State Visit from Brazil, 13 & 14 September, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Robijn

Moderator Emeritus , Royal Blogger
City
-
Country
Netherlands
The Brazilian President and his wife will visit Norway (State Visit) September 14 & 15, 2007

Great news!! is there a programme yet or is it still early?

Welcoming ceremony on Slottsplassen (17:15).

Gala dinner - The king and queen, the crown prince and princess and Princess Astrid Mrs Ferner will be the Norwegian royals participating. (20:00).

Putting down a wreath at the National monument at Akershus fortress. (09:50).

Lunch at Akershus. King and Queen, Crown Prince, Crown Princess. (13:00).

Goodbye ceremony
King and Queen, Crown Prince and Princess participating. (13:00).

Oh wonderful. I can't wait. With the Swedish and Danish State Visits we've been spoiled with dresses and tiaras!

For the welcoming-ceremony Mette-Marit wore a grey-black coat and no hat. (quite boring )
Queen Sonja recycled a green suit and small hat.

The King and the President:
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Last edited:
queen sonja is beautiful i love this green-mate colour on her. i miss martha-louise in these ceremonies. Definitively lula doesn't fit on royalty :lol: the president turned turned his arrival in a jolly party screaming and walking out of line.

How many times has Sonja worn that dress?! I love recycling gowns but I think its time to retire it!

Please, please King Harald, when your wife is sleeping tonight sneak away to her dressing room, take the yellow dress and burn it in the palace gardens! Sigh ;)

I love the butterfly Astrid is wearing, and Mette-Marit looks great.

Please, please King Harald, when your wife is sleeping tonight sneak away to her dressing room, take the yellow dress and burn it in the palace gardens! Sigh ;)

I love the butterfly Astrid is wearing, and Mette-Marit looks great.

I wholeheartedly agree about that yellow gown. Definitely not my favorite. :ohmy:

I like Sonja's yellow gown - or rather, I liked it the first couple of times she wore it. But this is an extremely recognizable gown because of the colour, and should therefore be worn sparingly. I like that she's good at recycling her clothes, but at state visits there should be a limit.

I can't wait to see the salmon flap dress again! I've been missing it for the longest time now, it should be recycled more often... :rolleyes:
It seems that Queen Sonja really recycles half of her evening gowns to death while the other half is only worn once or twice. Unfortunately, the rarely seen ones are sometimes far more elegant than the favorite ones.
Nice to see Princess Mette-Marit with a natural tan, it suits her.
But Brazil's President remains hopeless when it comes to orders. In Sweden, although he certainly received an order, he didn't wear it.
In Denmark, he wore the order but not the sash that goes with it.
And now in Norway, he wears the order plus the sash - and still with a business suit at a white tie gala. :bang:

Why , oh why???
I never imagined this combination in my worst nightmares: the yellow to-bright-to-look-at-it dress and the "Star wars" Topaz Tiara...:D
the cut of the dress is so lovely... but the color totally ruins it!
Sonja has far better dresses she can recycle how often she wants.. she just wore this yellow dress in Finland earlier this year...
Btw: She did something with her hair, didn't she? It seems darker and shorter.. suits her very well!

Mette-Marit's dress looked lovely , but she looked a bit "naked" around her neck... a necklace or some bigger earrings would have looked lovely...

Last edited:
Jeje, I thought about you, Her_Majesty, when I saw the yellow dress and the star wars parure! But I actually like the dress the first time I saw it (Infanta Cristina´s pre wedding dinner?), but it should be a museumpiece by now.

Let´s hope she can get this dress in gold, together with the star wars parure that would be very funky! Though I think Princess Astrid wins with her antenna´s... ;)

About Mette-Marit: I don´t understand why she doesn´t wear the Wasa necklace more often, the one she wore at he pre wedding dinner. It is a very nice piece IMHO. And even as a tiara it would be ok. Anyway, she has been looking rather well lately, healthy, glowing and she seems to take care of her wardrobe more.

--

The Brazilian President seems to be on a hurry during his ´state visits´. It basically is saying hello, have dinner, sleep and say goodbye again, or were other activities planned?

I love Mette-Marit's dress! It reminds me a bit of the one she wore during the visit to Britain two years ago when she was pregnant with Sverre Magnus. Although I agree with other, I'd love to see her wear a necklace more often for galas.

The biggest Brazilian tv channel showed in its nighlty news show the visit to Norway and it's the first time I saw King Harald and Queen Sonja on television :eek: Sonja was lovely handind a Brazilian flag. And Lula looks so happy around royals :D
And the visist to Sweden, Denmark and Norway weren't just about receptions and dinners. Lula gave interviews and talked to bussiness men about cooperation and investments between Brazil and those countries.

Dear God! What is on Mrs ferners head? And that thing on Sonjas head does not impress me much either!

Mette Marit looks like she might be expecting again.... either that, or the cut of the dress just suggests it.

MM and Haakon seem more in love than ever !
I think these pix very beautiful

I have a picture of it, but for some reason, I can't upload it ... :(

OSLO, NORWAY 2007-09-14The Brazilian President Luiz In?cio Lula da Silva and his wife Mrs. Marisa Letitia da Silva pays a State Visit to Norway. Their trip also include State Visits to Sweden, Danmark and Finland.

Pictured: Queen Sonja and Mrs. Marisa Letitia da Silva visits the famous Much Museum in Oslo.

posing with umbrellas
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

polfoto

Inside the Museum, watching the "Scream":
Watching the "Scream "

Queen Sonja still looks so interested in everything they explain to her... I guess she knows every single detail in this museum by heart. ;)
She visits it with nearly every foreign guest who comes to Norway.. she must have seen it a hundred times so far. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom