Update of the NRF website, 2007, December 2009 & February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the new site.:flowers: Beautiful pictures

I like this new site much more than old! Great job:flowers:
I mean not only for the infos and photos but for that what we can find there.
Photos are beautiful.

I wonder why on English version of the site there're only two photos of MarthaLouise? On Norwegian are more of her photos. That's not the only difference between Nor and Eng versions of the site. Next are titles - I mean HH Princesses ML or Astrid. On Norwegian are not smth like HH?

There's a place for Master Marius Borg Høiby. That's great. (Similar to HH Princess Alexandra on the Danish RF site.)

I like the new site a lot, especially this part from Crown Prince Haakon's bography:
There are three children in the Crown Prince and Crown Princess’s family: Marius Borg Høiby, Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra and His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus.

It's really nice they didn't write: The couple has 2 children + Crown Princess's son from previous relationship. Instead they wrote: "There are 3 children in the Family". :)

Avalon said:
I like the new site a lot, especially this part from Crown Prince Haakon's bography:

It's really nice they didn't write: The couple has 2 children + Crown Princess's son from previous relationship. Instead they wrote: "There are 3 children in the Family". :)
Inded.

"The remaining members of the Royal Family are the Crown Prince and Crown Princess’s other children, His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus and Master Marius Borg Høiby;"
About CPFamily - "Today their family consists of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon and Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Her Royal Highness Princess Ingrid Alexandra, His Highness Prince Sverre Magnus and Master Marius Borg Høiby." and "Master Marius Borg Høiby was born on 13 January 1997 and is the eldest of the children in the Crown Prince and Crown Princess’s family."

MissSaga said:
I wonder if the Norwegian royal family is getting inspiration from the Danish one, these sites are very alike

Maybe the used the same web designer.
I do like the new page. Maybe it'll be a trend for all the royal websites. I have noticed when looking at the photo albums that the pictures start to load & then they disappear & then reload again. Does anyone notice that?

Sister Morphine said:
Speaking of that photo of Mette-Marit, here it is: Mette

I could easily see this photo in Vogue or Vanity Fair. Tres chic. :)

That photo of Mette-Marit is absolutely stunning!

GlitteringTiaras said:
That photo of Mette-Marit is absolutely stunning!

Isn't it? I think it's her light eyes. Light-colored eyes in black and white just pop and make the photo very dramatic. If she hadn't married Haakon and taken this life path, she could easily be a model.

Ooh, I love the new site. It looks infinitely better than the old one. Much more elegant and user-friendly, and more up-to-date in terms of style as well. It also reminds me of the Danish/British/Swedish/Dutch sites which are very well done as well, along with Prince Charles' recently redesigned site. Now if only the Spanish and Belgian sites would follow suit...

I also like that they now have the royal monograms up for each of the members of the royal house. I've always been curious about the Norwegian monograms.

Last edited:
I've been perusing through the English version of kongehuset.no to see how things were there. And I noticed something, to me, strange. And that is that Marius is "titled" Master Marius Borg Høiby?!? I thought the title Master was used in the gentry (which doesn't exist in Norway). Among commoners Mr, Mrs and Miss aren't much used either, unless it is in a superformal occation (or jokingly). But the Behn girls were titled Miss. And in the Norwegian version of the web-site it's only the royals who are described with titles, which is correct. I thought the web-site were in addition to presenting the royal family, also be representative of the temporary modern society. If someone adressed me as Miss Kikki I'd look at them strangely, because to me Mr/Mrs/Miss is old-fashion. Though, I don't find it strange that people call Princess Astrid Fru (Mrs) Ferner, but that is because she's always been that (as long as I've lived anyhow).

Its a great site, i actually prefer it better than the old one.Pictures theyve selected were the right choice to pick, beautiful !!especially the one of the CP couple. Its really nice to see the Marius is included & how they always have him around, thats so sweet i think.

KikkiB said:
I've been perusing through the English version of kongehuset.no to see how things were there. And I noticed something, to me, strange. And that is that Marius is "titled" Master Marius Borg Høiby?!? I thought the title Master was used in the gentry (which doesn't exist in Norway).

Master is the correct title for a young boy. It's not a title just used for the gentry. Adults are Mr. Mrs. and children are Master and Miss. Although Miss continues on for an unmarried adult, Master becomes Mr. regardless of whether he's married or not. Since the '70s we've had Ms too. It is very rare to see 'Master' written nowadays, generally if a letter is addressed to a young boy it will just have his name. But in the past a young boy would have a letter addressed to him as "Master John Smith" Just like a young girl would be "Miss Jane Smith".

KikkiB said:
Though, I don't find it strange that people call Princess Astrid Fru (Mrs) Ferner, but that is because she's always been that (as long as I've lived anyhow).
I think it's also very much a generational thing. I won't hesitate to call my grandmother's friends/older neighbours by "Mrs. So-and-So", because that's the way she refers to them in conversation - which ties in to the whole Mrs. Ferner-thing - but you realize how much the Norwegian society has changed in a generation, when the time came for Märtha Louise, and she didn't tack Mrs. Behn behind her princess title.

I like the new site. But it's a little bit sad, that there are so less pictures. It has more information than the old site. But in the section of Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid I had wished, that they would written down the birthdays of their children and grandchildren.

Last edited:
Beautiful videos, how wonderful is this idea. :flowers:
It's wonderful to hear Ingrid and MM voice.

great idea to present the palace themselves! i love how ingrid is also there - what does she say in the video with harald? can someone translate?

They both say the same:

Welcome to children's page. We hope you'll like it :flowers:

ingrid is sooooo adorable! this is very nice of them to launch a site for kids.

What does the king say to Ingrid? It's very cute!

First Ingrid says
- Welcome to our new childrens pages, we hope you like them
the King:
- Shall I also say it
Ingrid
- Yes
the King
- noooo, laughs
Ingrid
- yes
the King
- I cant remember what you said, laughs....
- Welcome to our new childrens pages, we hope you like them.

I think the website is wonderful! Ingrid and her Grandfather King seem very close, too cute, IMO!

They are so cute. I liked the video very much. Thanks for the translation Larzen! :)

I agree with you.
On their facebook/twitter page they say, they changed the appearance so that it's "easier to browse the sites from mobile and tablets. Photos and video are also readily available."
The CP Couple's page has probably gone for that reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom