the most athletic branch. CP Frederik is also very active in many sports. I'm unaware of any other royal who has outdone CP Frederik in the athletic department!
-Kathleen

liv said:
I think Princess Mary and Fred are really sporty. I saw a lot of pics of Mary doing sport. In a press conference they said that they both like sport. They are jogging,sailing...
:confused: does sailing burn calories

It certainly does if you are involved with the ropes.

I dont know about sports but Queen Rania runs and jogs a lot, even on vacation.

Attachments

• 2096379.jpg
    2096379.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 2042599.jpg
    2042599.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 845
  • 2096382.jpg
    2096382.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,061
  • 2096396.jpg
    2096396.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 673
  • 2003 July        #10.jpg
    2003 July #10.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 794
  • pre-SEEGER00099099.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00099099.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 555
  • pre-SEEGER00099101.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00099101.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 511
And who is in your opinion the most athletic looking Royal (sailing and motor sports aren´t bad, but they don´t help really to get a trained body). I´ve here a pic of Frederik (permanently saved on my PC...it´s probably from Se&Hör or Billedbladet) I would say, he gets the title :D

Attachments

• fredhalfnaked.jpg
    fredhalfnaked.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 981
Larzen said:
Great topic:D

Frederik, Felipe, Haakon and Iñaki are past their glory years and some of them are also gaining sympathy weight with their pregnant wifes.

so for me the prize goes to:
Prince Kyril
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=177705

:eek: This pics seems to be current...so you are probably right. What a pity, that he isn´t crown prince (of a reigning country) so that we could see him more often.

BTW what about renaming this thread into "meat inspection" ;)

Who is in your opinion the best trained princess? I would say crown princess Victoria...even though one has to say, that she can win the title easily, since she seems to be one of the few un-pregnant female Royals. One has to wait, how this develops in the future (When she has caught her trainer boy, she could actually stop to be the "figurehead" for his gyms :rolleyes: ;) )

It was in last weeks point de vue, so I assume pictures were taken this summer (he and his family was holidaying with Ifanta Cristina & family and Haakon & family). I am so jealous of his abs!!!

Princess Stephanie of Monaco is definately trained... maybe over-trained?

CP Felipe of Spain, Princes Harry and William Zara Phillips, Princess Haya of Jordan

don't forget Henri & Félix of Luxembourg

Prince Maurits and Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau frequently walk marathons (both participated several times in the marathon of NYC).

The whole Royal Family of Spain: the King and Queen (before marriage of course) and Felipe participated in the Olimpic Games (sailing). Inaki was a very good and famous handplayer, Infanta Christina sailes a lot and her sister Elena likes riding horses. I have also read somewhere that Letizia likes Pilates exercizes very much and she started to ski as a fiancee of Felipe.

I think the late Queen Juliana deserves an honorairy mention here as well. She kept skiing untill she was in her 80-ties, and she still swam when she was 86.
King Constantine is quite a fanatic sailor right? Didn't he win an olympic medal once?

Marengo said:
Prince Maurits and Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau frequently walk marathons (both participated several times in the marathon of NYC).

Marilène was at a New York Marathon, too, and she plays Tennis (says koninklijkhuis.nl) - and "schaatsen" is something like ice skating, I think.

King Konstantine of Greece - At the age of 20 he competed in the 1960 Olymics in Rome representing Greece and won Gold medal in sailing(Gold Dragon Class).

During school, Prince Albert II. of Monaco distinguished himself as an enthusiastic athlete, participating in cross country, javelin, handball, judo, swimming, tennis, rowing, sailing, skiing, squash and fencing. He is also a patron of Monaco's various football teams. He competed in the bobsled at the 1988, 1998, 1994, 1998, and 2002 Winter Olympics. He has been a member of the IOC since 1985.

Queen Noor of Jordan enjoys skiing, water skiing, tennis, sailing, horseback riding.

Prince Hamzah of Jordan enjoys piloting helicopters, shooting, parachuting, as well as sky diving, motorcycling and water sports.

Princess Noor Hamzah hobbies: sports (vollyball, sky-diving and kick boxing)

sheikh rashid bin mohammed al maktoum.....endurance rider, soccer (great player...even hosts his own tournament), tennis, and we suspect some body building is going on. lol

Prince Albert.Charlotte and Pierre Casiraghi used to be very athletic too when they were at school.

Katie Bee said:
Which royal could be seen as the Most athletic?
The British Princes seem to be very active but who else in the royal world is? And what sports do they play?
The most athletic royal is HRH Prince William of UK.HRH plays rugby,polo,swimming and football.

H.H. Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed al Maktoum definitely.

Which royals have the most beautiful body?

Female:
-Queen Silvia (from the older generation)
-CP Mary

Male:
-CP Haakon
-CP Frederik

What do you think? :)

Perhaps we can have pictures of them and the ability to vote for the best male and best femail physique. I do not know excactly how everyone looks in swimming suite.

Perhaps we can have pictures of them and the ability to vote for the best male and best femail physique. I do not know excactly how everyone looks in swimming suite.

I quite agree - it is difficult to make a complete judgement without some pictures! However, my guess would be that Prince William has the best physique (whilst CP Mary has the best figure) but without seeing CP Frederik in his speedos I'll have to reserve judgement!

Female:
-Queen Silvia (from the older generation)
-CP Mary

Male:
-CP Haakon
-CP Frederik

What do you think? :)

No, I think Mary is too thin. IMO she could use a Big Mac and large fries. :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom