Spanish State Visit to Norway: June 6-8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
In May and June there are several very important events that Im sure she will attend:
National day, State visit from Spain, and whole week of celebration of the 100th anniversary of King Haakons coronation (read about it in the family thread here), also a possible visit to the Thailand for the Kings Diamond jubilee. We will se what happens in April, I dont expect to see her much.

Will the Princes of Asturias be joining the King and Queen of Spain??

Princess Robijn said:
Will the Princes of Asturias be joining the King and Queen of Spain??
As discussed on the Royal Family of Spain's Sub-Forum, the Princes of Asturias rarely join the King & Queen of Spain on a state visit. They have numerous official visits on their own. :)
It would be lovely if they decide to join the state visit to norway, but i sincerely doubt it. :(

Thanks by the dates no longer are forgot me jeje (Gillian :p)

I am desiring to see but to the Princess in official acts and I am desiring that May arrive then and June.I worship to the small of the Principes they are precious ;)

purple_platinum said:
As discussed on the Royal Family of Spain's Sub-Forum, the Princes of Asturias rarely join the King & Queen of Spain on a state visit. They have numerous official visits on their own. :)
It would be lovely if they decide to join the state visit to norway, but i sincerely doubt it. :(

thanks.. :) :) :)

State visit from Spain: June 6-8, 2006

kjerhtjre1sq.jpg

Scanpix
State visit from Spain 6-8 June 2006

Their Majesties King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia of Spain will come on a 3 day state visit to Norway from 6-8 June.

Kongehuset
Some details has started to come out:

8th of June will be spent in Bergen, King Harald and Queen Sonja will accompany the Spanish King and Queen to Bergen. The program is so far not ready but it is decided they will visit Troll A platform in the North Sea.

(Statoil)
Norways most PR hungry Mayor, Coffe King Herman Friele is ofcourse delighted both couples are comming to Bergen:rolleyes:
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/ibergen/article635248.ece

In Oslo King Harald and King Juan Carlos will visit the new and high tech frigate Fridtjof Nansen, the Frigate is made on a 21 billion NOK contract in Navantia in Spain and is the first 5 frigates the Norwegian Navy have ordered from Spain. This will be King Haralds second visit to the Frigate within a week as he and the Crown Prince will inspect it when it arrives in Oslo, but the Spanish King had requested a tour according to VG paper edition
frigate0fm.jpg

(forsvaret)
In English about the Frigates built in Spain for the Royal Norwegian Navy
http://www.mil.no/fregatter/start/english/

Last time King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia was in Norway on a state visit was to King Olav in 1982

000004865769oc.jpg

knudsen fotosenter

Not royal related but the Spanish Minister of Forreign Affairs will meet with his Norwegian counterpart Jonas Gahr Støre on June 8th
http://odin.dep.no/ud/norsk/dep/minister_a/kalender/

As most of the Norwegian fotoagencys are closed and the palace practices Pool-photography inside and only allow a few photographers to be present, usually there are not many gala pictures availble, but one can hope they allow more press this time considering it is much more high profile than a president, here are papers and open agencies to look for pictures:

ANB photo agency which always takes gala pictures, press "Gjest i fotoarkiv", if you get error message reload the page, usually they place some of their pictures without the annoying watermark here

knudsensfotosenter usually has pictures from the arrival ceremony and outside avtivities, it takes some time though before they are put online

National Web papers
Aftenposten VG Dagbladet Nettavisen NRK

Local papers in Bergen
BT and BA and NRK Hordaland

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/gobierno_gran_cruz_isabel_catolica_899938.htm

Spanish Government grants Great Cross of Isabel Católica to Princess of Norway

The Ministers' Council resolved today granted the Great Cross of Isabel's Catholic Order to the Princess of Norway Mette-Marit and to the princes of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Faisal Bin Al-Hussein and Alia Al-Faisal.

According to the reference of the Ministers' Council, also there was granted the Great Cross of the Order of the Civil Merit to the ambassador of Norway in Spain, Per Ludvig Magnus, and to the vice-minister of Foreign Norwegian Matters, Sven Erik Svedman.

The same distinction granted Berit Tversland to the Marshall of the Norwegian Court, Arne Omholt, and to the secretary deprived of the Royal House of the same country.

im hope CP Couple will attend Norway for state visit im hope so

sara1981 said:

According to the Palace it's only the King and the Queen of Spain which is coming.

sara1981 said:

I´m pretty sure they won´t. Normally only reigning monarchs or other heads of state do state visits. It´s different in the Netherlands because the Queen´s consort has passed away, so Beatrix is getting some support from son an daughter-in-law.

lula said:
http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/gobierno_gran_cruz_isabel_catolica_899938.htm

Spanish Government grants Great Cross of Isabel Católica to Princess of Norway

The Ministers' Council resolved today granted the Great Cross of Isabel's Catholic Order to the Princess of Norway Mette-Marit and to the princes of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan Faisal Bin Al-Hussein and Alia Al-Faisal.

According to the reference of the Ministers' Council, also there was granted the Great Cross of the Order of the Civil Merit to the ambassador of Norway in Spain, Per Ludvig Magnus, and to the vice-minister of Foreign Norwegian Matters, Sven Erik Svedman.

The same distinction granted Berit Tversland to the Marshall of the Norwegian Court, Arne Omholt, and to the secretary deprived of the Royal House of the same country.

The order of Isabella the Catholic is also the order for Crown princes, isn´t it? Is Haakon already in possession of a spanish order?

Smilla said:
Must be awkward for the Spanish to hand out an order to Mette Marit after looking at her as sin incarnated for such a long time. :)

What are you saying? Only you have had to of reading Peñafiel's opinions. It terrifies me that the people continue thinking that Spain lives how in epoch of Franco. The Spaniards we are so liberal how the rest of European… is more in many questions our laws are more liberal than those of other countries . Please, we had been 30 years of democracy and freedom. We did not live in caverns. :mad:

lula said:
What are you saying? Only you have had to of reading Peñafiel's opinions. It terrifies me that the people continue thinking that Spain lives how in epoch of Franco. The Spaniards we are so liberal how the rest of European… is more in many questions our laws are more liberal than those of other countries . Please, we had been 30 years of democracy and freedom. We did not live in caverns. :mad:

Actually, I was thinking of the Spanish royals, who - as I read somewhere - disapproved of Mette Marit because of her unconventional "past". I was not talking about the Spanish in general. Sorry if you felt offended.

Smilla said:
Actually, I was thinking of the Spanish royals, who - as I read somewhere - disapproved of Mette Marit because of her unconventional "past". I was not talking about the Spanish in general. Sorry if you felt offended.

If it is also very typical. What they can think or not of Mette Marit, does not know it anybody. I you remember that Mette Marit has sailed in the ship of the Spanish Royal Family.
Unfortunately, the ignorance makes think that Spain is a country very tradional, " the catholic reservation of west " that was said former. And it is applied also to the Monarchy. I have read commentaries on the royal Spanish family in foreign means that have given me laugh.

Smilla said:

Well, with an even divorced daughter-in-law Juan Carlos and Sophia
can´t really have something against the CP of Norway, can they?!
This discussion about MMs "unconventional past" bores me to death...

And speaking of an order, whose name includes the word "catholic",
I can only wonder, what Mette-Marit did since many years (at least
since her first son was born), that could be dubbed as "un-catholic"??
She got married, had two further children, is a loving wife and devoted mother!
In todays society a rather conventional, almost unusual conservative lifestyle!

I wonder if we will see hats from the Norwegian Royal ladies at this visit. Spanish royal women don't typically wear hats during state visits do they?

wartenberg7 said:
The order of Isabella the Catholic is also the order for Crown princes, isn´t it? Is Haakon already in possession of a spanish order?

The order of Isabella the Catholic is the highest Spanish ranking order for females, both Infantas (the King's daughters) have it, it's like the Tolson Order for males (is that the right name?, I don't honestly remember:eek: )

crisiñaki said:
The order of Isabella the Catholic is the highest Spanish ranking order for females, both Infantas (the King's daughters) have it, it's like the Tolson Order for males (is that the right name?, I don't honestly remember:eek: )

Haakon has received the Great Cross of Carlos III. It was approved by another decree on the following day.

http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/doc.php?coleccion=indilex&id=2006/09339&txtlen=1000

"Royal Decree 652/2006, of May 26, for which there grants to himself the Great Cross of the Royal and Spanish Distiguida Orden of Carlos III to His Royal Highness the Prince Magnus Haakon of Norway."

The Great Cross of Carlos III is a bit more important than Isabel la Católica Cross . Normally to other inheritors that of Isabel the Catholic has delivered, but for some reason they have decided to give that of Carlos III to Haakon.

Crisiñaki, the Infantas now use the Cross of Carlos III, scarcely they use that of Isabel the Catholic one. The Cross of Carlos III have blue and white band, that of blue and yellow Isabel.
The Toisón of gold is a decoration that only submits to reigning persons, there are very few toisones.

They should try to get his name right when they give him an order, he only has two to get in the right order:rolleyes:
kwanfan said:
I wonder if we will see hats from the Norwegian Royal ladies at this visit. Spanish royal women don't typically wear hats during state visits do they?
Queen Sonja always wear hats for the welcomming ceremony of the state visits weather the guest does or not, further the King will surly be in uniform and I cant ever remember her not wearing a hat when he is uniform, maybe she wont wear them for the rest of the events, but for the welcomming Im pretty sure she will. Queen Rania did not wear a hat when she and her husband was on a visit, Queen Sonja did.

Never mind that, the Gala dinner just became an attraction richer if I may say so:D Norways hottest (and one of the best) male handball player Kristian Kjelling has been invited, Kjelling plays for the Spanish club Ademar Leon, but is probably going to Portland San Antonio next season. Both King Juan Carlos and King Harald are interested in handball. He is going with his girlfriend Madeleine Lundberg:eek: He says it is an honour to be invited
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/sport/handball/article644328.ece

Last edited:
lula said:
Haakon has received the Great Cross of Carlos III. It was approved by another decree on the following day.

http://www.boe.es/g/es/bases_datos/doc.php?coleccion=indilex&id=2006/09339&txtlen=1000

"Royal Decree 652/2006, of May 26, for which there grants to himself the Great Cross of the Royal and Spanish Distiguida Orden of Carlos III to His Royal Highness the Prince Magnus Haakon of Norway."

The Great Cross of Carlos III is a bit more important than Isabel la Católica Cross . Normally to other inheritors that of Isabel the Catholic has delivered, but for some reason they have decided to give that of Carlos III to Haakon.

Crisiñaki, the Infantas now use the Cross of Carlos III, scarcely they use that of Isabel the Catholic one. The Cross of Carlos III have blue and white band, that of blue and yellow Isabel.
The Toisón of gold is a decoration that only submits to reigning persons, there are very few toisones.

Thanks a lot for the info lula, I knew the Infantas got the Isabella order when they came of age but I didn't know the Carlos III one is more important;)

Information from Casareal, trough the translator with some corrections
http://www.casareal.es/esp/sm_reina/Acto.jsp?acto=3290

On invitation of Their Majestys Reyes Harald V and Sonja of Norway, Their Majestys the Kings will make a state visit to Norway from the 6 to the 8 of June. It is second State visit from their Majestys to Norway, after they made one from the 14 to the 17 of April of 1982 under the reign of Olav V, father of the present King of Norway.

Their Majestys the Kings will be dismissed with the decree honors to the Pavilion of State of the Airport of Barajas to the morning of day 6, and will fly off for Norway. After being received in the Airport of Oslo (Gardermoen), Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía will be transferred to the Royal Palace, where the official welcomming ceremony will be celebrated and they will meet with the Norwegian Royal Family.

The activities will continue with the visit of His Majesty the King to the Norwegian Parliament, where President of the Parliament will be the host, then he will move to the Office of Prime minister Jens Stoltenberg, with whom he will have a meeting.

At the same time, Doña Sofía, accompanied by Sonja of Norway, will visit the Ibsen Museum. At night, Their Majestys King Harald and Queen Sonja will offer a gala dinner in the Royal Palace in honor of Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía.

Tuesday, 7 of June, Their Majestys, accompanied by Their Majestys the King and Queen of Norway, will attend in the Fortress of Akershus will lay a wreath on the National Monument to the victims of the War. Once concluded, Don Juan Carlos and King Harald of Norway will move to the Port of Oslo to embark in the frigate of the Royal Norwegian Navy “Fridtjof Nansen” and they will visit the ship.

At the same time, Doña Sofía and Queen Sonja of Norway will be transferred to the University Hospital of Ullevål to visit the Norwegian Center for the Investigation of the Dementia.

Later, Their Majestys the Kings will go to the National Gallery, where they will inaugurate the exhibition “Don Quijote: Contemporary Spanish art” and will visit the room of Edvard Munch of the permanent collection of the National Gallery.

After that, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, accompanied by King Harald and Queen Sonja and Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit, will be transferred to the Castle of Akershus, where the Prime minister of Norway will offer a lunch to them.

In the evening, Their Majestys the Kings will meet with the Spanish residents in Norway in Oslo Concert building (Audience). The activities of the day will conclude with a concert of Spanish and Norwegian music in the Grand Hotel -Oslo, which will be followed by a reception that Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía will offer in honor of the King and Queen of Norway.

Thursday, 8 of June, Their Majestys will begin their activities in Bergen, from where they will undertake trip to the platform Troll A. Once concluded the visit they return to Bergen, where the King and Queen of Norway will on board the Royal Yacht Norge offer a reception. Later, Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía will be transferred to the Airport of Bergen (Flesland) to return to Spain.

Last edited:
Larzen said:
They should try to get his name right when they give him an order, he only has two to get in the right order:rolleyes:

Exactly! Very embarressing ideed...:mad:

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/gobierno_noruega_reyes_911670.htm

Norway before Kings' trip

The Ministers' Council agreed today to grant the Great Cross of the Order of the Civil Merit to the Princess Martha Louise of Norway, four days before the trip of State that the Kings of Spain will realize to this country.

The Ministers' Council already granted the Great Cross of Isabel's Order the Catholic one to the Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, last Friday, the 26th of May.

The Kings will visit Norway in a trip of State that they will effect to Oslo and Berger between the 6th and 8th of June, the the invited by Harald V and Sonja of Norway.

The Kings travel this week to Norway, the country closest to the UE and a power energy.

The Kings of Spain will initiate Tuesday a visit of State from three days to Norway, a country considered key by the Spanish Government, member of NATO and the European Economic Space --very implied in policies of the UE although he does not comprise of the club-- and a power in the petroleum sector and the natural gas.

The Kings of Spain will arrive at the airport from Oslo to premiums hour from afternoon from Tuesday. In the airport Prince Haakon will receive them

http://www.atb-e.com/default.asp?id=leer_mas&logo=portada&fh=20060604123610

The Press has some articles on the up comming state visit, various degrees of tabloid level, with Se og Høre leading, on their front page: Harald and Sofia - Romance rumours for many years:p
http://www.seher.no/cm

Aftenposten has a long article on Juan Carlos called "From Dictator to King of the People"
A short summary:
- First about the period from Franco and to the coup d'état
- Then they have talked to a media professor at the Universidad de Complutense de Madrid, Javier Maestro, he asks if the King hesitated during the 18 hours of the coup d'état to see which way it would go, he says there is no real knowledge about what happened in those hours and that the press is not interested in investigating it
- The authos or "The selfmade Monarch" Charles Powell says he has not found the slightest evidence to support Maestros thoughts
- Then they tell how the King allowed the communist party in 1977 and gained respect on the left side and compare it to how King Haakon asked the Norwegian AP to start a goverment in 1928
- They tell about the Crown Prince couple tours of Madrid and how all the places they have been met by republican demonstartions, and that some has been arrested
- Powell dont think Juan Carlos looks to scandinavian (bicycle monarchies) monarchies for inspiration, but that he has seen the situation in Portugal and his brother in law and that he knows very well that monarchs who make wrong decisions is thrown of the throne
-Also that Juan Carlos was not invited on state visits to the Nordic countries until after the coup d'état, the Nordic countries were very sharp in the condemming of Franco and they wanted to be sure Juan Carlos was a democrat until he was invited.
- then they have talked to some people in the street who all like the royal family and think the monarchy will continue and that the Prince is capable, even if it is an undemocratic institution
http://www.aftenposten.no/fakta/innsikt/article1340862.ece

Translation of the time table for the visit from
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_allAtOnce.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=15&aid=

6. June
14.30 HRH The Crown Prince will meet TM the King and Queen of Spain at Gardermoen airport.
15.30 TM The King, Queen and HRH the Crown Princess will meet the three of them at the Palace square.
16.35 King Juan Carlos will visit Stortinget.
16.35 Queen Sonja and Queen sofia will visit the Ibsen Museum.
17.20 King Juan Carlos visit Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg.
20.00 Gala dinner at the royal palace.

7. June
09.15 King Juan Carlos places a wreath at the NAtional monument, Akershus Fortress
09.35 King Harald and King Juan Carlos visits KMN Fridtjof Nansen, Vippetangen
09.45 Queen Sonja and Queen Sofia visit Ullevål University hospital
11.30 King Harald, Queen Sonja, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia visit a spanish exhibition at the National Art museum
13.00 The goverments lunch, AKershus
17.00 King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia is present for a reception for the spanish colony - Oslo Concert building
20.00 Spanish return arrangement

8. June
10.45 The King and Queen recieves King Juan Carlos and Queen sofia at Flesland airport - Bergen
12.00 King Harald, Queen Sonja, King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia leaves Flesland for TrollA platform - North sea
12.30 Arrival at Troll A, tour of the platform
15.30 Departure from Troll A
16.00 Arrival at Flesland airport - Bergen
17.45 The King and Queen gives a reception onboard the royal yacht for King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia
21.00 The King and Queen bids farewell of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia - Flesland airport - Bergen

Last edited:
http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/articulo/reyes_noruega_estado_916150.htm

The Kings divided towards Norway in visit of State three days

The Kings of Spain departed today towards Norway, in a trip of State of three days, the second one that they realize to this country, that it will include a visit to a petriliferous floor of the sea of the North.

The Kings detached at 11:15 in a plane of the Air Spanish Force - in which the minister of Foreign Affairs travels also, Michael Angel Moratinos-, from the airport of Barajas, where they were dismissed by honors of ordinance by the minister of Health, Elena Salgado.

The aim of this visit of State of the Kings to Norway is to increase the bilateral relations with a country that is not a member of the European Union, but that takes part in the economic European space and is an associate of the NATO.

The relations between both Royal Houses are very narrow, and almost every summer the Norwegian monarch takes part in the ditch of the King in Palma.
Don Juan Carlos and Dona Sofía realized their first visit of State to the Scandinavian country in 1982, with Olav V in the Throne, and the kings Harald and Sonia visited Spain in 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom