State Visit from Brazil, 13 & 14 September, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Mette Marit`s pink dress...It`s fantastic:wub: She looks like a queen:)

great pictures! i'm glad the brazilian president decided to make such an extense tour around the scandinavian region. it was lovely to see all the princesses in their fantastic gala gowns.

mette marit did look truly beautiful. i loved her daytime outfit for the reception and her gala gown... pink really suits her. didn't she wear it before, i think while pregnant with sverre magnus - in the uk visit?

i loved her daytime outfit for the reception and her gala gown... pink really suits her. didn't she wear it before, i think while pregnant with sverre magnus - in the uk visit?

it does not seem to be the same dress, actually. i just checked the appropriate thread, and this one has a different neckline than the 2005 one. the colour does not seem the same one either, although it may well be the light. perhaps she changed the neckline of the old one while she fixed the waistline a bit (she was pregnant at the moment) just as letizia did with her silver gown?

picture of the other pink dress: ImageShack - Hosting :: 327il.jpg

I just viewed some video of the gala and the Queen really did look lovely. The design of her dress is beautiful and is just flowed as she walked in. Unfortunately, I think we all react to the color of the gown and not the actual design. Yes, that mustard yellow is quite unfortunate ... and just distracts from what is a beautifully designed gown.

Queen Sonja, I didn't really like her daytime or evening look overall. The daytime outfit was alright but I think the length of her skirt was very unfashionable for someone with her petite size, it kind of swallowed her up. Lovely cut for the evening dress but once again repeated to soon and such an awful color!

Mette-Marit, I thought looked lovely during the day and at night. Interesting choice to not wear a hat! I loved that she had a coat on but we could still clearly see what her dress underneath looked like. As for the pink dress, I thought it was beautiful, simple and elegant. I was staring at it to try and figure out what the fabric was like. Until reading other posts I never noticed that she was lacking a necklace!

Haakon, what can I say, always wonderful to look at. King Harald looked nice as well. I loved that the Norwegian royal men wore their uniforms. They were the only ones to do that during these multi-country state visits!

Dear God! What is on Mrs ferners head? And that thing on Sonjas head does not impress me much either!

Mette Marit looks like she might be expecting again.... either that, or the cut of the dress just suggests it.
From your post to God's ear, I would love to see another baby in the family, they are such wonderful parents and have such beautiful children. I thought everyone looked very nice but I have to agree about the yellow dress, nice cut, I am not sure I like the color.

thanks so much for the video and links. the queen looked beautiful in the yellow gown(color aside) maybe a creamy lemon imo it was too bright. the king looks healthy and in good spirits i'm thankful to see. the prince handsome as always the only outfit i really like (stay away from prints and dark hose please) was the pink it was simple and elegant, she looked lovely, maybe she'll get a nice necklace for Christmas this year ;)

I felt sorry for Mette-Marit, she didn't look like she was feeling fantastic.

I felt sorry for Mette-Marit, she didn't look like she was feeling fantastic.

It's always enlightening to read what others have picked up on! I looked at many pics of this event before reading any posts and I never thought Mette-Marit looked under the weather! It was not until much later that I read some posts and saw that another poster said MM hadn't been feeling well the day before this visit. Well, we all see things differently. But I have to say that if she is under the weather she's done a great job disguising it, imo. :)

MM lokks like big girl with the Queen
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

I like her pink dress but she doesn't look good on it specially on the photos. I meana the top of that dress. She looks like athletically (her shoulders).

I just viewed some video of the gala and the Queen really did look lovely. The design of her dress is beautiful and is just flowed as she walked in. Unfortunately, I think we all react to the color of the gown and not the actual design. Yes, that mustard yellow is quite unfortunate ... and just distracts from what is a beautifully designed gown.

I like the yellow gown - suits her. There are not many women who look good in this colour.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit, as splendid as she is and as much as I like her...enough with the curling wands!

And as with her friend and Danish counterpart, her wedding tiara just doesn't cut 'it'. Sure, it's a nice piece but...

I find her style is particularly boring. Pink looks great on her and in all fairness there are a few evening gowns which suit her very well but for the most part, her choices aren't really all that flattering which is a shame because she could look stunning if some real thought were put into it. I'm not talking fashion icon, merely a wardrobe which both compliments her position and shape.

She is a stunner of a woman and I can envision her in some gorgeous things.

Arghh..send me to Oslo :ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom