State visit from Israel: May 12-13, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairy tale

Heir Apparent
City
B.
Country
Germany
At the invitation of His Majesty King Harald V Israeli President Shimon Peres comes on a state visit in May this year. The official program will take place on May 12 and 13. The program will include an opening reception at the Palace Square, a gala dinner at the Royal Palace and lunch at Akershus Castle. Other program elements are being prepared.
kongehuset.no - Israels president Shimon Peres på statsbesøk i Norge
Google Translation

Norwegian royal expert Kjell Arne Totland writes in his blog that "As late as Monday morning it was told at the Royal House website that Peres was "the royal couple's guest" - and that "Their Majesties the King and Queen" would participate in events both days".
But when the event the solemn reception at Palace Square, was held at 10:00 am Monday morning, Queen Sonja was absent.
To general astonishment and consternation.
But according the Palace there is simply no drama in this: Queen Sonja "is on a long-planned trip."
Her Majesty was also quickly removed from all program records both Monday and Tuesday.
Nå er Mette-Marit Norges førstedame! Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
Translation

It's great to see Princess Astrid again!

short video dronning sonja: Derfor dukket ikke Sonja opp - Se og hør
Translation (article is also about Queen Sonja's absence)

Picture

article and pictures from the NRF-website The Royal House of Norway - State Visit from Israel

Program - I'm looking forward to the Gala dinner tonight:
12.05.2014 Welcoming ceremony
State Visit from Israel: His Majesty The King welcomes His Excellency President Shimon Peres in the Palace Square. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (10:00).

12.05.2014 Wreath laying ceremony
State Visit from Israel: His Majesty The King accompanies His Excellency President Shimon Peres during the wreath laying ceremony at Akershus fortress (11:10).

12.05.2014 Official luncheon
State visit from Israel: His Majesty The King hosts an official luncheon in honour of His Excellency President Shimon Peres at The Royal Palace. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance (12:15).

12.05.2014 Gala dinner
State visit from Israel: His Majesty The King hosts a gala dinner in honour of His Excellency President Shimon Peres at The Royal Palace. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance (20:00).

13.05.2014 The Nobel Institute
State visit from Israel: His Majesty The King attends His Excellency President Shimon Peres' public lecture at the Nobel Institute (10:30).

13.05.2014 Official luncheon
State visit from Israel: His Majesty The King and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the Government's luncheon in honour of His Excellency President Shimon Peres at Akershus Castle (12:00).
ADD:
a few more pictures http://www.anbfoto.no/fotoweb/default.fwx?search=Shimon+Peres

big pictures http://www.dagen.no/2014/05/11/israel/innenriks/utenriks/slottet/241250

Last edited:
state visit
a video today
VGTV

Great video, thank you! It´s the 1st time I was able to watch the whole welcoming ceremony completely and not just a 30 sec. clip!
Have you noticed the two boys in front of the palace "freakin´out" to the military music while waiting for the arrival of the president and CP Haakon?
Very funny...!:lol:
I´m so enthusiastic about the CPss outfit. She looked so elegant and I especially liked her long white gloves!:flowers:
Still Her Majesty is missed!:sad:

Last edited:
Pity Her Majesty,Queen Sonja was absent but its always lovely to see Her Highness Princess Astrid!

I noticed that The King didn't wear the badge of his St. Olav. Is it known why?

Tuesday, May 13: Government's luncheon in honour of His Excellency President Shimon Peres at Akershus Castle

Picture of CP Mette-Marit

Back
Top Bottom