State visit from Estonia, September 2-4, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to "Order of splendour" the feathers and the ruby antennas are two different attachments to the same aigrette (whatever that is? Sounds like a dessert made out of a lot of eggs to me) tiara.

Don't worry, I didn't feel your grumpiness at all and even if I had I can take it. I've been to the rodeo before

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
An aigrette rather is a desert with a lot of feathers;)! They were originally designed to hold some feathers behind it, and they were very popular in beginning of the 20th century. Unfortunately they don't look that attractive when the feathers are left away.

Order of Splendour is a very nice site, but it is not always correct on all the details. So I’d like to see clearer pictures of that ruby-thingy before I make up my mind.
Here is an example of an aigrette with feathers.
Hair adornments - Women's Jewellery - How To Spend It

Princess Märtha-Louise stopped being a member of the Royal House arouond the time of her wedding. Since then she has attended only a few State Visits, mainly those from other Royals. Afaik the last time she went to a State Banquet was the visit from Luxembourg in 2011.

P.S. I miss her! Unlike her sister-in-law, she doesn’t hide her tiara somewhere towards the back of her head. (Oops, being grumpy again:whistling:).

Tilia C.
xuser_online.gif.pagespeed.ic.FzYfCWfif8.png
Royal Highness
P.S. I miss her! Unlike her sister-in-law, she doesn’t hide her tiara somewhere towards the back of her head. (Oops, being grumpy again:whistling:).[/QUOTE]

The Crown Princess doesn´t always "hide her tiara somewhere at the back of her head"; it depends on her hairdo and, probably, mood of her hairdresser...

Tilia C.
xuser_online.gif.pagespeed.ic.FzYfCWfif8.png
Royal Highness
P.S. I miss her! Unlike her sister-in-law, she doesn’t hide her tiara somewhere towards the back of her head. (Oops, being grumpy again:whistling:).

The Crown Princess doesn´t always "hide her tiara somewhere at the back of her head"; it depends on her hairdo and, probably, mood of her hairdresser...[/QUOTE]

The problem is also that because the daisy bandeau is not very high it tends to blend with her hair

Would like to see that too. We would probably be surprised that is not as small at all.

A dark-haired Cate Blanchett in "An Ideal Husband": http://s27.postimg.org/iwwqzl2kj/Cate_Blanchett.jpg
I think you are right, it somehow does look more substantial. But maybe that is also due to the more upright position.:flowers:

But sometimes mette-marit has also worn it in a position similar to this. I hope that it will be given to Ingrid Alexandra as her first tiara. She has also darker hair.

But sometimes mette-marit has also worn it in a position similar to this. I hope that it will be given to Ingrid Alexandra as her first tiara. She has also darker hair.
It would make a very good first tiara for a young Princess. But it seems to be such a firm favourite of Mette-Marit, that I think she would want to keep it for herself. So it's possible that Ingrid Alexandra will receive another first tiara.

Back
Top Bottom