Who is your favourite member of the Norwegian Royal family?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who's your favourite member of the NRF?

• King Harald V

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Queen Sonja

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Crown Prince Haakon

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Crown Princess Mette-Marit

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Princess Ingrid-Alexandra

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Prince Sverre Magnus

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Princess Märtha Louise

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Ari Behn

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Princess Astrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess Ragnhild

• Another

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess_Beatrix

Courtier
City
moved to
Country
Spain
I think the whole Norwegian Royal family always seems very friendly, very down to earth and likeable. Who do you like best of the family?
I think I like Mette-Marit best. I like her work and she always looks so friendly. But I also like Prince Haakon (he's so handsome ;)).

I like the CP couple a lot. Both of them very down-to-earth and nice people!:flowers:

I believe the Norwegian Royal family is a likable family in general. For me it's not easy to pick only one person, so I go for the CP couple as well. I've always loved them as a couple. :flowers:

Definitely Mette-Marit.
I think their little girl is a sweetheart too.

Mette-Marit of course but following her is her lovely family ! (Not to forget Milly Kakao !)

Of all the Royal Families I like the Norwegian family the most. I think it is because they seem down to earth but also are very passionate about the causes they are involved in eg MM Aids and Haakon Global Dignity.

My favourite family member is definitely Queen Sonja... simply because she's my favourite Royal and she and Harald are my favourite Royal couple. ;)
I agree that the whole family is really likeable. I also like the CP couple and the work they do. Their children are also awesome.

It's a bit hard to tell with the children..They're just cute! Like everyone else says, I like the entire family. They seem really friendly and down to earth.

Princess Ragnhild followed by the Queen & then Princess Astrid .

This topic finally got me to come out of lurking. :)

It's a difficult question to answer, because I adore this entire family. I admire the genuine love and respect they seem to have for each other, and, as someone watching from afar, they strike me as wonderful ambassadors for Norway.

I have different reasons for loving each member of the family. King Harald seems like such a good humored and sweet man, and I love seeing the way he lights up when he's around his grandchildren. Queen Sonja is always the epitome of grace and elegance but also strikes me as someone who would be quite a hoot behind closed doors. Martha Louise seems very open and always makes me smile with her somewhat offbeat personality.

Mette Marit has become my favorite of all the crown princesses. She's not the most fashionable or glamorous, but for me, her personality makes her the most beautiful. When she and Haakon got married, I recall he told her that her soul "glowed with light," and it's easy to see what he meant when you watch her. I also admire her so much for the causes she's taken up: HIV/AIDS, mental health, single mothers, gay rights, etc. Those aren't necessarily the usual causes you'd see a princess lend her support to. And given the controversy surrounding her past, it certainly would have been understandable if she had chosen to devote her time to "safer" issues, but instead, she's spotlighted marginalized people and issues, which I think is wonderful. It's helped by the fact that she has a very natural and engaging way of interacting with people when she meets them.

I have to say, though, that my favorite member of the family is CP Haakon. I admire the fact that he takes his role seriously, but doesn't view himself as being better than other people simply because of the circumstances into which he was born. I also like that he clearly knows his own mind and stays true to himself. It's hard for me to imagine that most young men in his position, with their pick of almost any woman, would choose a single mother and be mature enough to deal with everything that entails, but he was. Over the years, I think MM has proven exactly what he saw in her, and the strength of her character makes me further admire his. Also, his relationship with Marius is completely heartwarming and a testament to the fact that shared blood doesn't make a family, love does. And he's such a doting dad to Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus. The way he so freely expresses his love for his family is so different from what I'm used to seeing from previous generations of royals, and I think it says a lot about him as a person. On top of all of that, I really admire the work he's done with the UNDP and his global dignity initiative. He strikes me as a man with great depth and compassion, and I think he's going to be a wonderful king one day.

I adore the Norwegian Royal family. They all seem very nice, friendly and down to earth. I still like Crown Prince Haakon the most. I admire his character and he's certainly very handsome. He's truly like Prince Charming from the fairy tales! :flowers:

Princess Ragnhild followed by the Queen & then Princess Astrid .

I just wanted to ask if this is a joke?
If not so, may I ask why princess Ragnhild on the top of your list?

teia said:
I just wanted to ask if this is a joke?
If not so, may I ask why princess Ragnhild on the top of your list?

Why would this be a joke ?

One, because she whas not the most popular member of the family, neither is Queen Sonja
Two, because, unfortunately, some people joke about things like this
TRREEE, why do you doubt about my questions?

Norwegian Royal Family is one of my favourites, so choosing a single favourite member of the family is actually quite hard. Nevertheless, I think I'll go with Crown Prince Haakon; his conduct both in private and official lives has been nothing short of impeccable. The way he stood by the woman he loved, accepted her son as if Marius were his own, the way he has behaved since - how can you not love a man like that?

I've always thought women who marry Princes, especially Crown Princes, have to be completely mad, too power hungry or possess an exceptionally strong character. However, if Haakon were still single, he'd be the one person who I would give up everything for, including any chances of privacy. Lucky, lucky Mette-Marit!

For much the same reasons as the son, I also admire the father, King Harald. The third spot is shared by Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Queen Sonja.

teia said:
One, because she whas not the most popular member of the family, neither is Queen Sonja
Two, because, unfortunately, some people joke about things like this
TRREEE, why do you doubt about my questions?

Why bother doubting his opinion ......

I would of have voted for the late King Olav V
But he was not on the list
Pity
As I believe he was the only one realllllyyy sincerely, naturaly down-to-earth!
Many others, not only in Norway, are doing their best to be copy-cats, producing often poor results
Very often royals are doing their best to be like 'ordinary' people... good time wasted
With all do respect!!! Royals will never ever be like 'ordinary' people, and in my opinion should stop trying to be so
It seems like they are all trying way too much
So, in that sense, Olav at least did not try, he just was... himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom