The Se & Hoer Scandal

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Se og Hør is a double edged sword IMO. On the one hand they obviously have great sources at the palace, better than any other press, but at the same time I believe they have a lower limit to publish a rumour. Like they said some months ago that Märtha was for sure pregnant again, then they had based their story one or two sources, the more serious press like Aftenposten or even tabloid VG would obviously have done more research before publishing that like a fact, and I even doubt Aftenposten would publish it at all until it was confirmed by the palace.

They have several time written totally wrong stories, MM wedding dress from Vera Wang, false pregnancies, false stories of how Märtha played for her house, once they said Sonja and Märtha had a fight about Ari in Märthas apartment whilst Märtha was actually abroad, wrong information about design of clothes etc.etc They also often lift stories about foreign royals from non Norwegian press and publish it even if it has glaring mistake, like that Felipe will choose 6 godparents for his daughter and that Haakon will be one of them (He surly will not be as he is not close family, and the Spanish only choose 2)

They also do have sensational covers that do not correspond with the actual story. Once they wrote "Mette-Mairt does like Pamela Anderson!!!" Just by reading the cover you would easily draw some conclusions about all sorts of things, but when you opened the magazine to read the story it was about how she wore long scarves just as all the other celebrities did that fall.

However sometimes they do get it right like Mette-Marits pregnancy, and they also are good at finding them in their private time because they pay the best for tips. However to treat information from Se og Hør as a truth all the time is not recommendable, and unfortunately Se og Hør stories often are lifted to foreign press and established as truths.

I think that tabloid stories are universal in that that are exaggerated or misleading. I look at the covers and even read the stories, but unless I hear an official statement from the palace in question, I don't believe it. I'm aware of the stories but I don't put any weight in them. Unless I hear it from the people being written about I don't consider the story to be credible.

Accordning to the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, a former tabloid reporter is writing a book about the royal family.

In the book he is telling about how angry Mette-Marit were on the paparazzi standing outside her home every hour of the day.

According to him, Matte-Marit was screaming and crying at them begging them to leave her alone and accusing them for not play by the rules. "you make me sick, you are discusting" are a few of the words she screamed to them. :mad:

This was in the beginning of her relationship with Haakon back in 2001, I guess we wont be seeing those scenes again anytime soon. :wacko:

Here is the link to the artikle: Aftonbladet: ”Jag orkar inte mer”

well, i cant blame her for such actions.it is annoying and it bothers people not only that, but you are followed and photographed eveywhere you go. You have no privicy left

There are sooooo many stories from this book in the norwegian papers theese days, and it dominates the TV and papers

Håvard Mælnes worked in Se og Hør for 9 years until he resigned, he has written the unauthorised book Mette-MArit -Priness against all odds. In thisnew book he reveals how se og hør works, how it has become the bigges weekly magazine in the nordic countries, and what he became working in that magazine. How honest he is about his intention is hard to say though:lol: he surly is getting a gret deal of publicity and good booksales theese days. the rest of the press were waiting for him after he exit a popular talkshow this evening at NRK.

The editor of se og hør, Odd Johan Nelvik has been deffending his magazine theese last days, but today he was unable to meet Mælnes face to face on national TVs most popular talkshow because he has become sick:neutral: The other papers love to play holieer than thoù, and is litterally loving this book to pieces with all the dirt he serves on his old employer

some stories from the book

Mælnes says he has seen the bank accounts from several of the royals, se og hør payed to get copies of their transactions and he says he has seen both Märtha Louises and Ari Behns bank transactions
blink.gif

http://www.nettavisen.no/innenriks/article893928.ece

Se og hør payed a "friend" of Ari 20 000 kr to get a hold of where his bachellor party was beeing held, the same "friend" got 10 000 to send text messages to Mælnes during the wedding dinner of Märtha and Ari Behn:ohmy:

If you understad norwegian you can read what all sorts of different celbreties are getting payed to help/pose/cooperate with the magazine.
rolleyes.gif

http://www.nettavisen.no/innenriks/article893729.ece

a vivid description of how se og hør arranged the wedding of Sven O høiby to Renate Barsgård, it really makes you go
ninja.gif
and how it was panic when a freelance photographer from VG got a hold of the secret wedding in Amsterdam and the couple had to be covered up and enter the embassy seperatly. Sven O never proposed to Renate but Se og Hør wrote over their front cover, and when Sven O told Mælnes he never asked her he just told him it was a minor detail.

The start of the cooperation was that Sven O Offered Mælnes 10 childhood pictures of Mette-Marit if they would write a nice story on her
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article892531.ece

He also said Nelvik sent him to London to buy spy camera in a pen and a coin with a hidden microfone in that they would get one of Mette-Marits “friends” to plant in a private gathering where Haakon and Mette-Marit would be, he claims the order to buy this comes directly from editor Nelvik. The plan leaked out in the circle of friends around the CP couple and the party was cancelled, the “moll” got 5000 in advance payment to plant the camera and bug

Nelvik spent most of yesterday denying that they ever used such things in their stories
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=168332

the story in the topic title, loosly translated summary

2 reporters from se og hør, including Mælnes had camped outside their appartment and taken picture of her, Haakon and MArius in 2001 (as I understand it before the wedding but after the engagement which was in dec 2000)

At 15.00 she came out with a friend, she smiled at us, when she came back 16.15 with Haakon and Marius she said nothing but looked grumpy at us, Haakon talked to us in a friendly way. The third time she came back 16.54, she unlocked the door and she looked extremely displeased that we were taking pictures for the 3 time. Suddenly she turns and screams at my coworker “Can you not leave me alone? You are standing there the entire time. Don’t smile like that. You stand there with your **** smile, you make me sick, you are so **** disgusting

She was loud, it could be heard in the neighborhood, we did not respond but retired to the car, and was about to phone our boss that we would leave their home. Then she came running out. It was minus degrees but she was wearing only jeans and a thin top,

- Enough is enough, you stand her all day, every day of the week, how do you think I can be a mother when you follow me and my son all the time, I cannot do it anymore. My son does not want his pictures taken the whole time, but you do not show any understanding, how do you think Im going to take care of him like this? We have talked about this before, many times, but you only says “yes” and the next week you are back again

I don’t say much, my coworker mostly says "yes" and "we understand", but she does not retire, she gets louder and her language is quite corse. She was bending down talking to us trough the car window, using quite colorful language to describe the reporters in se og hør. She bangs her hands in the side of the car door to underline what she says and she is partly crying.

- How do you think we can cooperate when you do not play by the rules, Marius is sick today and he does not want his picture taken, we have talked about this before and you know not to take his picture when he don’t want to.

I tell her we are sorry and that we did not know he was sick and did not want his picture taken.

- But now you know. By the way you never show any respect, or think about how this is for me, I’m sure you have children, how would you feel if your child was followed around like this, no I don’t think you have thought that far at all.

She repeated this several times, sometimes she screamed, sometimes she cried and sometimes she spoke calmly, it was obvious that she froze, it was minus six and she had been outsider for ten minutes, the reporters ended the conversation and left
http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article892046.ece
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=168436

Another royal related story is that one of Norways richest men, Kjell Inge Røkke who is now married to one of Mette-Marits former bodyguards Anne Grethe Eidsvig, supposedly threatened Mælnes with death threats because of some stories they did on this couple. He also got so tired of Se og hør standing outside his, and Eidsvigs apparmtent while they were still dating, that he agreed to pose for what seemed like papparazzi pictures so that se og hør could get the first exclusives of them as a couple and then they would leave them alone, a deal se og hør swiftly broke. Røkke has according to Mælnes said that he thinks Nelvik and se og hør does not have one single decent hair in their intired body. Also other celbreties has been so tired of se og hør hunting them that they have agreed to posed for what seems like papprazzi pictures but that was agreed upon.

Felipes Ex Eva Sannum (now brunette:lol:) was also giving a short interview about her experiences on TV today, and she said she was not suprised what has come out

there is plenty more juicy stories but i cant translate them all, and many of them not very interesting if one does not know the norwegian celbreties:rolleyes:

Interesting article SKydragon thanks for sharing.

On another note: Does anyone know if there will be an english version of the new unauthorized Mette-Marit book? I would think probably not. But I thought I'd ask.

Aurora810 said:
Interesting article SKydragon thanks for sharing.

On another note: Does anyone know if there will be an english version of the new unauthorized Mette-Marit book? I would think probably not. But I thought I'd ask.

I hope so it would be interesting to read!

The article says that Sven received about 37,000 - 49,000 Euros for his informations about Mette-Marit.
It goes on saying that norwegian magazine (Se og Hør) had a whole organization, which was spying on Mette Marit (it included travel agencies, airport, police) and right at the centre of the 'organization' was Mette-Marit's father.

You can find more about it in this article (in English), provided by Skydragon.

Attachments

• Mette-Marit.doc
    28 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Bank probes royal leaks

The Norwegian branch of Nordic bank Nordea vows a full investigation into how bank account statements for Princess Märtha Louise and other celebrities wound up in the hands of reporters at magazine Se og Hør.
Håvard Melnæs wrote in his book about his years at Se og Hør (See and Hear) that the magazine has had paid informants placed within the police, credit card companies, banks, travel agencies and other institutions. They supplied the magazine with information that was supposed to be confidential.
That's how the magazine could report back in the 2001, for example, that the young woman who was about to become Crown Princess Mette-Marit had gone on a shopping spree in New York, spending large amounts at such pricey designer shops as Vera Wang, Donna Karan and Gucci. The magazine had gained access to Mette-Marit's VISA card statement.
The magazine also reportedly was supplied with bank statements that showed Princess Märtha-Louise's spending activity, also while on overseas trips.

Avalon said:
The article says that Sven received about 37,000 - 49,000 Euros for his informations about Mette-Marit.
It goes on saying that norwegian magazine (Se og Hør) had a whole organization, which was spying on Mette Marit (it included travel agencies, airport, police) and right at the centre of the 'organization' was Mette-Marit's father.

You can find more about it in this article (in English), provided by Skydragon.

Thanks a lot, and thanks to you Skydragon.

Poor Mette Maritt. Her father is "a shame"

Avalon said:
Bank probes royal leaks

The Norwegian branch of Nordic bank Nordea vows a full investigation into how bank account statements for Princess Märtha Louise and other celebrities wound up in the hands of reporters at magazine Se og Hør.
Håvard Melnæs wrote in his book about his years at Se og Hør (See and Hear) that the magazine has had paid informants placed within the police, credit card companies, banks, travel agencies and other institutions. They supplied the magazine with information that was supposed to be confidential.
That's how the magazine could report back in the 2001, for example, that the young woman who was about to become Crown Princess Mette-Marit had gone on a shopping spree in New York, spending large amounts at such pricey designer shops as Vera Wang, Donna Karan and Gucci. The magazine had gained access to Mette-Marit's VISA card statement.
The magazine also reportedly was supplied with bank statements that showed Princess Märtha-Louise's spending activity, also while on overseas trips.
Ari Behn sent his own statement in to Dagens Næringsliv, according to VG. He then mentioned that he'd been aware of the leak after a while, and changed banks because of it. When he and Märtha left for their honeymoon, they had a suitcase filled with cash along, so that they wouldn't be tracked by credit card usage.

Unbelievable how far tabloids would go to get info about celebrieties. And how it could've happened that bank accounts leaked? I understand some employee/s sold account statements to the tabloid? It's sad to read that Martha Louisa and Ari had to take suitcase full of cash just to have some privacy during their honeymoon. Reading this I really don't envy royals their popularity.:neutral:

Last edited:
Yes, I think this "Sven O." is a shame and I pity HRH for a father like this!
What does he think he´s doing?
It´s not surprising that she has broken up any contact to the man fo a while...!

Sven O.'s dead, but it was a cruel thing that he did to his daughter. And the reporters of sleazy magazines all over the world will do ANYTHING to get a picture or article of a famous person. It's really a shame.

If we stop purchasing these sweepings, they should close their doors. Yellow Press is a modern shame, but if people keeps buying their lies and sensationalistic "news" they will still publishing their nonsenses.

Vanesa.

I find it remarkable that the Royal House issued a press release specifically aimed against a single magazine. Not that I blame them.

This paragraph is interesting:
I tillegg hadde Se og Hør 11. januar 2013 et førstesideoppslag basert på uriktige opplysninger om kostnader til Kronprinsfamiliens juleferie. Bladet viser bilder av et hus og en båt Kronprinsparet angivelig skal ha leid. Begge deler er uriktig. Kronprinsparet kjenner ikke til huset og har heller ikke leid noen båt.
I remember those pictures and I think most of us here accepted it as a fact that the house and the boat were indeed rented by the Crown Princely couple. Probably because you expect some level of integrity and basic fact-checking even from the most unreliable sources.

The response of the newspaper:

Hmmm, interesting...

"They think it is okay to invite the press on tours where Mette-Marit will demonstrate its commitment to poor children in Africa, but do not want us to be there when they spend money on your own vacations."

"The Royal Family has such good economy if they want to walk around in a bikini in a Southern sun, then they damn afford to rent a private island if they absolutely want to be alone."

- Kongebarna skal ikke skjermes - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Fordító

And an other article:
http://www.side2.no/underholdning/article3567814.ece
http://translate.google.hu/translat...www.side2.no/underholdning/article3567814.ece

Last edited:
The response of the newspaper:

Hmmm, interesting...

"They think it is okay to invite the press on tours where Mette-Marit will demonstrate its commitment to poor children in Africa, but do not want us to be there when they spend money on your own vacations."

"The Royal Family has such good economy if they want to walk around in a bikini in a Southern sun, then they damn afford to rent a private island if they absolutely want to be alone."

- Kongebarna skal ikke skjermes - VG Nett om Kongehuset
Google Fordító

And an other article:
Kongefamilien tar et oppgjør med Se og Hør - Side2
Google Fordító

It is not for pulp to comment..Pulp.i.e. the "newspaper"with these blunt statements..I wish they were taken out once and for all..it has nothing to do with freedom of expression,it's just plain scum,a-social critters that need a good spankin into a blur of sorts!...

Good for them

I hope the win. If the the British press is anything to go by, it might be not work

A stinging complaint launched by Norway’s Royal Palace against celebrity magazine Se og Hør last week seemed to lose some of its credibility this week, when news broke that the king and queen’s own son-in-law, Ari Behn, entertained at a Se og Hør staff luncheon and got paid by the magazine to do so. Behn’s business with the magazine threw the palace into what one critic called a “comical” and “complicated” situation.

The whole article
Behn ‘complicates’ royal complaint Views and News from Norway

I sympathize with Mette-Marit and other members of the Norwegian Royal Family who don't like the press. I and other members here have the privilege of doing things like going out and going on holiday privately; where the only camera around is the family camera/phone cameras. When I look at all of the royals and celebrities who are 'always' getting photographed, I sometimes think that I'm actually quite lucky; as I have the 'freedom' to go anywhere without cameras. It must be very frustrating for Mette-Marit, because before her marriage to CP Haakon, she didn't experience paparazzi and interviews. It's probably also annoying for her, especially when she's taking the children to school and when the family are on holiday. When the children go to school it's probably around 8:00- 8:30 in the morning (this is the usual school time in England, I'm not sure about Norway, correct me if I'm wrong), and she and the children are probably tired, and the last thing they want is paparazzi taking pictures of them. We all like relaxing holidays, and most royals probably won't have the opportunity of a 'camera-free' holiday.

These are just my opinions and thoughts on the matter. :)

I agree...but this is the prize you have to pay when you are a celebrity and with her wedding with Haakon she became a famous person.....and she is our idol and we sympathize with her....she is a role model - she inspires us...she is wonderful and I say thank you to her for showing me how to fight for LOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom