Swedish Official Visit to Norway: June 10-11, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danielle said:
Where do I begin?
  • Victoria looked really pretty, but I wasn’t too fond of the suit she wore earlier. I think there should be a law stating that royals can only wear the same outfit only after a certain period of time has past. I'm sick and tired of seeing Victoria wearing the same thing all the time. I know that it's unrealistic to get a new outfit every day, but could she have worn a dress she wore last year a least?
  • Silvia looked beautiful as always
  • I liked what Mette Marit wore. I think the dress looks very pretty on here
  • It was really nice to see Märtha-Louise. While I don't necessarily like the dress a great deal, she looks very good, and especially after only recently having a baby.
  • The sweetest photo
  • Some outfits are absolutely awful and I don't want to mention. I shall keep my "comments" to myself (ha ha ha, Lena. I agree about Ragnhild's 'canary outfit')
Thank you everyone for the photos :)

The photos are lovely, yes thank you everyone! I have to say, IMHO, Ragnhild's dress was not easy on the eyes! I wasn't too fond of Queen Sonja's outfit either. The bottom half was okay. It reminded me of the outfit she wore to Haakon's pre-wedding gala. Did she have it modified?

Dennism said:
Märtha Louise looks radiant as always.

Not always ;-) (IMO). She does look good here though, and has been dressing extremely well (Spanish wedding notwithstanding) for the last few years. I still remember her overly fussy/frumpy styl of the early 1990s`. Some of those pictures make me cringe! But she has transformed nicely.

Sean

A.C.C. said:
I think all the Royal women look excellent. Silvia looks amazing as usual. I love that gown, it looks so royal. Sonja and Mette-Marit look great. I wish there was a better picture of Martha Louise's dress, and Victoria looks great. I'm not a big fan of Victoria's gala wear, but this dress is perfect on her.

Silvia does look good. She wore this outfit to nobel a year ago, IIRC, and during the Japanese state visit (with the big Braganca tiara). I think it is one of her all time best gowns.

Dennism said:
O, Christmas tree ball. I like it. O, well. I am prepared to stand alone like my beloved cheese.

"Gosh, I´m satisfied with Victoria´s style"

Has hell frozen over? :) And it seems she won based on others doing not so well, at least in your view.

I think the motifs on Silvia's dress were supposed to give it an Asian flare, since she first wore it for the Japanese state visit. It looks better with yellow and blue sashes raher than a red one.

it's quite understandable that mm has a closest relationship with victoria than mary. after all she has been crown princess for more years than her and had more opportunities to know her.
they seem to be quite close... both felipe and victoria were asked to be ingrid's godparents (felipe couldnt be because it was in a date really close to his wedding), so i guess that haakon and mette marit also have some kind of close relationship with the spanish royals (at least with felipe). i thought it was quite weird that felipe was chosen as godparent and not frederik. they seemed to be quite close. perhaps he will be their second child's godfather :)

i just noticed how beautiful victoria looked. she wore that outfit in japan some months ago and i simply loved it... does anyone know who designed it?

I got to see the Norwegian Queen, Crown Prince and Crown Princess and the Swedish King, Queen and Crown Princess very closely yesterday, as I was standing outside the City Hall in Oslo. Thousands of people were there, and it was fantastic to finally be able to see the royals so closely. I've seen the Norwegian royals before, but that's been when they were standing on the balcony at the Royal Palace on our Constitution Day.

However, yesterday was a great day. Silvia, Carl Gustaf, Victoria, Sonja, Haakon and Mette-Marit all looked great, and Silvia even waved to me and mouthed "Hi". They all looked so cheerful and happy, and they were dressed greatly, too. No doubt there is a strong and solid friendship between the two countries. :)

By experiencing this, I've been given a great memory for life.

Frederik is also godfather for Ingrid Alexandra, but he was on his bachelor party, in Egypt I think, the day of the christening.

1 Victoria, Mette-Marit and Haakon with Pippi:D
2 Sonja in a prettier hat than at the bridge, its for the meeting in the town hall
3 Silva also changed to a prettier hat for the town hall meeting. Mette-Marit and Victoria did not change
4 Everyone at the ship Gotheborg
5 Victoria at the bridge opening, looking quite beautiful IMO
6 Mette-Marit at the bridge
7 Victoria again, when I viewd the video you could see how the wind kept blowing into Victorias skirt so I was almost afraid there would be a Marilyn Monoroe moment:D (UKpress)
8 One more of Mette-Marit and Märtha Louise from the gala. I think Märtha looks great for woman that gave birth to her 2. child only two moths ago, even if I have seen her in prettier dresses before. Btw I wonder how high heels Mette-Marit is wearing at the gala because she looks extraordinarily tall on all the gala pictures, or it might just be the angle she has been photographed from compared to the rest (from nettavisen)

9 banquet table (anb.no)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 315
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 558
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 252
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 365
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 338
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,900
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Today, no hats thankfully
Victoria looks so different, she must have had a run-in with a hairdresser:D

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/kongelige/article1057498.ece
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/innenriks/article405328.ece?id=31702&slide=1#slide

From http://www.nobelpeacecenter.org/main.php?page=news&id=20
The Nobel Peace Centre opens on Saturday 11th June at 11:00. To mark this occasion the Norwegian and Swedish Royal couples, together with the Swedish Crown Princess and the Norwegian Crown couple will arrive at the Honnørbryggen on board the Royal Barge KSJ Stjernen.

The music is composed by Håkon Berge, and for the very first time the entire port basin is put to use as a concert arena. Both the canons of Akershus Fortress and the bells at the City Hall are arranged with percussionists and singers in a musical work. Conductor is Christian Eggen.

On this Saturday in June, history will be written. KSJ Stjernen is the only remaining vessel from the reign of the last unified King, King Oscar II. For the first time, the Royal Barge will sail with the Kings of both countries embarked. KSJ Stjernen was King Oscar’s Royal Yacht and Haakon VII’s first Royal Yacht. King Oscar II and his Queen, Sophie, ruled over both Sweden and Norway.

A 21 Gun Salute will be fired from Akershus Festning two minutes before KSJ Stjernen passes. This will be answered by a Single Gun salute from KSJ Stjernen. On board the Royal Yacht KS Norge and other naval vessels berthed in the harbour, the crews will line the decks and ‘man and cheer ship’ for the two monarchs.

King Oscar II was often in Norway, and in 1899 Akers Mekaniske Verksted in Kristiania built a Royal Barge for his official use. The barge was 55 feet long with a beam of 10 feet. The stern cabin was fitted out in mahogany and the windows were of polished glass. The ship was powered by a steam boiler with a brass funnel.

The Royal Barge was launched and commissioned as KSJ Stjernen, a name which has since been given to all Royal Barges. There was a permanent crew of three and they were always busy with polishing and maintaining the beautiful vessel.

Norway became an independent country in 1905 and the nation’s new king, King Haakon VII, inherited Stjernen and kept her from then until the Second World War. During the War, the barge was stripped of everything and her life as the King’s personal vessel was over. She was sold to a farmer near Mjøsa but ten years ago the then Defence Minister, Jørgen Kosmo, set in motion a recovery and restoration programme for her.

Through fund-raising, endless effort and work, KSJ Stjernen has been returned to her original condition and regained her former beauty and sails these days with a coal-fired steam boiler.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 382
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 361
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 359
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 308
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
1-3
The King of Sweden unveiling the bust of Torgny Segerstedt. The woman in the wheelchair he is greeting is Segerstedts dauhter (94) who had travelled from Sweden to Norway for this occation (ANB.no)

4 At Oscarshall. (VG.no)

5 It seems Märtha Louise and Astrid and Isuppose Ragnhild with hubbys also was present fot the unveiling and lunch

6-9 More from the opening of the Nobel center

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 253
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 389
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 279
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Thanks for posting all the nice pics. The royals look very lovely of all the pics.
Did you also see pictures from yesterday in Oslo Town Hall for Celebration meeting?

One more from VG:

Attachments

• VMM.gif
    VMM.gif
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,067
From anb.no. The Swedish royal couple hosted a lunch:

Attachments

• looking.jpeg
    looking.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 332
  • ragnhild.jpeg
    ragnhild.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 356
  • märthaari.jpeg
    märthaari.jpeg
    20.3 KB · Views: 566
  • peopleofacertainage.jpeg
    peopleofacertainage.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 205
  • kingsqueenandthebeard.jpeg
    kingsqueenandthebeard.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 236
  • waiting.jpeg
    waiting.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 242
  • greetings.jpeg
    greetings.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 341
  • kingqueens.jpeg
    kingqueens.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 250
  • kingqueenastrid.jpeg
    kingqueenastrid.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 852
  • svennislookalike.jpeg
    svennislookalike.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 708
Two more from anb.no

Attachments

• beautyandthebeard.jpeg
    beautyandthebeard.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 936
  • beautyandthebeard2.jpeg
    beautyandthebeard2.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 220
Larzen said:
Frederik is also godfather for Ingrid Alexandra, but he was on his bachelor party, in Egypt I think, the day of the christening.

1 Victoria, Mette-Marit and Haakon with Pippi:D
2 Sonja in a prettier hat than at the bridge, its for the meeting in the town hall
3 Silva also changed to a prettier hat for the town hall meeting. Mette-Marit and Victoria did not change
4 Everyone at the ship Gotheborg
5 Victoria at the bridge opening, looking quite beautiful IMO
6 Mette-Marit at the bridge
7 Victoria again, when I viewd the video you could see how the wind kept blowing into Victorias skirt so I was almost afraid there would be a Marilyn Monoroe moment:D (UKpress)
8 One more of Mette-Marit and Märtha Louise from the gala. I think Märtha looks great for woman that gave birth to her 2. child only two moths ago, even if I have seen her in prettier dresses before. Btw I wonder how high heels Mette-Marit is wearing at the gala because she looks extraordinarily tall on all the gala pictures, or it might just be the angle she has been photographed from compared to the rest (from nettavisen)

9 banquet table (anb.no)

Thanks Larzen for the pics ! Queen Sonja was beautiful in her outfit . On the second picture I first thought it was Märtha Louise . Sonja looks like her daughter so much on this photo !

Thank you everyone for the wonderful photos. :) Bullet-point time again.
  • I like what Victoria is wearing here. The suit is very pretty. I don't want to judge, but I hope MM holding her stomach doesn't mean she is feeling unwell.
  • This outfit looks nice on Victoria, except for one minor issue. She's done something different with her hair which is nice.
  • Märtha Louise's outfit looks great. She really suits bright colours, and as I said before, she looks fantastic. The handbag is cute too.
  • Mette-Marit's pink gala gown is growing on me more and more. I think it is one of the nicest ones she's worn. I think the sleeves really add to it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danielle said:
  • This outfit looks nice on Victoria, except for one minor issue.

Hmmm, what could the minor issue be...I think...and think...but I can´t figure it out :D
Well, I must say here the white shoes make a nice contrast to the colour of the clothes. But still...a new pair wouldn´t ruin the Royal house.

Lena said:
Hmmm, what could the minor issue be...I think...and think...but I can´t figure it out :D
Well, I must say here the white shoes make a nice contrast to the colour of the clothes. But still...a new pair wouldn´t ruin the Royal house.

To quote the high-jumping Michael Jordan, "It´s got to be the shoes". :)

YAHOO NEWS

New Bridge to Open Between Sweden, Norway
By DOUG MELLGREN, Associated Press Writer Fri Jun 10, 7:18 AM ET

OSLO, Norway - The Norwegian and Swedish monarchs opened a new bridge between their countries Friday.

King Harald V of Norway and King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden met with great fanfare in the middle of the Svinesund bridge spanning a fjord south of Oslo.

Harald called the 2,300-foot-long bridge "a strong symbol of the unity between the brother nations."

Norway is celebrating 100 years of independence from Sweden, which dominated a union between the two countries until 1905.

The two monarchs unveiled a stone monument of two hands extending toward each other, and shook hands themselves amid applause from a crowd of dignitaries and business leaders.

The new bridge, billed as the world's largest single-arched bridge, is meant to ease car traffic between the countries. About 15,000 cars cross the fjord every day.

AP Photo: From left, Swedish Crown Princess Victoria, Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf, Norwegian King Harald,...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have updated the jewllery thread of each royal from this gala
see the jewllery forum

From www.vg.no another picture of Märtha Louise and Ari at the luncheon June 11, 2005.

1118557803vg9lg.jpg

Last edited:
Mandy said:
From www.vg.no another picture of Märtha Louise and Ari at the luncheon June 11, 2005.

Aww. What a nice photo of the couple. A little TLC. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom