Swedish Official Visit to Norway: June 10-11, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
June 10-11th

The Swedish King and Queen accompanied by Crown Princess Victoria will pay an official visit to Norway. The main purpose of the visit is to open the new bridge between Norway and Sweden and the new Nobel Peace center. This is the program for the visit translated from www.kongehuset.no

June 10
The Norwegian King and Queen, Crown Prince and Crown Princess arrives at Svinesund (me: i suppose the swedish royal arrives at the same time)

The King of Norway and The King of Sweden open the new Svinesund bridge between Norway and Sweden

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit Oslo Town Hall for a celebration meeting

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the ship Götheborg at the Townhall Pier in Oslo

The Norwegian King and Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid takes part in the gala dinner at the palace

June 11
The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the open palace exhibition at Oscarshall

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the opening of the New Nobel Peace center

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the unveiling of the statue\bust of Torgny Segerstedt, Voksenåsen, Oslo

The King and Queen of Sweden offer a lunch to the King and Queen of Norway

The Swedish Press release from www.royalcourt.se translated by me

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia inagurates the Svinesund bridge together with the Norwegian royal couple on june 10th. The inaguration is part of the 100th anniverary for the disolution of the Union between Sweden and Norway. The Ceremony is the start of the official visit the King and Queen will make to Norway.The minister of forreign affairs Laila Freivalds will also take part in the visit

Last edited:
Thank you for translating, Larzen.
When you could see me now, you would see a twinkle in my eyes...a gala dinner with the complete norwegian RF and the highest ranked members of the swedish RF-a real highlight before the summer break.

First picture. from NRK

The video is in this link if you are registered
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nrk_ostfold/4815601.html

Victoria is wearing her Japan coat and a ponytail, Mette-Marit continues her liberal interpetation of what a hat is. Silvia looks elegant and Sonja is wearing a god awful hat again

Two more from aftonbladet

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 810
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 576
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
Hmm, in a way one should almost praise Sonja for her choice...it can´t be easy to find such an awful hat :rolleyes:
I´m not too fond of the other hats. In a way MM´s futuristic "I´ve cleaned my bird cage"-creation is the best choice.
In the NRK-video (which is still online) I´ve seen MM curtsying to Victoria. Does the protocol expect/say this (???)

Yes I also saw her curtesy to Victoria right after she curtesyd to the King and Queen. I dont think she needed to do that and it looked like Victoria was a little suprised as well. It looked sort of like and afterreaction after they tried to kiss each other under Victorias GIANT hat.

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 3,422
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 404
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 513
  • kjnkj.jpg
    kjnkj.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 669
  • mn,m.jpg
    mn,m.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 752
  • ddf.jpg
    ddf.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 553
Last edited:
is that coat mm is using the same one as the one she wore in the concert or the one in iceland?

Larzen said:
First picture. from NRK

The video is in this link if you are registered
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nrk_ostfold/4815601.html

Victoria is wearing her Japan coat and a ponytail, Mette-Marit continues her liberal interpetation of what a hat is. Silvia looks elegant and Sonja is wearing a god awful hat again

Two more from aftonbladet

It´s ironic in a way. Unlike Spain, hat wearing has a tradition and is common among the Scandinavian royals. Yet Sonja, Silvia, Mette-Marit and Victoria are not known for their hats. Well, in a really good way. :) Mette-Marit´s hats are always the most interesting among European royals though. Thanks for the photos.

I take some of that back. Queen Silvia´s hats have been good before. Nothing spectacular or really bold but just okay.

Dennism said:
It´s ironic in a way. Unlike Spain, hat wearing has a tradition and is common among the Scandinavian royals. Yet Sonja, Silvia, Mette-Marit and Victoria are not known for their hats. Well, in a really good way. :) Mette-Marit´s hats are always the most interesting among European royals though. Thanks for the photos.

i read somewhere that mm doesn't like wearing hats... is that true?

I have written that I dont think she likes them since she prefers dead birds and dustbusters like today, some fashionistas in Norwegian papers has also written that they dont think she likes hats since she only wears them when it is absolutly necessary. We can ofcourse only speculate.

The coat is new I belive.

I see what you all mean about the hats, its seems to be a competition between the royal ladies to compete with each other to see who wears the worst hats. I believe Mette Marit is in the lead, with Sonja a close second, followed by Silvia and Victoria.

Also, has anyone noticed Mette Marit is wearing the same shoes which she wore for at least the previous 2-3 engagements, sorta reminds of Victoria's white shoes which, in my opinion, had to be surgically removed....shudder....

Last edited:
From various sources

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 543
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 467
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 535
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 421
i actually liked today's "hat". she has wore worst ones. i think this one is ok...

i really can't wait for the gala to see victoria, mette marit and martha louise in dresses and tiaras... :)

Pictures from ANB (thanks to Larzen for giving me the link)

Attachments

• b10.jpg
    b10.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,026
  • b9.jpg
    b9.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 398
  • b8.jpg
    b8.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 438
  • b7.jpg
    b7.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 435
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 432
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3,636
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 366
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 459
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 444
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 648
Pictures from ANB, Part II

Attachments

• b11.jpg
    b11.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 984
  • b12.jpg
    b12.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 387
  • b13.jpg
    b13.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 830
  • b14.jpg
    b14.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,104
  • b15.jpg
    b15.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 361
  • b20.jpg
    b20.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 402
  • b19.jpg
    b19.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 424
  • b17.jpg
    b17.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 318
  • b16.jpg
    b16.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 398
  • b18.jpg
    b18.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 381
I think Princess mette marit's outfit is nice , but that hat doesnt do her any favour's!

Pictures from ANB, Part III

Attachments

• b26.jpg
    b26.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 378
  • b27.jpg
    b27.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 307
  • b25.jpg
    b25.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 452
  • b24.jpg
    b24.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 529
  • b23.jpg
    b23.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 360
  • b22.jpg
    b22.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 428
  • b21.jpg
    b21.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 365
Why did Mette-Marit curtsey to Victoria?The are both Crown Princess,I thought they only have to curtsey to a Sovereign.

Oufits

Queen Silvia looked lovely! I liked Victoria's suit and the other Royal ladies. :)

liv said:
Why did Mette-Marit curtsey to Victoria?The are both Crown Princess,I thought they only have to curtsey to a Sovereign.

The only crown princess in Europe is Victoria, all the others are wives of a crownprince. Which is not the same. They will never reign, Victoria will.

Gita said:
Queen Silvia looked lovely! I liked Victoria's suit. :)
I agree! I love that dress on CP Victoria. :cool:

Hannelore said:
The only crown princess in Europe is Victoria, all the others are wives of a crownprince. Which is not the same. They will never reign, Victoria will.

I'm glad Liv asked that because I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the explanation Hannelore. Great pictures, Larzen! I can't wait to see what they wear to the gala!

The first pics from the gala dinner. From ANB

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 421
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 478
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 441
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 739
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:
Love the gown that Silvia is wearing. Seen it before but that´s okay. It´s pure elegance. She dresses like a queen should. Victoria´s is from the recent trip to Australia and it´s one of her better gowns. Everybody looks good.

i didnt really like silvias dressed... too tacky in my opinion. victoria's was lovely though. really feminine and that colour suits her a lot.

mette marit is repeating dress (the on used in copenhage) and sonja seems to me that is repeating as well.

Two more (again from ANB)
First picture: Ari Behn, Erling Sven Lorentzen (hubby of princess Ragnhild), Johan Martin Ferner (hubby of princess Astrid)

Attachments

• a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 406
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 892
I think M-Ms dress is nice when it comes to colour and the fabric, but I think it could have a better cut. It looks a bit like she is wrapped in clingfilm ;)

Lena said:
First picture: Ari Behn, Erling Sven Lorentzen (hubby of princess Ragnhild), Johan Martin Ferner (hubby of princess Astrid)

Looks nicer when they're three, rather than Ari walking on his own.

And haven't I seen Princess Ragnhild's yellow dress before?

Märtha Louise looks radiant as always.

Crown Princess Victoria

I love Crown Princess Victoria’s dress that is the one she wore in Australia three months ago. Her hair looks nice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom