State visit from India: October 13-14, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fairy tale

Heir Apparent
City
B.
Country
Germany
At the invitation of His Majesty King Harald V, President of India Pranab Mukherjee and his daughter Sharmistha Mukherjee will do a state visit to Norway, October 13-14, 2014.

It will be the first state visit between Norway and India.

The program of President of India will include an official reception at the Palace Square and a gala dinner at the Royal Palace which Their Majesties The King and Queen host. :flowers:

Akkreditering: Indias president på statsbesøk til Norge - regjeringen.no
Google Translation

Did anyone notice that Princess Astrid curtsied to the President as she was shaking his hand? It's contagious in Norway! ??

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Did anyone notice that Princess Astrid curtsied to the President as she was shaking his hand? It's contagious in Norway! ����

Indeed! :flowers:

Am I the only one shocked by how much King Harald looks unhealthy?:ohmy:
He walks with difficulty and seems to struggle to catch his breath:sad:

Last edited:
Am I the only one shocked by how much King Harald looks unhealthy?:ohmy:
He walks with difficulty and seems to struggle to catch his breath:sad:

I noticed how slowly and stiffly he walked. He does appear to have aged.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Did anyone notice that Princess Astrid curtsied to the President as she was shaking his hand? It's contagious in Norway! ??

I guess they assume all Heads of State deserve a curtsy, which actually makes sense to me.

I guess they assume all Heads of State deserve a curtsy, which actually makes sense to me.

Fair point.

Also, it is lovely how MM always curtsies to the Duchess of Cornwall when they meet.

Official Program

13.10.2014 Welcoming ceremony State Visit from India: Their Majesties The King and Queen welcome His Excellency President Pranab Mukherjee and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee in the Palace Square. TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (10:00).

13.10.2014 Wreath laying ceremony State Visit from India: His Majesty The King accompanies His Excellency President Pranab Mukherjee during the wreath laying ceremony at Akershus fortress. Her Majesty The Queen and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee will also be in attendance (11:00).

13.10.2014 Oslo City Hall State Visit from India: Their Majesties The King and Queen accompany His Excellency President Pranab Mukherjee and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee on a visit to Oslo City Hall (12:00).

13.10.2014 Official luncheon State visit from India: Their Majesties The King and Queen host an official luncheon in honour of His Excellency President Pranab Mukherjee and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee at The Royal Palace. Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and Her Highness Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance (13:30)

13.10.2014 The Fram Museum State Visit from India: Their Majesties The King and Queen accompany His Excellency President Pranab Mukherjee and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee on a visit to the Fram Museum (16:45).

13.10.2014 Gala Dinner State visit from India: Their Majesties The King and Queen host a gala dinner in honour of HE President Pranab Mukherjee and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee at The Royal Palace. TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess and HH Princess Astrid, Mrs Ferner will also be in attendance (20:00)

14.10.2014 Business seminars State Visit from India: His Majesty The King accompany His Excellency President Pranab Mukherjee to the joint opening of Norway India conferences on business and cooperation (the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise, NHO, 10:00).

14.10.2014 The Museum of Decorative Arts and Design State Visit from India: Her Majesty The Queen accompany Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee during a visit to the Museum of Decorative Arts and Design (10:00).

14.10.2014 Oslo Opera House State Visit from India: Her Majesty The Queen accompany Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee during a visit to Oslo Opera House (10:45).

14.10.2014 Official luncheon State visit from India: Their Majesties The King and Queen and attend the Government's luncheon in honour of HE President Pranab Mukherjee and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee at Akershus Castle. TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will also be in attendance (12:30).

14.10.2014 The Munch Museum State Visit from India: Their Majesties The King and Queen accompany His Excellency President Pranab Mukherjee and Madame Sharmistha Mukherjee on a visit to the Munch Museum (16:00).

:flowers:
Its nice seeing the differences between the different monarchies in agendas during state visits. In Denmark, for example, I see the crown prince couple being the ones in the majority of the events with the presidential couple. In Norway, it is the King and Queen.

No, royal protocol reserves curtsies to Kings/ Emperors and Queens/ Empresses only, not to republican heads of state. In the past even "First Ladies" were expected to curtsy royal persons (also to princesses or princes), but never the other way round!
This new kind of habit for a princess to curtsy commoners seems to be a thing of this generation and a purely norwegian-thing to do (never seen it anywhere else) :whistling:

The Queen and the CPss both look like a dream tonight, though!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
President Mukherjee and his daughter continued from Norway to Finland. The website of the finnish president tells that Sharmistha Mukherjee is a dancer. Here is her website.
Sharmistha Mukherjee

Back
Top Bottom