A Royal Day

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom

Nobility
City
Miami
Country
United States
What do you imagine a day in the life of a royal is like?

Interesting question. From what I've read, it depends how active the royal wants to/must be. Some like Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, would have "engagements" 2/3 of the year--lasting anywhere from an hour to a full day and night or, worse, weeks..... That's a lot of smiling and handshaking and primping. Others, like the Grimaldis, seem to live life for the most part like normal people, doing what they want to do--from shopping to travelling to taking their kids to school. Both Queen Rania and Queen Noor, I've read, adhered to rigorous schedules. 6:30 wake up, breakfast, exercise, shower and make up, then go out and visit people in Jordan or dignitaries when abroad. Even the Holidays, according to Sarah Ferguson's autobiography, were rigorous with little down time and at least 3-4 changes of clothes each day. I don't know much about other royal families but Diana once said it was "80% sheer slog and 20% fantastic."

just another ribbon that needs to be cut. :innocent:

my mother been watch Princess Diana's wedding day in 1981 when i was baby at 2 month old after i was born! they later my aunt copy wedding tapes for me of Prince Edward and Sophie-Rhys Jones when i was 18 year old they wont forget it! i wanted remind! but i have it!

Im really adores wedding in England than American.

Sara Boyce

someone wakes you up in the morning/breakfast is waiting for your/your cloths are also waiting for you. then you spend a whole day of waving at the crowds,shaking people hands, making speeches (about 5 speeches), then your off to home/dinner waiting on you then you are off to a dinner party where you make another speech,shake more hands(oops forgot the hand sanitezer)then you have a dessert party and then go home
-i dont think it sounds so bad because two days ago wash my grandma socks with a washboard and my hands are still peeling/so i think it would be nice to walk around the world and shake peoples hands-it sounds like a different kind of busy and last harmful to your hands

when we do not see them on royal duty ay different events
many of the royals goes to their office and plan the futite events or get information for future events

and on state visits they work for 3 days stright with events from morning to night

I seem to remember Crown Princess Mary talking about her typical day, i will try and find the interview. Basically it said that she wakes up early, then learns some Danish for about 3 hours i think I cant really remember but something like that. Then does typical royal duties after that.

I will try and find the article.

thank you very much australian the interview is adorable:D

I think a lot of them spend more time doing "office-things" than we think. Even if we don't see pictures of them in the paper every day, it doesn't mean that they lounge around the pool, or most of them might not. They might have it a bit more lax in terms of their work not being a standard 8-4 job - but then, a lot of their nights are occupied instead.

A day for a royal

I really would like to see how Royals spend a ordinary day on wihich they have no engagements.
Do you think on those days they have Nannys and Staff around them too???

I really would die to see how they furnished their privat apartments.
How are they handling Bodyguards if they decide to go out spontaniously are they on call or do they stay near them so they are always ready.
Oh and another question how do they andle it with their Hairmaker, Stylist Ladys in waiting and so on are they on call or do they give them scedules when they have to be there.

I know a lot of questions but I really would like to get a clue how the royal life is.

When I think of their normal days, I think of the pictures we have seen from Maxima, WA and the kids going to the Fair/carnaval.
Mary, frederik taking walks (with or without Christian and/or Ziggy)
Mette-marit, haakon and Marius going to the coldplay concert.
Mathilde and filip in Italy (but that is not the most normal)
Laurentien, mabel, maxima and their families taking a boat trip with Queen beatrix.
That is the most normal, I have seen the royals.. :)

Here is an article form ABC of a normal day in Zarzuela Palace. This article is a bit old (2003) but maybe the days in Zarzuela are the same... :)

http://www.abc.es/informacion/boda/biografia_Letizia%20Ortiz/04.asp

The translation:
A day in the Zarzuela by Carmen Duerto

The life in Palace begins in the morning on the seven, when the King, madrugador of the Family, rises to make sport. The Zarzuela, just as the house of the Prince, it counts on a complete gymnasium in one of the lateral ones of palacete next to the track of pádel. After the matinal exercise, the Monarch receives the visit of his personal doctor and has breakfast. The first food of the day does not require of more company than newspapers and the summary of press that the Mass media Department of the Zarzuela elaborates in the morning for all its members from the eight.

The fiance'e of the Prince is the guest of the Kings from the same day of the announcement of the commitment, Saturday one of November of 2003. About a first moment, one thought about other options to lodge it with the maximum guarantees, since its floor of the avenue of the Almonds tree had become very conocido.Se considered the possibility that it resided in the Brown or to accept the amiable cession of a house of a friend in Aravaca, but both discarded by uncertain or expensive.

Letizia lives in the Palace but it does not live in the pavilion of guests, simply because the Zarzuela does not count on those facilities. Some rooms for guests in the same building exist who occupy the Kings and princess Irene, but nonpavilions. It could have occupied the old alcove of Infant Elena, the same one who yielded in her day Doña Elena to King Hassan of Morocco. A single room with views, on the one hand, to the gardens of the swimming pool (covered in winter and discovered in summer), and by the other, to the zone of the blocks, that were constructed to lodge the horses of Infant Elena, to the pit of the shot to the plate and the heliport. It could have been that room or the one of Infant Cristina, but she has not been that the chosen one, but the one that his fiance' inhabited, when still he lived with his parents. In fact, the three are contiguous and reunite the same characteristics of simplicity. That yes: they have suppressed póster of the walls, they have painted them and they placed a computer. Also it counts on a salita, in case it wants to receive private visits.

In the tranquillity of his room, it reviews the press and it examines the summary that happens to him. That summary also includes the books that on them are being published. Today it touches the turn to him to "Prince of hearts", a story on the personality and experiences of his fiance' and she herself. Soon it answers his electronic mail; before it had an account with yahoo but it was deactivated agreeing with his new life. It makes his calls personal, it has a line of telephone assigned with his own number and when official doubts of protocol, communications or acts arise to him, one goes to the people in charge of those departments, asks and it takes note.

If the Prince has work meals or is of trip, Letizia can take advantage of to meet with a group of old colleagues in reserved of the restaurant "a Shelter". Place to which always it has liked to go to its fiance'.

Letizia warns from its exit to the outside and security mounts operative the corresponding one for that displacement. Thus in two dark cars of the motor pool they arrive at the alley of Puigcerdá of the district of Salamanca and the future princess of Asturias passes a pair of hours to her wide ones, tasting vieiras with boletus and a hare. The account pays it to decollete. Fast purchases by the commercial zone of the elegant district and return to Palace. There still it can that has time to receive some class of history and in those it is when they communicate to him that they finish also receiving gastronomical exquisiteces of Semon and more wedding presents: several sets of dishes that request that they keep them, next to the other that already have arrived, in the warehouse of the house of the Prince.

One changes of clothes and, on the nine and average one meets with the Kings, princess Irene and the Prince to have supper. According to they are arriving take site in the deprived dining room from the first plant. They take a appetizer, until already are all the seated companions at table and both waiters, following the instructions of the head of waiters, begin to serve to them. Except the princess Irene, who does not eat anything that has eyes, the rest tastes an exquisite fish to the furnace with vegetable trimming. And of Greek dessert yogures, one of the few gastronomical incorporations of its country of origin that Doña Sofía has introduced in the familiar diet. Reina decides viandas for all the Family, according to the book of menus that appears to him daily. The infusions and coffees are taken in the contiguous hall. Today they do not make social gathering nor they watch, because they have film.

Next all go to the room of cinema of the Palace, to see the last opening of the moment, that could well be "the passion" of Mel Gibson, of that the Ministry of Culture facilitates a copy to them for his happens private. The Royal Family feels in the hall the first plant to comment it. The King ignites pure Cuban, a long one and fine of the mark "the king of the pure one" accompanied by his cotoots of whiskey, Reina shows preference for a Dutch cigarette and, as he does not drink alcohol, he chooses a juice of fruits and gin-tonic the fiance's. One more an evening.

P.S. The translation can be not very good...

princess2 said:
I really would like to see how Royals spend a ordinary day on wihich they have no engagements.
Do you think on those days they have Nannys and Staff around them too???

I really would die to see how they furnished their privat apartments.
How are they handling Bodyguards if they decide to go out spontaniously are they on call or do they stay near them so they are always ready.
Oh and another question how do they andle it with their Hairmaker, Stylist Ladys in waiting and so on are they on call or do they give them scedules when they have to be there.

I know a lot of questions but I really would like to get a clue how the royal life is.
Even on the days that the royals don't have any official engagements noted in their calendars they are most often busy with work that we cannot see (behind the scenes). It can consist of office work (paper work, preparations for engagements, meetings with staff, planning meetings, meetings with officials, attending private dinners or events etc).

I know the situation in Sweden best and think it works a bit differently from Royal House to House, but in general there is always staff around the royals when they are in their official residences. For those royals that have security guards constantly, they are around them all the time. Even when they are in their private residence in for example the evenings, it is often the case that the bodyguards are in an adjoining room and they often have an "office" on the premises. I believe most Royal Palaces also have permanent guards posted outside.

Appointments for when hair stylists and other people are to come to the residence or so is arranged via the royal's office staff. Ladies-in-Waitings often alternate being on duty for their royal, they have sort of a rolling schedule, and everything is arranged via the office/household of the royal.

I think it would depend on which royal. Since they all have different roles in their family and represent different countries, it's probably hard to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom